Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Oct 14, 2015 at 2:07 PM Post #106 of 42,765
good to hear Mython. play-on
dt880smile.png

Oct 14, 2015 at 2:18 PM Post #107 of 42,765
What I can say with absolute authority is that the noise floor is infinitely better than that of the Hugo with the Layla's (interestingly it made me realise that the QP1R has a smidge of background hiss!!)...

Sound impressions will come flooding in soon I'm sure
smily_headphones1.gif

That's good to know, I trust your ears. We were one of the few people complaining about HUGO hissing out of multi-BA iems. 

Oct 14, 2015 at 2:27 PM Post #108 of 42,765
  Ok.

Just had a quick listen to the Mojo. Wow! How the hell did they do it for £399? Remember the Hugo is £1400 here in the UK.

The mojo sounds just as good. I quickly played them side by side and I couldn’t really tell them apart. I’m going to do more listening when it completes charging.

To whoever is thinking about buying the Hugo for portable use. I’ll say you would be mad not to listen to the mojo first. Not sure if Chord have shot themselves in the foot with the mojo. Can’t really see the price of the Hugo staying the same, especially in the used market. These could have sold in bucket loads for £599 let alone £399. Does this mean the Hugo was overpriced in the first place? 

With Roxanne

Hugo with EL8 closed

Oppo Ha2 with Pm3

Awsome pictures, thanks for sharing. I just purchased two Mojos, just now, can't wait to hear it.

Oct 14, 2015 at 2:38 PM Post #110 of 42,765
Can some one stack this with a Sony A10 series Walkman for size comparison?

Oct 14, 2015 at 2:41 PM Post #111 of 42,765

Can You confirm that Mojo works with streaming apps, especially Tidal, on Your S5?

Sadly it does not work with my S5 (lollipop). Not sure if it's the S5 or the mojo.

It worked with my old Sony Z1 and my Hugo.

Oct 14, 2015 at 2:46 PM Post #112 of 42,765
The liquid midrange that MoJo offers is interesting, makes vocals much more intimate than with the Hugo, I have to say with one hour on the clock (versus countless hundreds on the Hugo) I actually prefer the baby brother...

New toy hype maybe? However this is a much more intimate sound, listening to Katie Nicholas' "technical glitch" the soundscape is warmer, and I could argue more precise, the strumming of the guitar on the right channel is so pinpoint accurate...

I can see this being a big winner for those that find the Hugo cold...

This is with Layla's so obviously YMMV with full sized cans.

Oct 14, 2015 at 2:57 PM Post #116 of 42,765
Hmm, I will check out the free trial period...

Oct 14, 2015 at 3:05 PM Post #118 of 42,765
I am in need of a dac for my desktop computer. A couple of days ago I ordered the Arcam irDAC. Now I read about this Chord Mojo. Should I cancel my order for the irDAC and go for the Mojo instead? Price is about the same. Opinions please.

Oct 14, 2015 at 3:10 PM Post #119 of 42,765
Something weird, optical is supposed to cap out at 24/192, so why is this working...

Sorry for crappy image, is DSD over optical...

Oct 14, 2015 at 3:10 PM Post #120 of 42,765
Portables are maybe the one area where my rule SQ trumps everything doesn't apply. Ergonomics are really important if you carrying it around on your person. The HA2 is great for that. Strapping this thing to a phone, nah, can't see it.

Reports that it sounds better than the Hugo have me as a Hugo owner who stumped up tithe cash fuming a little, or is that just me? Chords pricing seems weird TT is twice the price of Hugo this less than half price and sound quality reportedly all seems very close to each other.

Interesting times for sure

Users who are viewing this thread

Back