Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Oct 28, 2015 at 5:39 PM Post #2,851 of 42,765
  Well, I just heard from the place I ordered the Mojo that Chord are having "Production problems" and will not be releasing the mojo, and only trickling them to the US market from the 2nd week of November. This is the second time I have have not a small amount of money taken for a product, and then the supplier not come up with the goods.

May be your dealer is lying and did not put in the order on time. This is what JF had to say about the distribution.

I can understand your frustration we a chord requested that distributor placed there purchase orders in a timely manor . Many did but not all. I believe that we at chord are coping well in supplying many additional hundreds of units of a brand new products that had not been ordered until just about fourteen days ago. So please understand we are doing our very best. I can also say that moon are also passing on information as they get it. Please also remember we are supplying the world and not just the USA.

Oct 28, 2015 at 5:41 PM Post #2,853 of 42,765

Every distributor I've ever worked with, spanning three continents, dozens of countries, dozens of product categories and over more than 25 years, has been on net 30-90 day terms, so that argument isn't going to wash.

But lets say they aren't ... then why am I also paying shipping in full, weeks before my order is ready?

Good customer service isn't "poor expectation management", followed by "silence" combined with "bill it all at once so I can save an additional $0.35 transaction fee."

Under promise, over deliver, or don't be surprised when you upset a customer.

Guess people didn't take my comment as the piece of poor humor it was supposed to be. Oh, well. 

And Drew is a good guy. He's a small business owner, cut the dude a break. Cheers 

Oct 28, 2015 at 5:43 PM Post #2,854 of 42,765
  May be your dealer is lying and did not put in the order on time. This is what JF had to say about the distribution.

Or they underestimated demand when they ordered. I get the sense this isn't any one person or companies fault but a collection of most dealers and distributers underestimating demand by a fairly significant amount and now everyone's trying to get more from Chord who can only make and ship so many in a day.

Oct 28, 2015 at 5:43 PM Post #2,855 of 42,765
I want to be clear about one thing ...

My intent in responding on general business behavior is NOT to rag on Moon Audio.  I'm sure they don't want this situation anymore than anyone else does and my only real issue there is having to make inquiries to find out what is going on when a delivery date was missed.

Certainly, when I called to get information and couldn't get a delivery commitment, they were perfectly pleasant in cancelling my order (it was done before I got off the phone).  And while I went into that call figuring I'd not be making further orders with them, after it I probably will - just only for in-stock ready-to-ship items.

Oct 28, 2015 at 5:47 PM Post #2,857 of 42,765
Seriously?!? Why on earth are you bemoaning about the minor fulfilment delays of an innovative, relatively inexpensive and great sounding product? Comparing the Mojo to a crowdfunding project is disengenuous and patently absurd, as Chord have been overwhelmed by demand and are pulling out all the stops to satisfy customers. Compare Chord's proactive approach with that of LH Labs 'you'll receive your perk when we can be bothered to ship it' attitude and you'll see that you've very little to complain about.

Indee

Indeed I have, and my wallet is not empty from prepaying for it... if the Mojo were a kickstarter, fair enough, but it isn't...

Oct 28, 2015 at 5:49 PM Post #2,858 of 42,765
Quote:
Seriously?!? Why on earth are you bemoaning about the minor fulfilment delays of an innovative, relatively inexpensive and great sounding product? Comparing the Mojo to a crowdfunding project is disengenuous and patently absurd, as Chord have been overwhelmed by demand and are pulling out all the stops to satisfy customers. Compare Chord's proactive approach with that of LH Labs 'you'll receive your perk when we can be bothered to ship it' attitude and you'll see that you've very little to complain about.

Honestly, this isn't just about Chord. I've been hamstrung several times on this industry now, and Chord was jus the straw that broke the camels back. I'm still waiting for a Liquid Carbon. When I ordered cables from Moon Audio, 2 weeks later, after crickets, when I reached out to them, I got "your cable will ship today', and when I responded that I had 2 cables, they said 'oh, sorry, your 2 cables will ship today'. That doesn't count as good customer service... 

