Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Jul 19, 2017 at 9:34 PM Post #33,062 of 42,765
Another Android-based DAP v.s. Mojo question.
I used FiiO X7 for Tidal, sounds decent to me. Even better with Mojo of course.

Jul 19, 2017 at 9:44 PM Post #33,063 of 42,765
You need to let it do a full charge, leave your power cable plugged in permanently from there on. If you do it this way it will stay warm and should never go hot or overheat.
Try charging the Mojo fully before using it and then leave the charging cable connected while in use. As the battery will be fully, or near fully, charged there'll be less current draw into the charging circuitry and therefore less heat being generated.

I use my Mojo like this all the time and have had no cutouts, and the Mojo itself merely gets warm to the touch.

Thanks, guys! It worked. I've been using it for hours today (trickle-charging + playback) with no problems. It still gets warm, of course. I put it up on its side in case that might help.

(See update post below.)

Use a power bank to charge, I've done that from the start with mine. Your Mojo will thank you for giving it a much cleaner 5v supply.

How so?

I don't hear a difference between charging and not charging during playback. (I tested this by unplugging/replugging it while various music was playing.)

Or perhaps you meant the longevity of the Mojo's internal battery?

Last edited:
Jul 19, 2017 at 10:27 PM Post #33,065 of 42,765
Ignoring the CCK connection and iOS software issues, is it the consensus that the CCK is considered a weak link SQ-wise? I've read one person's opinion that this is the case.

Considering Poly vs Hugo₂ for portable. It doesn't make much sense to go Hugo₂ + TOTL USB cable + Apple Watch if the CCK may hold it back some. Poly makes more sense not that it's wireless, but it eliminates the CCK for iDevices.

Jul 19, 2017 at 11:27 PM Post #33,070 of 42,765
Had my mojo since November 2015 I think?

Anyway, the power ball is still matte but the most used balls (volume) is glossy clear.

Here's a picture of my smooth balls :smirk:

IMG_20170716_025515~2.jpg

Jul 19, 2017 at 11:52 PM Post #33,071 of 42,765
Doesn't Bluetooth downsample? Not enough sample data SQ-wise.

SQ is being sacrificed in some way with Bluetooth and/or CCK? That's what I'm trying to avoid for next purchase.

IMO, if you want the no compression whatsoever you can get the Poly with WiFi streaming or even a cheapo Chromecast Audio to do the same thing as the Poly. For me, DAC makes a much more effect in sound than a no compression streaming from WiFi. To me, Hugo 2 through Bluetooth is superior than MojoPoly through WiFi streaming.

Jul 20, 2017 at 12:20 AM Post #33,072 of 42,765
10.3.3 installed and still no Mojo love from apple. I'm using the original CCK and it does not work. Very bummed. Can anyone with the newer larger CCK confirm
that 10.3.3 works with it and Mojo?
Same here was told the 10.3.3 beta worked but the final release doesn't work for me either.

Jul 20, 2017 at 12:24 AM Post #33,073 of 42,765
IMO, if you want the no compression whatsoever you can get the Poly with WiFi streaming or even a cheapo Chromecast Audio to do the same thing as the Poly. For me, DAC makes a much more effect in sound than a no compression streaming from WiFi. To me, Hugo 2 through Bluetooth is superior than MojoPoly through WiFi streaming.

Cheers for sharing your thought process. When on the go, your not in a perfect controlled environment so it's difficult to have perfect anything SQ-wise. So the Bluetooth solution may work. I already devoted the Mojo to the gaming PC because the sound card gave out.

Thanks, this will help as I need a replacement since I'm out a Mojo. Can you confirm if the Youtube and/or VLC Video app can be played via Bluetooth on the Hugo₂? I'm half music half videos on the go.

Jul 20, 2017 at 12:28 AM Post #33,074 of 42,765
Same here was told the 10.3.3 beta worked but the final release doesn't work for me either.

Maybe the last thing Apple implemented before final release was the dropouts.

:thinking:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back