Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Mar 5, 2016 at 4:01 PM Post #12,455 of 42,788
I believe it was also the first fully digital CD release. I remember it being released on CD before it was available on vinyl...

Mar 5, 2016 at 4:04 PM Post #12,457 of 42,788
jump into the bandwagon....charging mojo now.. by the way just wanna ask which music app is the best pair with mojo on iphone 6?

thanks.

For my money buy Onkyo HF Player. For $10 you can play almost any file format and bit rate up to DSD. Also, it has a very easy to use user interface and transferring files from your computer to your iDevice is simple. Finally, Onkyo is specifically mentioned in the Mojo manual so Mt. Watts and company probably used it in their development of the Mojo.

Mar 5, 2016 at 4:05 PM Post #12,458 of 42,788
  I believe it was also the first fully digital CD release. I remember it being released on CD before it was available on vinyl...

I think it might have come after Prince's Purple Rain, but my memory on that is hazy.

Much as like Brothers In Arms, I always disliked the extremely artificial-sounding treble.

Perhaps it sounds more natural via Mojo, but I doubt Mojo can make a silk purse out of it.

Mar 5, 2016 at 4:06 PM Post #12,459 of 42,788
Isn't it strange how the oldies are still the go to for lots of headfiers - that was the album I listened to when I bought my Rega Planar 2 Turntable back in 1984
I still have the turntable too

For sure. I was listening to the remastered version, just stunning sq in the recording compared to the compressed crap put out today (like Adele)

Mar 5, 2016 at 4:06 PM Post #12,460 of 42,788
That was and still is one of my favorite albums ever, music is incredible. I'm getting close to pulling the trigger on a Mojo. I'm up in the air, either Fiio X7 first or Mojo. I'm definitely getting both, that much I know. Just don't know which I'd enjoy more by itself. I'm leaning towards the X7 because I love electronics, and that would be more fun to look and play with.

Anyway, I haven't read, but anyone here try the MOJO with Tralucent Ref 1 too?

Mython-I just wanted to say thank you. You put together an excellent thread, and the effort you go through is amazing. It's better than a majority of threads out there, loads of great information, and organized. Amazing job my friend. Better than a lot of threads managed by their respective manufacturers. Cheers bro!

Mar 5, 2016 at 4:07 PM Post #12,461 of 42,788
Do you guys think the Mojo ***line*** will have a yearly release? (defiently no need to, as this 1st Gen mojo is to me pretty much perfect), or is audio equipment in general not a yearly released like smartphones for example?

No.

If you watch John Franks' interview, he discusses that.

Mar 5, 2016 at 4:08 PM Post #12,462 of 42,788
That was and still is one of my favorite albums ever, music is incredible. I'm getting close to pulling the trigger on a Mojo. I'm up in the air, either Fiio X7 first or Mojo. I'm definitely getting both, that much I know. Just don't know which I'd enjoy more by itself. I'm leaning towards the X7 because I love electronics, and that would be more fun to look and play with.

Anyway, I haven't read, but anyone here try the MOJO with Tralucent Ref 1 too?

Mython-I just wanted to say thank you. You put together an excellent thread, and the effort you go through is amazing. It's better than a majority of threads out there, loads of great information, and organized. Amazing job my friend. Better than a lot of threads managed by their respective manufacturers. Cheers bro!

Mojo sounds better than the x7 imo, and is more versatile in what it can power stock. That being said, I love my X7 on the go with iems....

Mar 5, 2016 at 4:14 PM Post #12,463 of 42,788
Thanks bro. I know it's highly subjective, but that seems to be the consensus. I plan on rooting and installing V4A, which is a basshead must, so my X7 experience will be exponentially different. I wouldn't even purchase the X7 at this point if I couldn't root.

By basshead, that doesn't not mean I don't appreciate, or even love mids and treble. Common misconception. I just love bass, especially sub bass, but I don't tolerate it bleeding into mids, or overpowering vocals and treble.

Anyway, I don't have anything I own that's very difficult to drive. Sony Xb90ex would be the most difficult thing to drive. Mostly IEMS and Fostex Th900. That being said, I need an amp. Need that extra juice for the bass and my man Hawaiibadboy loves his Mojo, so I'm on board. Of course, just a little problem, money!! Hoping in a month I can have all my toys.

Mar 5, 2016 at 4:18 PM Post #12,464 of 42,788
Thanks bro. I know it's highly subjective, but that seems to be the consensus. I plan on rooting and installing V4A, which is a basshead must, so my X7 experience will be exponentially different. I wouldn't even purchase the X7 at this point if I couldn't root.

By basshead, that doesn't not mean I don't appreciate, or even love mids and treble. Common misconception. I just love bass, especially sub bass, but I don't tolerate it bleeding into mids, or overpowering vocals and treble.

Anyway, I don't have anything I own that's very difficult to drive. Sony Xb90ex would be the most difficult thing to drive. Mostly IEMS and Fostex Th900. That being said, I need an amp. Need that extra juice for the bass and my man Hawaiibadboy loves his Mojo, so I'm on board. Of course, just a little problem, money!! Hoping in a month I can have all my toys.

What do you think about se846

Users who are viewing this thread

Back