Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Mar 19, 2016 at 7:53 PM Post #13,816 of 42,765
ok I tested again the blue...i didn't remembered that actually i used it a bit to test the Jitterbug Yesterday and didn't put it in charge again

with blue I reached 2 hour and 20 ... so all in all it's about 8 hours

So green doesn't exist?

Mar 19, 2016 at 7:57 PM Post #13,817 of 42,765
Understood :bigsmile_face: . I was just getting the impression with your 2-second comment stated twice that I was not make the effort to do the research. Anyway, I will seek out another OTG cable to try in the event this VicTsing one is the culprit. I also just tried the Audioengine D3 which worked fine as well but as you stated perhaps that does not need the OTG spec as well. Thanks.

I just Google'd VicTsing OTG USB adaptor and the results all come up with using it as a peripheral device, not to host audio, but once again, I have no clue if that's exactly the root of the issue, or if it is the phone. Just trying to brainstorm here. Even though I don't use OTG audio I do know that the pin configuration needs to be such that it tells the Host and Slave device to transmit and receive the audio signal.

Mar 19, 2016 at 8:16 PM Post #13,819 of 42,765
I just Google'd VicTsing OTG USB adaptor and the results all come up with using it as a peripheral device, not to host audio, but once again, I have no clue if that's exactly the root of the issue, or if it is the phone. Just trying to brainstorm here. Even though I don't use OTG audio I do know that the pin configuration needs to be such that it tells the Host and Slave device to transmit and receive the audio signal.

The VicTsing one I am using had this in the Item Description but not in the Product Title: "Backward Compatibility. Based on USB3.0 technology, it is backward compatible with the previous version of USB2.0 and support OTG function." It was also in a video on the Post #3 section of this thread, mind you the only examples shown using it was adding a mouse and thumb drive to use on the phone. No DAC was shown as an example so now I'm not even sure why it's listed there.

So, to be sure, I've just ordered another adapter cable that specifically states "OTG" in the product title: "USB Type-C cable, Tronsmart USB-C (Type C) to USB 3.0 Standard Type A Female OTG". Reviews are good although nothing specific to Windows Phone/DACs.

Thanks again!

Mar 19, 2016 at 8:53 PM Post #13,820 of 42,765
Anyone know what the deal is with ASIO on Windows 10? It doesn't show up in Foobar or Sony MediaGo as ASIO device despite having installed the driver. WASAPI works fine though.

I think in Foobar you have to download a plug-in to get WASAPI. Probably the same with ASIO.

Media Go is a mystery because it offers ASIO, then greys it out. Silly question but are you actually saying you got WASAPI going with Media Go. I never saw the option, but your post looks like you are saying you have WASAPI in Media Go.

Mar 19, 2016 at 9:04 PM Post #13,821 of 42,765
  Well as a 950XL & Mojo owner I can state they do not work together. I've sent Chord an email. I'm rather disappointed since now the Mojo will either remain by my laptop or I will have to throw the SIM card back into my Android HTC One M8 for on-the-go listening bliss. It looks like the Chord website no longer specifically names Windows Phone as a compatible device: "Chord Electronics is proud to introduce Mojo, the ultimate DAC/Headphone Amplifier for your smartphone. Simply connect Mojo to your iPhone, Android phone, PC, or Mac, plug in your headphones..."

I am sure recently I read that I read the Lumia 950 works. I might have to so a search or look over the 3rd post again.

No worries for me though because I am not in the market for a Windows smartphone.

Mar 19, 2016 at 10:09 PM Post #13,824 of 42,765
Price of entry into the portable stage, I would have to suggest the Oppo HA-2. However, it's not to my liking due to the use of the Sabre DAC which is too bright for my musical preference. Its amp implementation is very good though not as good as the Cayin C5 amp.

My previous setup before the Mojo was the RWAK100S mod line out to the C5 amp and subsequently to the ALO RX MK3B. Great portable combination but loses to the Mojo's detail retrieval and speed.
YMMV with the gear I mentioned

Mar 19, 2016 at 10:37 PM Post #13,825 of 42,765
Hey guys.
I wonder whether the mojo can off charging curcuit when it was fully charged because i let it be power connected over last night.
Really concerned about that might negatively effects on battery life.

Mar 19, 2016 at 11:04 PM Post #13,826 of 42,765
Hey guys.
I wonder whether the mojo can off charging curcuit when it was fully charged because i let it be power connected over last night.
Really concerned about that might negatively effects on battery life.
i do that everyday, it won't do annything negative to battery life..

all smartphones ans other tech gadgets come with smart battery technology, if the charging reaches 100%, it will cut off the charge then when it discharges to 99% again the charging will start and the loop goes on.

Chill, i put my oneplus one, nexus and mojo to charge whole night everyday..

Mar 19, 2016 at 11:57 PM Post #13,827 of 42,765
I'm talkin about the ability of the  "amp section" to drive highZ loads, the perfect control of  headphone's drivers the amp should have,
the ability to handle difficult passages

And I'm talking about the maximum sound quality you can get with the HD800

Hmm it's funny you say that, because the Valhalla2 - an OTL amp supposedly able to drive high impedance HPs like the HD800 - seem to degrade the sound (elaborated on in my previous post).

Even the V200 which I had, though excellent, did not bring me the same level of enjoyment as the mojo alone. Perhaps you could elaborate on what kind of amps you are comparing the Mojo's amp to?

Only then can we make a fair assessment of the Mojo's value!

Mar 20, 2016 at 12:39 AM Post #13,828 of 42,765
using ferrite core on digital and power cables improves the sq. I also tried the snap on cores on headphone cable which resulted in loss of finer Treble details and music became kind of lifeless. so these cores are very good for cleaning digital and power streams but not to be used with analog music output stream .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back