Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Feb 16, 2016 at 9:38 PM Post #11,491 of 42,765
According to given picture the samsung adaptor delivers 2A current which is more than mojo's recomminded current rating (1A). I think that may be the reason.
So try to charge your mojo using 1A charging adaptor (optimum one is apple iphone charger which deliver 1A).
If still issue exists , as per my understanding you have to RMA.
Next time never use any kind of adaptor which delivers more than 1A. Seems that this is a good lesson!!!

That's not correct, the mojo or any other piece of equipment will only draw the current that it needs to charge, there is no disadvantage having a higher current charger than needed and it is better to have more current available rather then not enough !

Also the 1amp iPhone charger you recommend isn't ideal as it is the bare minimum needed and I believe a number of the issues in this thread about mojo batteries discharging too quickly are due to inadequate chargers !

Edit: too slow

Feb 17, 2016 at 3:10 AM Post #11,493 of 42,765

Click on the orange selection button

Choose 'Network'

Enter the details as required, i think the username must NOT have any spaces not too sure, plus the ip address you use to sign into your NAS from your PC and the password

Then just search and play

That is one solution. My NAS is running Twonky, so selecting the UPnP/DLNA option above Tidal, is how I play from NAS.

Feb 17, 2016 at 3:43 AM Post #11,494 of 42,765
That is one solution. My NAS is running Twonky, so selecting the UPnP/DLNA option above Tidal, is how I play from NAS.

Very true that is another alternative, it's whatever will work for@Skeptikern and others who have not been able to connect their NAS drive to UAPP

Feb 17, 2016 at 4:57 AM Post #11,495 of 42,765
Hi all, a previous lurker here. A little shy about posting, especially in the face of the many knowledgeable members here, but decided to try and start posting (ashamedly quite lazy) because of a newfound excitement in headphone gear again. Sounds like signs of audio fever methinks

i'm a little late to the party, but was testing out the Mojo for a month or two after John passed me one to try out a while back. I've tried my fair share of headphones and amplifiers (nothing too epic though) and was previously happy enough to go through life with a simple x3ii + m50x combination (good enough for the convenience!), but my extended time with the Mojo has certainly made it hard for me to go back.

For someone who's more on the mainstream side of things, I was quite excited by its premise of catering for those who want to start on their journey into 'high resolution' audio without having to spend super crazy money. Its not dirt cheap, but you can do a lot worse. Plus from experience it's easier to explain to people why all these contraptions and messy cables are worth the effort when there's a striking contrast, which i feel the Mojo does easily, compared to some other devices.

Now my x3ii is gonna have to find a new home, and while my m50x is a good match, i kinda want more. I cant bring out my open cans on the move so i have to hunt for a new set of closed backs.

I might have missed the post(s) but has anyone tried an Audeze Sine/Oppo Pm3 with a mojo?

P.S.
Anyway to the above posts about alternative apps, I've been using the Korg iAudioGate and I love it. While the Onkyo feels more lush, the iAudioengine is a little more neutral and it's much easier for me to pick out details. The downside is it's bloody pricey and to be honest, I stupidly bought the app without thinking and considering the ramifications. Fortunately it did not end badly for me. It also has to be said that the interface is sparse, but it works for me cos i hate tweaking.

Feb 17, 2016 at 5:22 AM Post #11,496 of 42,765

Now my x3ii is gonna have to find a new home, and while my m50x is a good match, i kinda want more. I cant bring out my open cans on the move so i have to hunt for a new set of closed backs.

Why does the DAP have to go? What will you be using as transport for the Mojo? I'd have thought the X3ii would serve you well. Whether you go for closed back (travel type) headphones or more isolating in ears, there is a huge choice and by keeping your existing transport (X3ii), will leave more money to spend on them.

Feb 17, 2016 at 5:31 AM Post #11,497 of 42,765
Actually I've been meaning to ask, what do I need to hook up the x3ii to the mojo?

Even though part of the reason why I went for adac/amp solution is because I don't want to control a second device, but it'll be a nice option to have if I want to be away from my phone.

Feb 17, 2016 at 5:40 AM Post #11,498 of 42,765
Actually I've been meaning to ask, what do I need to hook up the x3ii to the mojo?

Even though part of the reason why I went for adac/amp solution is because I don't want to control a second device, but it'll be a nice option to have if I want to be away from my phone.

I'm sure it's all covered in post 3, but the simplest way is to make use of the digital adapter provided with the X3ii. You will need a male RCA to male 3.5mm mono coax cable or adapter to connect this cable to the Mojo.

Post 3 heading - Connecting Mojo to devices via 3.5mm coaxial

Feb 17, 2016 at 5:57 AM Post #11,500 of 42,765

Maybe consider this. I haven't tried it.

Short X3ii/X5ii/X7 to Mojo coaxial cable

Feb 17, 2016 at 7:31 AM Post #11,501 of 42,765
  Very true that is another alternative, it's whatever will work for@Skeptikern and others who have not been able to connect their NAS drive to UAPP

Success
smily_headphones1.gif

BTW you can see how pink the button is on my mojo when playing DSD !

Feb 17, 2016 at 9:35 AM Post #11,502 of 42,765
I was having some battery issues with my Mojo.

Over the last two/three months I've been using the same Samsung charger that came with my S6 Edge and haven't had issues in the past.

The battery life seems to have dropped quite drastically, the last cycle didn't seem to last more than 2 hours. I've been charging the Mojo for 12 hours straight now (with the device turned off), but the white LED is still on (steady glow) and the unit is still warmish. When I unplug the Mojo and turn it on the green LED indicator appears under the charging port. The battery has never been drained completely, except for yesterday when the red LED kept flashing after 2 hours of usage. 

The charger and the cable seems to work just fine, my AK100 and phone charge just fine using them.I was wondering if anyone else has experienced something similar, thought I'd check here before handing it in to be RMA'ed. 

JqROc8k.jpg

Mine also had a long battery life the first week or so and then suddenly dropped to 2 hours maximum. I sent mine in for a replacement.

Feb 17, 2016 at 10:05 AM Post #11,504 of 42,765

Success
smily_headphones1.gif

BTW you can see how pink the button is on my mojo when playing DSD !

Glad to see it, it's good to know it works. I don't always play such Hi-Res files but for demonstration purposes it does demonstrate the Mojo and UAPP as an ideal partnership

Feb 17, 2016 at 11:09 AM Post #11,505 of 42,765
Glad to see it, it's good to know it works. I don't always play such Hi-Res files but for demonstration purposes it does demonstrate the Mojo and UAPP as an ideal partnership

I too find a clearer sound with uapp vs onkyo for Android to mojo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back