Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Nov 6, 2015 at 4:26 PM Post #4,201 of 42,765
I could use bubbleupnp to stream Google Music to UAPP and even though that also supported Tidal it never showed in UAPP. So pleased its now been added, just updated and will now give it a try with my Mojo/Note 4.

Nov 6, 2015 at 4:35 PM Post #4,202 of 42,765
Do use 75ohm coaxial cable which I understand is the preferred standard as it's shielded with an outer braid to cut down interference in digital transmission.

After making my own up with coax I would not use it again if I were to make a X3ii to Mojo cable.

I would use Shielded Twisted Pair (STP) cable as there is little difference between the two cable types if you are only talking about interference.

At the fiio trrs end, connect the signal wire and ground twisted pairs up to the ring and sleeve, and cut back the shield so that it does not touch the crimping sleeve.

At the mono (mojo) end connect the signal wire to the tip, and then connect BOTH the ground wire and shield to the sleeve of the mono plug.

The shield is still grounded and provides the protection from interference, and it makes the job of wiring the trrs connector so much easier as you do not have to do anything special with the cable shielding to get it to not (as is normal) touch the sleeve of the trrs connector.

Nov 6, 2015 at 4:45 PM Post #4,203 of 42,765
USB Audio Player Pro.......awesome app ! 

I not only now have the perfect mobile setup but now works great as my main docked home system streaming HiFi Tidal.

Note 4/Mojo/SE846's/UAAP/Dock/Tidal 

Note 4 & Mojo being powered while in the Dock with dock acting as OTG to Mojo

Nov 6, 2015 at 5:12 PM Post #4,204 of 42,765
UAPP has several options for addressing problems in playback, the dev is responsive too and you can create logs of app activity to send to them - they have updated the app several times with specific fixes for particular DACs. Hiby Music is the other one with its own USB audio drivers, it's free and might be worth trying too (with my P8max none of UAPPs troubleshooting options work with the Geek Out V2, but Hiby works - the P8Max seems to be more problematic with USB audio than other devices I've tried before).

Been an interesting couple of hours, UAPP vs Onkyo HF vs Hiby........and the clear winner to my ears is...........Hiby .

More detail, better separation, highs sound sweet, bass weightier.

I could be wrong but I now suspect Onkyo HF is adding something or employing some kind of equalization.

UAPP sounds rather flat.

Nov 6, 2015 at 5:18 PM Post #4,205 of 42,765
Also did that test and couldn't notice any difference. If the app is doing its job/setup correctly it should'nt be altering the file in anyway and just forwarding it to the Mojo to handle.

Just listening to a 256DSD now with Note4/UAPP/Mojo and sounds identical to output from a PC/Mojo with JRIVER when that's been set correctly for DSD playback.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Nov 6, 2015 at 5:30 PM Post #4,207 of 42,765

No that's not correct. You need to ensure you have the Mojo driver selected and set option Bitstreaming: DSD for it to feed DSD direct to the Mojo otherwise it will down-sample to max of 768kHz (assuming you have set options correct here too).

JRMC21 definitely plays 64DSD correctly showing white on the Mojo but I recently got a 256DSD and JRiver down-samples that for some reason even though Mojo itself will play 256DSD (as proved out of mu Note4 with UAPP. Still looking into this).

Nov 6, 2015 at 5:37 PM Post #4,208 of 42,765

Did you control the settings of the "DSP & output format"  of J River ?

May be these settings resample to 384 kHz ?

Nov 6, 2015 at 5:39 PM Post #4,209 of 42,765
As I posted above, unfortunately that cable no longer works. The iOS 9.1 update eliminated it.

Damm!! Got an email today saying it works with ios 9.1 and it's now available. 

So it doesn't work with ios 9.1?

Nov 6, 2015 at 5:44 PM Post #4,211 of 42,765
Did you get sorted? Bitstreaming needs setting to DSD and all frequency settings set to none apart from onea over 768kHz which set to downs ample to 768.

I think the 256DSD wouldn't play because over 768kHz but setting that to 4 DSD in other option and disabling Bitstreaming got that playing better than down sampling with Mojo showing g white.

Nov 6, 2015 at 5:46 PM Post #4,212 of 42,765
No

Nov 6, 2015 at 5:56 PM Post #4,213 of 42,765
Tital works flawlessly with UAPP through my S5 and Mojo. Best of all, zero interference from the phone being transmitted to the Mojo - even when they're right next to each other. They just need to get that offline mode sorted, and I'm sure they will.

Nov 6, 2015 at 6:05 PM Post #4,214 of 42,765
If I listened to a pair of Beats Solo for 100 hours I'd imagine my brain would burn into the sound....Just because my impressions are not glowing and I'm just in complete amazement doesn't mean it's bad. It's just not really an upgrade from my other gear.

Exactly. That's why you think Dragonfly is as good as Mojo. You're used to its sound signature and can't feel the difference in quality. You should listen to Mojo exclusively for many hours (at least 50 hours) than go back to Dragonfly, then you'll hear the difference.

Nov 6, 2015 at 6:42 PM Post #4,215 of 42,765

time for a commercial break, the new JL Chrismas advert... tissues required as per...
wink_face.gif

btw... they made £18mill in penguin sales last xmas... not a bad profit for a £6mill ad. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back