Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Aug 20, 2018 at 1:04 AM Post #37,145 of 42,765
My mojo is completely died after 3 years.

First battery died. I remove the battery and play only with cable attached.

After a good 1 month it dies again, even with power supply from PC. It can be turned on but will switch off immediately after the click sound.

Any remedy?

Aug 20, 2018 at 3:08 AM Post #37,146 of 42,765
My mojo is completely died after 3 years.

First battery died. I remove the battery and play only with cable attached.

After a good 1 month it dies again, even with power supply from PC. It can be turned on but will switch off immediately after the click sound.

Any remedy?

Did I get that right - you removed the battery and ran the Mojo connected to a PC via the micro-USB charging line?
The Mojo battery has 2-cells with 8,4V at full charge, 7,2V empty.
The USB voltage supply delivers 5V.

The behavior you are describing sounds like thermal shutdown.
I'd contact Chord support, they should be able to tell you what to do.
Good luck!

Aug 20, 2018 at 3:16 AM Post #37,147 of 42,765
Did I get that right - you removed the battery and ran the Mojo connected to a PC via the micro-USB charging line?
The Mojo battery has 2-cells with 8,4V at full charge, 7,2V empty.
The USB voltage supply delivers 5V.

The behavior you are describing sounds like thermal shutdown.
I'd contact Chord support, they should be able to tell you what to do.
Good luck!

Yup that was how I ran the mojo for the last one month. Sorry may I know what exactly is the thermal shutdown, can you elaborate more? I have the R3 too standby to use with my mojo :frowning2:

*My unit is cold and it still turns off whenever I turn it on.

Last edited:
Aug 20, 2018 at 3:49 AM Post #37,148 of 42,765
Yup that was how I ran the mojo for the last one month. Sorry may I know what exactly is the thermal shutdown, can you elaborate more? I have the R3 too standby to use with my mojo :frowning2:

The Mojo has some thermal protection that shuts it down before getting too hot.
But since it worked for a month and then stopped it sounds like some defect.

The thing is, the battery in the Mojo has 2 cells with 7,2...8,4V, the USB supplies 5V, and there must be a charging circuit between the USB input and the battery.
In these charging circuits there's a closed loop control, that first controls the current until the battery reaches its maximum voltage, then reduces the current to keep the voltage at that value.
I am not an electronics engineer, so I don't know how the circuit will react to being operated without the battery. Chord support is said to be very helpful, and I think it's your best bet.

I hope it will be fine after installing a new battery.

3607Fig02.gif

Aug 20, 2018 at 4:51 AM Post #37,149 of 42,765

The question as to whether it is possible to operate the mojo without a battery, has been debated within this thread, and I think chord's advice is to not try it. The explanation might be in the faq in post #3, otherwise it is probably in a post by Mojo ideas or Rob Watts.

Aug 21, 2018 at 3:33 AM Post #37,152 of 42,765
Can someone recommend a mini USB to mini USB and a mini USB to USB C cable I can use with my android tablet and phone? They need to be reasonably priced.
I hope you meant micro USB.
Fiio CL06 - USB-C to Micro-USB
Fiio ML06 - Micro USB to Micro USB.

Both are < $15 each.

Aug 21, 2018 at 12:06 PM Post #37,155 of 42,765
Hello,

I couldn't find an answer in the FAQ. I broke one of the headphone jacks (accidentally stepped on a headphone cable when it was plugged in) - I cracked the harness and now one of the headphone jacks only works if you hold the cable a certain way. Any idea on how I can get this fixed? Is this something I can do without soldering?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back