Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Dec 27, 2017 at 2:51 PM Post #34,952 of 42,765
My Mojo is pairing terrifically with my MrSpeakers Ether Flow. From different listenings I got the conclusion Chord family products work excellent with planar hp as Audeze, MrSpeakers, etc.
In the early days of the thread, there were many posts stating that the Mojo paired well with the Oppo PM3. I do not remember the PM3 being mentioned a lot in the past year, but that does not disprove the Mojo working well with some planar headphones.

Dec 27, 2017 at 3:15 PM Post #34,953 of 42,765
In the early days of the thread, there were many posts stating that the Mojo paired well with the Oppo PM3. I do not remember the PM3 being mentioned a lot in the past year, but that does not disprove the Mojo working well with some planar headphones.
I'm definitely enjoying my PM-3's with the Mojo. But the iDSD BL sounds even better with them especially with 3D+ and XBass+ engaged. 3D+ adds some much needed soundstage and a sense of head space to make them sound more open. The XBass+ feature adds a nice low end presence. Both are great with the PM-3's but I'm listening to them more with my iDSD BL.

Last edited:
Dec 27, 2017 at 3:37 PM Post #34,955 of 42,765
What’s actually the most common appreciation pairing with the Mojo (open hp)?

Maybe the nighthawks are not my cup of tea for shape reasons so I could evaluate other stuff.

It's the opposite of common, but my "Batman" HE-560s sound fabulous with my Mojo. No other secret sauce needed.

Dec 27, 2017 at 4:22 PM Post #34,956 of 42,765
Good. They certainly were a popular recommendation 18 months ago.

For those that like a warmer sound :)

Horses for courses but the ifi adds a bit of bite to the softer sounding PM3s so I can understand the poster above. With the Mojo being a bit rolled off, I find more exciting phones like the MrSpeakers Ether Closed my perfect match, also at a fraction of price, the Grado 325s. All personal preference though.

Dec 27, 2017 at 11:25 PM Post #34,957 of 42,765
The last few months I've been using Mojo hooked up to Shanling M1 as a bluetooth receiver to my old android phone(Gonemad Music App). I'm still blown away how good the music sounds even through bluetooth with mp3 files. I also have the idsd bl as a back up but prefer the mojo for its simplicity.

Dec 27, 2017 at 11:52 PM Post #34,958 of 42,765
My Mojo is pairing terrifically with my MrSpeakers Ether Flow. From different listenings I got the conclusion Chord family products work excellent with planar hp as Audeze, MrSpeakers, etc.

I'm not sure it works so hot with Audezes. My LCD-X definitely sounded a little less lively than with the Deckard, and I think it's because Audeze is a warmer/rolled-off brand in general so it doesn't mesh as nicely.

Dec 28, 2017 at 1:37 PM Post #34,960 of 42,765
Anyone know of aftermarket cases for the Mojo that have straps like the hugo leather case? Can't seem to find anything online.
In the early days of the thread, some of the owners were posting pictures of DIY cases, and I thought that I remembered that one case with straps - I have just searched for you, but with no success.
The mojo is relatively small and light, so most cases will be oriented to locating the mojo inside a pocket, and not on a belt.
I use this case, which can hold either my mojo or Hugo 2, plus iems, cables etc.
If you definitely need a case that attaches to your belt, then maybe you need to think laterally. Many higher education colleges will be looking for projects for their design students, and creating a bespoke case for a mojo can represent such a project. Granted it means that you wouldn't receive a case for a few months, but you would have a bespoke case, plus would have supported the education of the next generation of artisans.

Dec 29, 2017 at 3:53 AM Post #34,961 of 42,765
after successfully driving small 4 inch full range drivers in a small plastic enclosure to sufficiently high levels, I now building 5 inch single full range driver based (without whizzer cone) sealed speaker boxes from MDF boards of around 12 ltr volume . drivers were tested directly driven by mojo and sounded sufficiently loud for near field listening. the speakers are planned to be connected through a pair of fiio rc ux1 oyaide pcocc headphone extender cable using both 3.5mm output of mojo using one channel each from two 3.5mm output of mojo.

Dec 29, 2017 at 4:59 AM Post #34,962 of 42,765
Hello everyone,
finally I received my brand new Mojo from Amazon this morning (430E from Italy).
After getting the package delivered, I found out that It was not packed correctly (considering the price): just the box outside the Chord box itself without anything more inside...
Just wanted to ask: the Mojo makes a sound (like something internal was loose) when I shake it. Not sure if it's just due to the tiny balls (I know they are supposed to be loose) or something else. Is it normal or should I return it?

best

Dec 29, 2017 at 5:34 AM Post #34,963 of 42,765
Use three
Hello everyone,
finally I received my brand new Mojo from Amazon this morning (430E from Italy).
After getting the package delivered, I found out that It was not packed correctly (considering the price): just the box outside the Chord box itself without anything more inside...
Just wanted to ask: the Mojo makes a sound (like something internal was loose) when I shake it. Not sure if it's just due to the tiny balls (I know they are supposed to be loose) or something else. Is it normal or should I return it?

best
Hold three fingers on balls, then move, shake if you must, and does it still rattle?
Not sure what you mean box outside Mojo box. This would me Amazon packaging, what more are you seeking?

Main thing, do you like sound?

Dec 29, 2017 at 5:50 AM Post #34,964 of 42,765
Use three

Hold three fingers on balls, then move, shake if you must, and does it still rattle?
Not sure what you mean box outside Mojo box. This would me Amazon packaging, what more are you seeking?

Main thing, do you like sound?

Hi Andrew, thanks for the reply.

I haven't tried it yet, the little thing is still recharging. I really can't wait!
Regarding the packaging, I was just expecting some sort of paper/styrofoam inside the amazon packaging considering the price but whatever
Anyway, I will wait till the mojo is recharged to unplug and shake it carefully. I tried now (holding the three balls) and doesn't seem to make weird sounds. Probably I was a bit sleepy when I tried in the first place!

Dec 29, 2017 at 6:21 AM Post #34,965 of 42,765
Hi all,

I am still looking for a good pairing between Mojo and a right headphone.

I needed to send back the Nighthawks due to the fact that it's shape was too deep (in large way) to have comfort when I listen from the bed/pillow (90% of my time spend to listen).

I have at home a pair of HD650 but my listening experience is so weird that I don't understand. I explain: the pair is very thin to my ears and lacks dynamics but when I pair them to my desktop amp/dac I have a full dynamic response but strangely I have more fatiguing in listening and the "bottom end", very strange, it's more on the Mojo than on the desktop amp.

I am here, also, to "educate" my ears, and to understand also techically this stuff.

I am not certain if I like more the less dynamic but more musical and less sibilance sound of the Mojo or if I like more the more dynamic, punchy, larger soundstage but less musical and more fatiguing sound of the desktop amp.

If I choose to stay with the Mojo-HD650 pair I will need to spend some money in modding the HD650 (the earpads mostly) I want your opinion about this pair... I read around in this thread very different opinions, people that accuse the Mojo to don't driving properly the full body headphones and people who state that the Mojo has a plenty of power in driving that, it's just to get use to the sound.

I read also a post of Rob Watts that explained with voltage values, that Mojo can drive the HD650 very well but some people was not agree because they said that the volume is ok but the dynamics was poor.

What is your point of view about that? Modding the HD650 and stick with it and the Mojo or sell the HD650 and looking for another HP with a lower impedance value?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back