Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Jan 29, 2016 at 5:15 AM Post #10,231 of 42,765
Cost effective and best thing are opposing conditions. Moon Audio has both coax and Toslink cables that would meet your needs in the $75 to $100 price range. They are 6 inch cables with straight plugs while your Fiio cable is about 4 inches with right angle plugs. Your cable was designed for an analog signal, but could work since it is a sheathed cable but not a 75 ohm coax cable.

Not sure what problem you are trying to fix, but replacing your $14 cable with something almost as short will cost a lot more. If interested, contact Moon Audio (forum sponsor) and ask them if he can put right angle connectors on the coax cable.

I'd skip any adapters entirely if I were you. I wouldn't want any signal degration on the Mojo and any components added in the chain will degrade the sound most likely. You can call cable companies and they would make one for you in custom legnths. Blue Moons, Kimbre, Audioquest, Audience are a few cable companies. Although besides blue moons are cable companies geared more towards stereo speaker setups but you never know. I'd give blue moons a call first and get a quote.

Jan 29, 2016 at 5:19 AM Post #10,232 of 42,765
  hi all, i am likely to receive the mojo in few days. i have fiio3 2nd gen and know the connections at fiio end which require the 4 pole trrs connector. what i don't know about the connections at mojo end in 2 pole connector. pls inbox as i am not able to check the forum regularly so the reply might be lost in this huge thread. thanks !

You have PM

But best read the 3rd post 

Jan 29, 2016 at 5:49 AM Post #10,233 of 42,765
The transport has arrived
dd3169674205e7fb485fb066a608cb1b.jpg

Very nice
I have the same Onkyo DP-X1 and come to think of it the same rubber bands too.
rolleyes.gif

Only difference (aside from the Fostex HP's), is I am currently using my DP-X1 as stand alone DAP

Jan 29, 2016 at 7:44 AM Post #10,236 of 42,765
I believe a requirement of using the camera kit Apple chip inside your product is complete design disclosure to Apple engineering hardware software the lot. We might be a bit mad but we're not totally crazy. If we had not much technology to hide. Say if we were just using a industry Dac chip we wouldn't have a problem in doing this, but for us today it's a very different story. This is why we will soon offer a plug in module that swallows the official Apple Camera adaptor leaving just the Lightning tale to plug into the I phone.

Sorry to Necro this quote. I was wondering if this still be a thing? If I miss reading any updates since this was stated I apologize it's hard ready all 650+ pages

Jan 29, 2016 at 8:54 AM Post #10,237 of 42,765
Is amazing how this little wonder sound.

Very detailed, clear and complete sound, is much better than I've listen before. 

I need some help. I'm using it with my galaxy S5 and UAPP and some time can hear a "click" how can fix that?

Thanks

Jan 29, 2016 at 9:14 AM Post #10,238 of 42,765

Very detailed, clear and complete sound, is much better than I've listen before. 

I need some help. I'm using it with my galaxy S5 and UAPP and some time can hear a "click" how can fix that?

Thanks

Try going to settings and tick "Force 1 Packet per transfer". On my Z1, the Mojo will click and pop without it on, worth a try.

Jan 29, 2016 at 10:01 AM Post #10,240 of 42,765
  This will have something to do with the settings (confession I do not use Onkyo HF Player so not certain of the setup)

Some apps have up and down sampling, which it appears your app may be set to do. These need to be removed in the settings, also regarding DSD (hopefully an Onkyo user can help here!) I believe in the setting this will need to be setup so that DSD is set for DOP.

I personally use UAPP so the settings are all different to Onkyo

Thanks that did the trick!

Jan 29, 2016 at 10:10 AM Post #10,241 of 42,765

Thanks

Also have a look at the UAPP thread for further tips and tricks

Thanks that did the trick!

NP's 
L3000.gif

Jan 29, 2016 at 11:16 AM Post #10,244 of 42,765
If anyone is looking for good cables I found some on Amazon Japan. (Tenso shipped these in 3 days via ems)

1. Micro USB B to Micro USB B OTG cable (SU2-MCH10MR). $6
http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B00L8X1CAU/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

2. Mono 2 pole 3.5mm to RCA male coaxial cable. $20
http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B010LAZKWQ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

That iBasso cable is great because it connects to the coaxial cable that is included with the Fiio X5.

All cables have been tested with the Mojo.

EDIT: Just found a nice 10cm optical cable 

http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B00MGHQO4G/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=AN1VRQENFRJN5

Jan 29, 2016 at 11:28 AM Post #10,245 of 42,765

Google is your friend....http://www.engtaobao.com look around there may be more

Well its not easy or not available to find use the eng site.  However, if you go to the original link http://world.taobao.com/item/44240667193.htm?fromSite=main&pid=mm_1100641_2323434_884563&unid=d97fb4211ff8ec68196beb0c1e446df9 you'll notice if you google translate that the top right corner 2nd link is for language.  SO if you choose not to google translate and select this tab, you can click english as your language.  It doesn't seem to be much better than google translate though -- or it might even just be google translate.

Neil

Users who are viewing this thread

Back