Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Nov 21, 2022 at 12:14 AM Post #42,541 of 42,782
Really thank you man, I ask you this because my music library is stored on my phone and I have my phone connected wirelessly to my watch, this way it's very convinient for me to switch song directly from my smartwatch. I can manage music library from my phone and quick control playback from my watch. I don't think i would really need a dedicated DAP, I owned my Mojo for 2 years now and really want a wireless way to use it but can't afford a Poly.

Do you think my set up like this would work with the Hiby R3 being a Bluetooth Receiver for the Mojo as a DAC? with the music being stream from my phone. I really thank you a lot.
I wrote them a letter on Saturday, they provided me with a new firmware - v1.9, which is for 2022 model ONLY, it doesn't have this issue. It works much faster with Tidal, I don't even have to wait until pictures will load up and songs start very fast.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1lDMmv_AEhT0dHMjT0T6Ep_xN-uAlA9DL

About bluetooth - better use Bubble UPnP because bluetooth can only transmit lossy as far as I know, not enough bandwidth

Nov 28, 2022 at 5:46 PM Post #42,542 of 42,782
Hello,

I use my Chord Mojo mostly with my desktop computer, and it works great. I have been struggling with this hissing noise.
Could anybody that has find a solution to this, to tell me when i can buy to remove the hissing noise?

I would be really thankfull for this help! I have tried the information in the FAQ before, but it didnt help.

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2022 at 5:51 PM Post #42,543 of 42,782
There are some factors to consider... Usually, hissing is due to your headphones/IEMs being too sensitive, what headphones do you use?

Nov 28, 2022 at 5:54 PM Post #42,544 of 42,782
Hello,

I use my Chord Mojo mostly with my desktop computer, and it works great. I have been struggling with this hissing noise.
Could anybody that has find a solution to this, to tell me when i can buy to remove the hissing noise?

I would be really thankfull for this help! I have tried the information in the FAQ before, but it didnt help.
I guess it's coming from usb? If yes, then try looking for feedback on iFi devices - iSilencer, iDefender, iGalvanic.
Try other power supplies, try other ports, try a different PC, a different PC PSU.

Nov 28, 2022 at 6:20 PM Post #42,545 of 42,782
I guess it's coming from usb? If yes, then try looking for feedback on iFi devices - iSilencer, iDefender, iGalvanic.
Try other power supplies, try other ports, try a different PC, a different PC PSU.
Yes, its coming from the usb charing port.
I use the Audioquest Jitterbug, Does not help.

Thanks i will check out your advice

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2022 at 6:40 PM Post #42,546 of 42,782
Yes, its coming from the usb charing port.
I use the Audioquest Jitterbug, Does not help.

Thanks i will check out your advice
Jitterbug is about digital stream quality, about bytes and packets or whatever of data. iFi devices are about taking care of electircal noises and stuff like that.
You might have a simple ground loop. Try charging your Mojo with a charger while being connected to the PC with the usb data port.

Nov 28, 2022 at 6:48 PM Post #42,547 of 42,782
Hello,

What hissing noise?
- on silent parts?
- is the noise there regardless of Mojo's volume control setting?
- is the noise there when charging port is not used, I.e. on battery power?
- are you connecting your PC or player using USB?
- can you try Toslink or possibly a phone with USB instead, to see if you still have the noise?
These questions and your answers help narrow it down.
Don't buy any gadgets just yet.

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2022 at 1:50 AM Post #42,548 of 42,782
What hissing noise?
- on silent parts?
- is the noise there regardless of Mojo's volume control setting?
- is the noise there when charging port is not used, I.e. on battery power?
- are you connecting your PC or player using USB?
- can you try Toslink or possibly a phone with USB instead, to see if you still have the noise?
These questions and your answers help narrow it down.
Don't buy any gadgets just yet.

There is only hissing noise when the charging port is in use and battery is fully charge. In the second i take out the cabel the noise is away.
I have one cabel connected from computer to the data input and one cabel connected via an usb hub for charging only. I use Jenving Supra USB to Micro USB cabels.

The hissig noise is still there if i connect via my phone also. So is narrowed down to charging port. I feel i have tried everything i can think of

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2022 at 2:26 AM Post #42,549 of 42,782
There is only hissing noise when the charging port is in use and battery is fully charge. In the second i take out the cabel the noise is away.
I have one cabel connected from computer to the data input and one cabel connected via an usb hub for charging only. I use Jenving Supra USB to Micro USB cabels.

The hissig noise is still there if i connect via my phone also. So is narrowed down to charging port. I feel i have tried everything i can think of
I remember that noise...
From my understanding this comes from the charging circuit when the battery approaches 100% charge state and the circuit switches from constant current to constant voltage operation. If I remember correctly the noise goes away after some time when the battery is fully charged.

You are using the Mojo on the desktop?
If you are using it for less than the battery lifetime (i.e. up to maybe 6 hours) a day I would suggest to buy a cheap timed power outlet switch and set it to charge the Mojo for 6h overnight.

This has 2 advantages, it solves the charging noise issue and at the same time it will be better for the battery lifetime, because keeping a LiIon battery fully charged all the time can lead to very fast deterioration. (LiIon batteries ideally are used between 20...80% and stored at 30% charge state)

Nov 29, 2022 at 6:00 AM Post #42,550 of 42,782

Perhaps if you asked your question with more detail, someone like @surfgeorge would have helped you sooner!
Traditionally, a Hissing is a background noise through the speakers or headphones. That is not what you are getting is it??
You hear a fizzing noise that comes from the actual metal box! if you call it Hissing, you confuse people into thinking you have noise on the output, hence why someone correctly hinted at a sensitive IEM, and someone else was guessing ground-loop noise.
The fizzing sound is coming from the charging circuit inside the Mojo, as @surfgeorge has correctly pointed to.
The level of the fizzing sound depends on the quality of the wall charger you are using, some wall chargers cause a lot less noise.
If you want to get rid of it, either use it on battery mode, or buy a hefty PowerBank, and use that to charge your mojo in desktop mode.
You can charge the powerbank overnight, when not in use.

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2022 at 3:30 PM Post #42,551 of 42,782

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/chord-mojo-making-noise-when-almost-fully-charged.858422/

Nov 30, 2022 at 3:50 AM Post #42,553 of 42,782
Has anyone used a Hiby R3 Pro Saber for Poly alternative?
I use it. But only get 2022 version which has 1.9firmware, others are buggy. Budlbbleupnp works fine. Tidal is currently not working on any of R3 if used directly.

Dec 3, 2022 at 5:12 AM Post #42,555 of 42,782
I remember that noise...
From my understanding this comes from the charging circuit when the battery approaches 100% charge state and the circuit switches from constant current to constant voltage operation. If I remember correctly the noise goes away after some time when the battery is fully charged.

You are using the Mojo on the desktop?
If you are using it for less than the battery lifetime (i.e. up to maybe 6 hours) a day I would suggest to buy a cheap timed power outlet switch and set it to charge the Mojo for 6h overnight.

This has 2 advantages, it solves the charging noise issue and at the same time it will be better for the battery lifetime, because keeping a LiIon battery fully charged all the time can lead to very fast deterioration. (LiIon batteries ideally are used between 20...80% and stored at 30% charge state)
Thank you for the idea, i will try to this out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back