Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Oct 28, 2015 at 2:57 PM Post #2,806 of 42,765
I agree.

I'd say it's not nearly as relevant as how the Mojo sounds with different headphones and earphones. That's what I'd like to hear (more) about.

Oct 28, 2015 at 2:58 PM Post #2,807 of 42,765

I keep thinking about building a little input receiver box for USB and S/PDIF that’ll capture the raw data output from whatever the source is and write it to a file.

Then I can compare the data coming off the computer with the values in the source file and see if anything is being manipulated/screwed-up in the middle.  It wouldn’t account for jitter/timing issues, but it would let me see if something in the chain was changing the actual data that was being sent.

My original desire to do this was when looking at music player software for OS X.  It seems rather improbable to me that there are audible differences between these players if they are all genuinely bit-perfect.  I can believe that software that is directly driving the output hardware, vs. going through a core library etc., can have an effect, though that would just mean that one of the implementations wasn’t “correct”.

If the hardware chain is causing issues, then those should be broadly visible across all players.  If they aren’t then something in the software chain is making a difference.

Since I want to build my own portable high-capacity DAT anyway (Digital Audio Transport – i.e. with no onboard DAC or amp), I’ll want this for debugging/testing purposes, so maybe I’ll get around to it this year.

Oct 28, 2015 at 3:03 PM Post #2,809 of 42,765
Haha, listening to the Mojo, and I walk past this car...

Make note of the registration.

Oct 28, 2015 at 3:09 PM Post #2,810 of 42,765
https://youtu.be/WkPJUJy0D7o

Moon Audio YouTube clip discussing Mojo distribution

Oct 28, 2015 at 3:52 PM Post #2,812 of 42,765
Hello JF here I'm pleased to report that My senior contact at JH has been using his Mojo since the Japanese show continuously under all conditions and IEMs he says his unit is totally silent so I think we have at most one possibly two faulty units out of the thousands we've now shipped. Just get your unit back to us with a note and we will replace it immeadiately.

I dropped by my local distributor (Moon Audio) and gave them the Mojo -- Drew confirmed he could hear the problem and will be shipping it back to you.

Kudos to Moon (Drew and Nichole) for their very responsive assistance here. I've bought a bunch of stuff (including Hugo) from Moon and have high regards for their operation and how knowledgable they are.

I see people complaining about delays in (and lack of notification about) getting Mojos which I can understand are frustrating, but everything I have seen and heard says the situation is outside of their control. I continue to highly recommend everyone buy from Moon Audio -- you will get great support from them.

(FWIW, I don't have any relationship with Moon -- just a happy local customer)

Oct 28, 2015 at 3:52 PM Post #2,813 of 42,765
The stack is in the house!

Now just need some 3M DuoLock to hold them together.

And it sounds really nice! Blows away my old portable stack.

Cheers

Oct 28, 2015 at 3:57 PM Post #2,814 of 42,765
This debate will never go away.

The Mojo sounds great with both Dx90 and Fiio x5 but there is a difference in the soundstage they present..

Maybe pictures and docs don't rely on timing :)

How you find Dx90 and X5 differ? I actually have my X5 in the lounge connected to Hugo, and my DX90 bedside connected to Mojo.

Next, someone will be saying all Chord DACs sound the same!!☺☺

Oct 28, 2015 at 4:03 PM Post #2,815 of 42,765
So, this is why I went with the AK player...

Sysconcept cable arrived as per the below...

All well and good? Well, it gets a little better, this setup fits in a shirt pocket :)

Happy happy times (oh, and a fantastic album playing right now too :))

Oct 28, 2015 at 4:05 PM Post #2,816 of 42,765

All well and good? Well, it gets a little better, this setup fits in a shirt pocket :)

Happy happy times (oh, and a fantastic album playing right now too :))

How's your HiRes Duncan :)

Oct 28, 2015 at 4:06 PM Post #2,817 of 42,765
PS Duncan, cable fits a treat.

Oct 28, 2015 at 4:07 PM Post #2,818 of 42,765

All well and good? Well, it gets a little better, this setup fits in a shirt pocket
smily_headphones1.gif

Happy happy times (oh, and a fantastic album playing right now too
smily_headphones1.gif
)

Why did you go optical?

Oct 28, 2015 at 4:08 PM Post #2,820 of 42,765

It's hard to tell from the pictures ... but is there enough room there to connect to a charger with the optical cable connected?

Trying to decide if I need to get just a form-fit cable or that and something longer ...

Thanks in advance!

And congrats!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back