Chord Hugo TT High End DAC Amp Impressions Thread
Sep 9, 2016 at 1:06 PM Post #646 of 1,686
I just bought and received my TT and wonder how people here deal with the question of either leaving the unit on all the time or turning it on and off each time i use it...I am coming from a Yggrasil which i was instructed to leave on 24/7 and my impulse is to do the very same with my TT but want to make sure this is common practice and will not negatively impact the unit.....thanks for any help

Sep 9, 2016 at 1:16 PM Post #647 of 1,686
I turn mine off the switch is good for 20,000

Sep 9, 2016 at 2:53 PM Post #648 of 1,686
I am not so much concerned about the on /off switch lifetime as i am about the sound...I have always been told that a DAC sounds its best when left on all the time

Sep 9, 2016 at 3:34 PM Post #650 of 1,686
i keep it plugged in and charging (think this is right) but front switch is off. i dont think leaving the switch on will make any difference to the sound.

more importantly how does it sound? i absolutely love mine, im addicted to it!

Sep 9, 2016 at 3:40 PM Post #651 of 1,686
yes,it is an extraordinary piece of equipment...listening to it means rediscovering my vast music collection...perhaps somebody from Chord can weigh in and let us know if leaving it on all the time will harm it in any way

Sep 9, 2016 at 4:01 PM Post #652 of 1,686
How could it help, it's solid state. If anything 24/7 may degrade some components over the very long run. But really whatever makes you feel better or think sounds better. I leave it charging always like Hugo tho.

Sep 9, 2016 at 4:43 PM Post #653 of 1,686
my only concern would be if leaving it on all the time will cause the unit to wear out sooner of negatively impact something...if not that would be my preference...

Sep 11, 2016 at 8:01 AM Post #654 of 1,686
Would love the hear more impressions for 2Qute vs Hugo TT on USB connection. 

Sep 11, 2016 at 8:01 AM Post #655 of 1,686
  my only concern would be if leaving it on all the time will cause the unit to wear out sooner of negatively impact something...if not that would be my preference...

Don't worry about it. I leave my Chord Hugo on all the time and it still works fine after all this time. If it breaks, good excuse to upgrade to the Chord Dave? :)

Sep 11, 2016 at 6:48 PM Post #656 of 1,686
yes,it is an extraordinary piece of equipment...listening to it means rediscovering my vast music collection...perhaps somebody from Chord can weigh in and let us know if leaving it on all the time will harm it in any way

They have already weighed in as I asked the same question a few pages back.

It's fine to leave it on. The designer leaves his on.

No worries at all.

Although the sound won't be improved, so turning it off isn't an issues. Either is ok!

Sep 13, 2016 at 2:48 PM Post #658 of 1,686
the damn thing is really fantastic,i try to imagine how much better a DAVE or any other DAQ can sound through my LCD-4's

Sep 13, 2016 at 2:53 PM Post #659 of 1,686
the damn thing is really fantastic,i try to imagine how much better a DAVE or any other DAQ can sound through my LCD-4's

I don't want to know, I'm thinking TT is an end game dac tho.

Sep 13, 2016 at 2:54 PM Post #660 of 1,686
I have only seen a Dave once and I did not get to listen to it. I tried a Hugo TT and found it superior to my QB-9 DSD in a general sort of way, but only single-ended, and I wanted a fully differential DAC, so I stuck with the Ayre. The TT has balanced outs, but even Chord says that it sounds best using the single ended outs at least from what I have read.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back