Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Apr 9, 2018 at 7:23 PM Post #35,881 of 42,773
Added important update on my own CCK 2.0 .

Bedtime here in Italy so I ask to you (one of you) to poke @DavidW as we still do not have a clue of his very CCK version, FW and HW. Please and thanks :)

MOJO works:

@zettelsm iPhone X, iOS 11.3, Apple CCK 3.0 (FW 1.05, HW 1.00), Roon
@daberti iPhone 6 Plus, iOS: 11.3, CCK 3.0 FW 1.05
@daberti iPhone 6 Plus, iOS: 11.3, CCK 2.0 (firmware version 1.0.0, hardware version 1.0.0, model number A1440) (it needed a respring to be brought back to reasoning)
@Adu iPhone 6S (Model A1633) with Onkyo HF Player, iOS 11.3, CCK 2.0 (firmware version 1.0.0, hardware version 1.0.0, model number A1440)
@lwells iPhone 6 (CCK 3.0), iOS 11.3
@turkayguner iPad mini 4, OS 11.3 => CCK 2.0 (firmware version 1.0.0, hardware version 1.0.0, model number A1440
@ZappaMan iPhone 7, iOS 11.3, CCK 2.0 (firmware version 1.0.0, hardware version 1.0.0)

MOJO not recognized:

@DavidW iPhone 6 S, iOS 11.3 (CCK type and firmware lacking: please provide them mate)
@lwells iPhone 6 (CCK 2.0), iOS 11.3=> "Mojo NOT recognized. Perhaps it just failed at a conveniently confusing time. Cable looks fine."

Please, everyone adding his/her combo results, please mention CCK's own -whichever version, 3.0 or 2.0- FW and HW version.

Apparently Apple has broken legacy support (i.e. towards CCK 2.0, which is NOT OTF upgradable). For what I see it's kinda random like pattern, up to now possibly hitting some but not all of the iPhone 6 and 6 S devices.

Up to now no failure in that sense has been detected with CCK 3.0.

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2018 at 8:40 PM Post #35,882 of 42,773
Can you advice me sone stable desktop dac with the Mojo sound signature?

Max 1000 dollars range.

Or I should buy another Mojo?

I am tired to switch from headphone to main rig

Apr 10, 2018 at 4:31 AM Post #35,884 of 42,773
I am waiting for my mojo. It should arrive today :)
I wasn’t thinking of updating to the latest ios 11.3 but my iphone did this automatically :frowning2:
I tried connecting my hrt microstreamer (usb dac) to my iphone using my cck cable and it is still working fine.
Does this mean that I will have no problems with the mojo?

Apr 10, 2018 at 5:35 AM Post #35,885 of 42,773
Maybe not. As far as my results, it could be a damaged CCK cable. My experience is that the CCK cables are not durable (although Apple does have a one year warranty and I've used my three CCK cables over the last two years- and I do treat the cable and the Mojo with care), so that could have been the case for me.

Apr 10, 2018 at 6:57 AM Post #35,887 of 42,773
I am waiting for my mojo. It should arrive today :)
I wasn’t thinking of updating to the latest ios 11.3 but my iphone did this automatically :frowning2:
I tried connecting my hrt microstreamer (usb dac) to my iphone using my cck cable and it is still working fine.
Does this mean that I will have no problems with the mojo?

Maybe ya will not have. Which CCK do you have?

Apr 10, 2018 at 7:24 AM Post #35,890 of 42,773
Can you advice me sone stable desktop dac with the Mojo sound signature?

Max 1000 dollars range.

Or I should buy another Mojo?

I am tired to switch from headphone to main rig

Within one grand you will probably find some other fine desktop DACs with same sound signature, but quite NOT with same overall performances/measurements.
Mojo's sound sign. is the result of a knowledgeable setup by Rob Watts, and if you like that signature my thought is DTTTW "Don't touch the team that wins" and buy another one.
Also, will you be using BA IEMs with that stable Desk. DAC? If you don't check in advance DAC's output impedance, you'll be going to experience NASTY surprises.
Same holds true with some other very low DD IEMs, but to a much lesser extent.
And bear in mind that OI varies with frequency (and yes, also on headphones side).

If you want some more features and you can stretch your budget go for a Hugo 2. Slightly more on the analytical side, though. Yet not quite a desktop amp.

I'm myself saving for a Dave and currently I'm using my Mojo as a "desktop" DAC (not chargin when playing as Mojo does NOT like that).

Apr 10, 2018 at 7:43 AM Post #35,893 of 42,773
Now it smells like the problems arise with an iPhone 6/6s and CCK USB2.

Apr 10, 2018 at 8:29 AM Post #35,894 of 42,773
CCK 2.0
Well, if you you would tell us which apple device, version, iOS version you've AND if Mojo is detected and working it possible could be better :D

Sorry, I forgot to mention that I have a iphone 6s plus 128gb. Ios 11.3 (latest).
I haven’t tried it with the mojo, as I have not received it yet. It should arrive today.
As I tested my iphone and cck cable with my hrt microstreamer usb dac and it works, I was wondering if that could be and indication that it will also work with the mojo...

Apr 10, 2018 at 8:49 AM Post #35,895 of 42,773
Glad I went for CCK 3 as more people seem to have issues with USB2 version.

Arrived today, hw 1.0.0, fw 1.0.5

Used from iPhone 6s and iPad 2017. To Mojo and Hugo 1.

No pop-ups or messages, it just works! Is there any notification when not working that people get, or just no digital signal received at Mojo end?

What does surprise me is the shallow USB sockets at Mojo and Hugo! At best half the plug inserted and a wobble on both. Is this normal? But as I say, working fine.

Made mistake with Tidal. Signed up for 4 weeks trial of 320 bitrate. Upgraded to HiFi to see if my dodgy WiFi will take CD quality, one day later. Now account says payment in 14 days. Surely point of changing is to trial both levels and not lose half of trial?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back