Chord Hugo UK Price Increase 3rd March
Feb 26, 2014 at 5:20 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 40

PhilW

Member of the Trade: Audio Concierge
As some of you may be aware the price of the Chord Hugo is increasing to £1400 inc VAT in the UK as of the 3rd March. We wish to make customers aware that we will hold the £1200 price for all orders up to 3rd March even if your unit is on back order and arrives after this date.

http://bit.ly/1fagopL

Feb 27, 2014 at 5:55 PM Post #4 of 40
Supply and demand.

Though I disapprove of the exponential upward pricing trend in portable audio in recent years.

Reading through the Hugo thread, it's being compared to DACs 15-16 times more expensive. I'm not surprised they've succumbed to the temptation to up the price - and that's not to say that I agree with it.

Feb 27, 2014 at 7:39 PM Post #5 of 40
Wow, they should change their case supplier!
200£ for 3 bigger holes, that's a lot of money 
rolleyes.gif

Feb 28, 2014 at 6:10 AM Post #10 of 40
i got a feeling that its not worth the price, performance wise when we look at the other options... please convince me .... someone...  at least WA7 is 1100$ with the tubes option with a very good DAC and ofc super amp section,  are you telling me that this unit will perform very good? or you will tell me later oh its portable so don't expect a lot... but you still got to pay? 

how good is this unit? i wana know, i might buy it, if its good for this price,  

we audiophiles won't stop buying shiny new toys won't we? :p hehehe 

Feb 28, 2014 at 6:47 AM Post #12 of 40
trust me if its good and with sparkling treble, musical mids, and better than many dacs so i don't need to get one, i will freaking use it on my desktop!! lol!!

how does it sound like? Neutral? Warm? Bright?  how does it compare to some high end combos? i want some info :p 

Feb 28, 2014 at 7:44 AM Post #14 of 40
its is nearly = 2000$, i am reading about it now, the DAC section is super as will!! 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back