Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Apr 24, 2016 at 6:17 PM Post #16,651 of 42,788

As long as the device feeds a clean** digital signal into the Mojo, it shouldn't make a difference. Some prefer optical means for digital out (I believe DX80 does digital out through optical), because it is immune to electrical noise.

** - without any noise and added artifacts

Aaah, I see, thank you very much! Probably I´ll use just my Smartphone then for a while and take it slow on deciding which DAP to purchase and maybe also wait for the DX 200 to appear then...

Apr 24, 2016 at 6:35 PM Post #16,655 of 42,788

BTW, what IEM's did you upgrade to? In the future I may be condidering products from 64 audio.

The A10. It retains all the strengths of the IE80 (soundstage, smoothness, laid-back and airy presentation) and get rids of the weaknesses (mid-bass boom, recessed mids). Then on other technical aspects such as timbre, imaging, separation and layering, it is a clear step-up over the IE80. But I used the Fiio X3ii and iPhone 6 to demo it. I have been told that it scales really well with better sources. So I am really looking forward to get a mojo.

PM me if you have any specific questions about the A10 or A12.

Apr 24, 2016 at 7:36 PM Post #16,656 of 42,788

The A10. It retains all the strengths of the IE80 (soundstage, smoothness, laid-back and airy presentation) and get rids of the weaknesses (mid-bass boom, recessed mids). Then on other technical aspects such as timbre, imaging, separation and layering, it is a clear step-up over the IE80. But I used the Fiio X3ii and iPhone 6 to demo it. I have been told that it scales really well with better sources. So I am really looking forward to get a mojo.

PM me if you have any specific questions about the A10 or A12.

It should be a substantial improvement indeed. Have you tried one of the mods posted here on headfi where you cover up the base port with tape and set it to it's lowest?

Doing this resulted in a huge improvement to the mids and vocals but reduced the slam of the base. For me this was totally worth it since IMO it improved the sound quality and believability factor when listening to female and male vocalists as well as instruments.

Apr 24, 2016 at 7:52 PM Post #16,657 of 42,788
Thought I'd just pop by and see if there's any news on that SD card reader module? 

My Vorzuge Pure II+ is almost here and I'm an SD card reader short of taking the beastly mojo/pureII combo out and about. Matter of fact, my head-fi life has been pretty much suspended waiting for that module or a low profile dedicated fiio carrier. 

Apr 24, 2016 at 7:55 PM Post #16,658 of 42,788
  It should be a substantial improvement indeed. Have you tried one of the mods posted here on headfi where you cover up the base port with tape and set it to it's lowest?

Doing this resulted in a huge improvement to the mids and vocals but reduced the slam of the base. For me this was totally worth it since IMO it improved the sound quality and believability factor when listening to female and male vocalists as well as instruments.

Yep, happy user of the Tape-Mod. What kind of improvements does the Mojo bring to the IE80? 

Apr 24, 2016 at 8:31 PM Post #16,660 of 42,788
Does anyone know how many 'Tab count' Mojo uses? I can't find it in the specification page.  I know Hugo is 26K and Dave is 164K.

You mean 'Tap'. No, Chord has not released this information and has indicated to me it would be a long time before they do, if ever.

Apr 24, 2016 at 8:59 PM Post #16,662 of 42,788

Yep, happy user of the Tape-Mod. What kind of improvements does the Mojo bring to the IE80? 

With the tape mod I felt it was dangerously close to the accuracy of my HD 700. The mids and vocals sound intimate,sweet, and smooth. Without it, there was too much mid base bloat and the vocals were more laid back.  I drove them with my LG V10 and with my Oppo BDP 105 blueray player and the sound felt more analytical but less enjoyful. It lost this certain warmth and smoothness that the mojo was delivering. 

Apr 24, 2016 at 9:03 PM Post #16,663 of 42,788
  Fixed :) ... I think it is higher than hugo, just by looking at temperature operation for the FPGA chips in hugo and mojo. The more tap count filter used, the more heat temperatureI

Ive never heard the hugo but people who have both are saying that the hugo is more analytical and more detailed than mojo. It could just be the difference in sound signiture that they're hearing but a greater tap length should account for more depth so if the mojo does indeed have more taps in theory it should be "better" than hugo. But only John and Rob know the tap length.

Apr 25, 2016 at 12:56 AM Post #16,665 of 42,788

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back