Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Mar 15, 2016 at 7:38 AM Post #13,352 of 42,765
have it set as default playback device,and everything plays through mojo, foobar otoh needs configuration

i think in default device mode, windows volume is not bypassed and also the sample rate is changed as per the shared mode setting. so using chord asio driver in foobar or in j river completely bypasses all windows processes and a bit perfect output is sent to mojo. foobar setting is a bit tricky specially if someone want to stream dsd files to mojo . fist of all install mojo driver, this installs the mojo as device as well required asio driver of chord and many other required processes and its very straight forward. install foobar and add asio component for foobar. now in preference-output tab of foobar select chord asio driver and play the files and you will find that windows volume control is bypassed however foobar volume control will be active which should be set to 100%. using j river is also same and j river does not require adding of asio component. i found foobar to be better than j river once it is set. for dsd in foobar download sacd plugin from Sourceforge.net (foobar component for dsd won't read sacd iso) now install the plugin downloaded from sourceforge. then select output as foobar asio and then double click on foobar asio and select chord driver, after that go to sacd tab of preference and select the output mode as dsd, it will ensure that dsd is outputted as dop.

Mar 15, 2016 at 8:38 AM Post #13,354 of 42,765
@ x RELIC x, SearchOfSub, and vapman, I read your earlier exchange, about windows drivers, with interest, but I am not sure if there is any clear conclusion to draw from it, that would be viable to add to post #3, for other Mojo users.

So, I'm in a holding pattern, on that, and not ignoring any of you
popcorn.gif

Mar 15, 2016 at 8:39 AM Post #13,355 of 42,765
Mar 15, 2016 at 8:40 AM Post #13,356 of 42,765
The only problem I'm facing with my Mojo purchase is... I haven't told my family its coming despite foolishly showing them all Mojo pictures 2 weeks ago after the audition. So they know exactly what it looks like, how I've explained I cannot afford it and exactly how much it costs in Australian prices. So this unobtainable item is going to magically show up around the house and some explaining required.

At the moment, they think the package coming is a $200 IEM.

Of course, I will hide Mojo long as possible.

Mar 15, 2016 at 8:42 AM Post #13,357 of 42,765
The only problem I'm facing with my Mojo purchase is... I haven't told my family its coming despite foolishly showing them all Mojo pictures 2 weeks ago after the audition. So they know exactly what it looks like, how I've explained I cannot afford it and exactly how much it costs in Australian prices. So this unobtainable item is going to magically show up around the house and some explaining required.

You may get away with it given the size of the package. :veryevil:

Mar 15, 2016 at 8:49 AM Post #13,360 of 42,765

Might fit in a walkman case :wink:

Mar 15, 2016 at 8:50 AM Post #13,361 of 42,765
Should be alright camouflaged under a DAP or phone. 

"Oh this? Yeah, this is the cheap knock of version. Yup sounds alright"

Should have never showed them. 
redface.gif

Mar 15, 2016 at 8:57 AM Post #13,362 of 42,765
I have had the Mojo for about a month now and am just loving it to bits. It really makes a big difference to the sound of just about anything I own. From my AK100 to my iphone, from crappy IEMs to full sized headphones. Amazing little thing!

I have one little "issue" though: I travel a lot and have to keep my Mojo and my headphones in my flight bag most of the day. I have had a couple of incidents where the Mojo battery is completely drained when I finally get to enjoy it after the working day. I quickly found out that the unit itself is OK, but it is accidently switched on when carried around in my bag. Those big round balls (ahem) easily get depressed lying against the sidewalls of my bag.
I could of course put it in the paper box it came with, but it´s a little big and impractical. Wouldn´t it be great if there would be some kind of slick formfit plastic case for it? Or maybe a way to electronically lock it to prevent it from accidently switching on (like for example most modern travel shavers have).
Anybody else experienced this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back