Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
May 11, 2020 at 3:48 PM Post #40,216 of 42,765
Just got Supra Micro USB cables to my Mojo at my gaming computer!

9C228563-C86C-4B53-9000-BB7011D4B709.jpeg

Last edited:
May 11, 2020 at 3:59 PM Post #40,217 of 42,765
Anyone use the Mojo with full-sized cans? Does it have enough juice? Looking to get back into the headphone game...

May 11, 2020 at 5:28 PM Post #40,218 of 42,765
Any dynamic can up to 300 Ohms (and some more efficient planars) should be fine.

It doesn’t quite have enough juice to drive my two current favourites (HE-500 and DT-880/600), though. It matches the HD600 and DT-150 well, and was made for the DT-250/250...

C58BADB6-5A45-478A-A47A-D504E36E8D73.jpeg

May 12, 2020 at 6:07 PM Post #40,221 of 42,765
Can anyone help me out? Picked up a mojo last week and using usb c to mobile, both qobuz and Tidal changed frequency colour indicator depending on what was being fed. Had an experiment with usb audio pro app (which I subsequently uninstalled because it stops all sound through usb c from Netflix etc) and since then, no matter what I play, the mojo indicator light is green. Now, do I trust that what tidal and qobuz tell me they are playing I am hearing ie; 44khz, 96khz, 192khz and ignore the colour on the mojo or is the phone doing something which means only a 96khz digital feed is going to the mojo? Funnily enough, if I connect the mojo to Chromecast audio via optical and stream from either of those apps then the sample frequency indicators do change colour.

May 12, 2020 at 6:23 PM Post #40,222 of 42,765
Is it possible for the Mojo to get ground loop noise, if it's connected through USB with no charger on the Mojo side? I would think not, because the Mojo operates on battery. But I would like to know for sure.

I've been using this ground loop isolator for a while now: https://hifimediy.com/product/hifime-high-speed-usb-isolator/

But the Mojo has a smoother upper end, better dynamic range and bass extension when the isolator is not connected. This is telling me the quality of the Mojo's battery is higher than the battery of the isolator.

Would this be correct?

May 13, 2020 at 3:17 PM Post #40,224 of 42,765
Can anyone help me out? Picked up a mojo last week and using usb c to mobile, both qobuz and Tidal changed frequency colour indicator depending on what was being fed. Had an experiment with usb audio pro app (which I subsequently uninstalled because it stops all sound through usb c from Netflix etc) and since then, no matter what I play, the mojo indicator light is green. Now, do I trust that what tidal and qobuz tell me they are playing I am hearing ie; 44khz, 96khz, 192khz and ignore the colour on the mojo or is the phone doing something which means only a 96khz digital feed is going to the mojo? Funnily enough, if I connect the mojo to Chromecast audio via optical and stream from either of those apps then the sample frequency indicators do change colour.
There is a lot of interesting info for new owners in the FAQ in post #3.
The default behaviour of Android devices is to automatically upsample ALL music files to 24/192.
The default behaviour of iOS devices is to automatically sample ALL music files to 16/48.
These behaviours persuade owners to use apps like UAPP, which will output the correct music feed. However one downside of UAPP is that it will grab 'exclusive mode' use of your device, which is why you had the problem with netflix.
The solution is to always fully switch UAPP off, before you try using another music source. If you still have more problems, then check the 'exclusive mode' settings on your device.
When you know how to find the menu, it should only take a few seconds to adjust.

May 13, 2020 at 5:48 PM Post #40,225 of 42,765
There is a lot of interesting info for new owners in the FAQ in post #3.
The default behaviour of Android devices is to automatically upsample ALL music files to 24/192.
The default behaviour of iOS devices is to automatically sample ALL music files to 16/48.
These behaviours persuade owners to use apps like UAPP, which will output the correct music feed. However one downside of UAPP is that it will grab 'exclusive mode' use of your device, which is why you had the problem with netflix.
The solution is to always fully switch UAPP off, before you try using another music source. If you still have more problems, then check the 'exclusive mode' settings on your device.
When you know how to find the menu, it should only take a few seconds to adjust.
Thank you.

Any idea about the sample frequency indicators?

May 13, 2020 at 11:45 PM Post #40,226 of 42,765

This is not correct. Hopefully this isn't in the post #3 you always refer to.

It's very easy for anyone to verify incoming sample rates with Rob's DACs, with sample rate indicator.

Tidal iOS app (and Roon and Qobuz and mConnect and others) will all play at their correct sample rates via lighting output.

Last edited:
May 14, 2020 at 4:51 AM Post #40,227 of 42,765
This is not correct. Hopefully this isn't in the post #3 you always refer to.

It's very easy for anyone to verify incoming sample rates with Rob's DACs, with sample rate indicator.

Tidal iOS app (and Roon and Qobuz and mConnect and others) will all play at their correct sample rates via lighting output.
see above.
This is one of the problems I've got. My mojo is showing one thing but tidal and qobuz are telling me something different.

May 15, 2020 at 10:48 PM Post #40,230 of 42,765
Has anyone used the Line out (3V) setting for the Mojo to connect it to a speaker amplifier for their home/desktop system?

I am curious if there is any double amping issues that are present with using the amp in the Mojo then fed to another speaker amp. Does the superior DAC in the Mojo offset the deficiencies in your opinion?

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back