So, I'm sorry if I have come across as brash, but I'm kinda to the point where, unless I see something, you don't get my money. If I miss out, my life won't be any the worse... I'm sure there will be a glut of them in 3 months

Oct 28, 2015 at 5:49 PM Post #2,859 of 42,765
And in the good news column, the AK100/Mojo/Sys Connect stack does play 192 files!

Oct 28, 2015 at 5:56 PM Post #2,861 of 42,765
Very sorry to hear about your unfortunate experiences and I hope that you'll receive these items soon. If it's any consolation, Chord are an extremely reputable company and I'm sure that they really are working overtime to meet the exceptional demand for Mojo.

Honestly, this isn't just about Chord. I've been hamstrung several times on this industry now, and Chord was jus the straw that broke the camels back. I'm still waiting for a Liquid Carbon. When I ordered cables from Moon Audio, 2 weeks later, after crickets, when I reached out to them, I got "your cable will ship today', and when I responded that I had 2 cables, they said 'oh, sorry, your 2 cables will ship today'. That doesn't count as good customer service... 

So, I'm sorry if I have come across as brash, but I'm kinda to the point where, unless I see something, you don't get my money. If I miss out, my life won't be any the worse... I'm sure there will be a glut of them in 3 months

Oct 28, 2015 at 5:56 PM Post #2,862 of 42,765
Well, I just heard from the place I ordered the Mojo that Chord are having "Production problems" and will not be releasing the mojo, and only trickling them to the US market from the 2nd week of November. This is the second time I have have not a small amount of money taken for a product, and then the supplier not come up with the goods.

I have to say this is the only industry I have some across where this happens - pay up front and commitments not met (although I am sure there are others). If these companies are so freaking good, then why can't they produce the product without the need for us to fund their businesses? I run a small business, and if I asked my customers to prepay, and then not deliver, I would not be in business any more.

Frankly, I'm not impressed...

Your issue is with the seller not Chord, I would argue. You have also agreed to pay in advance for a product that the seller hasn't yet got in stock.

Oct 28, 2015 at 6:06 PM Post #2,863 of 42,765

When I called to cancel my Mojo, I was told that the reason for the delay was that the distributor hadn't shipped the order.

They didn't know, or speculate, as to why.

Moon has said they submitted a "huge" order (that's from the day of the Chord announcement), so I doubt it's a delay in ordering.  It might just be overwhelming demand, and that's what I'd like to think.  The few reports of "hissing" being heard both through sensitive IEMs but, also, physically from the Mojo unit itself, and this being identified by Chord as abnormal, does make me wonder if there isn't some other issue here though.

I still want a Mojo.

I'd pay a decent premium to have one in my hands before my next trip in the next couple of days.

Hell, I'd buy a Hugo locally this afternoon if the thing could charge from USB.

Fingers crossed it's just an unforeseen demand issue.

Oct 28, 2015 at 6:25 PM Post #2,864 of 42,765
I need to clarify that the unit I have is from a preproduction batch and the hiss from that unit is unusual and Chord is replacing the unit. There should be no hiss with MoJo's from the production line. If there is unusual hiss then, as John has said earlier, it should be taken back to the dealer or Chord for replacement.

Oct 28, 2015 at 6:35 PM Post #2,865 of 42,765
My instant reaction (same flac file on both) was that the fiio x5 has a more intimate soundstage than the dx90. This impression was backed up by a colleague. We were listening to LCD2 rev 2, Mojo, both DAPs via coax.

Do you detect any differences?

They are on different DAPs and I think the Hugo has a slightly larger soundstage.

But comparing DX90 and X5 Headphones out, I would agree with you entirely, X5 seems more upfront because of narrower width and depth. Can this come through IDENTICAL bitstreams to the Mojo?
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back