Chord Hugo - The PORTABLE discussion thread
May 25, 2015 at 9:25 AM Post #1,366 of 1,858
FYI - just found this $25 magazine with free micro USB short (30 cm) cable, not sure if that connector were good for Hugo's recessed jack

http://store.stereosound.co.jp/products/detail.php?product_id=2165

DBvjZsy.jpg

May 26, 2015 at 9:30 PM Post #1,368 of 1,858
the golden Version looks great! is it the same price with black?

It's limited edition already sold in China though, I asked the same question already.
 Just imagine how it would look strapped to a golden AK240... drool...

May 27, 2015 at 4:36 AM Post #1,369 of 1,858
Are there any pictures out of this golden version? I checked the Chord website last night but could not find it.

May 27, 2015 at 7:29 AM Post #1,373 of 1,858
The gold-plated Hugo has not been distributed and is not being manufactured. 
The golden finish is something we are considering as a speciality item but we can not source a gold plater within the UK that can meet our stringent quality requirements. 

Please note if you have your Hugo plated by a third party source, it will void your products 3-year warranty. 

May 27, 2015 at 9:13 AM Post #1,374 of 1,858
The golden finish is something we are considering as a speciality item but we can not source a gold plater within the UK that can meet our stringent quality requirements. 

Please note if you have your Hugo plated by a third party source, it will void your products 3-year warranty. 

I would see a gold plated hugo as a bad ideea. Gold is one of the best electrical conductors, and has quite the unique properties. 

I did not know that Hugo had this much warranty! I think that it is great to have such a reliable device to offer such great warranty!

May 27, 2015 at 4:05 PM Post #1,376 of 1,858

Thanks for clarifying that. So this makes the golden Hugo in the pictures a real special edition, like not for sale?

May 28, 2015 at 6:00 AM Post #1,377 of 1,858
Hi guys,I absolutely love my Hugo,but have one big grudge to share and that is the usb connections.
I use a D-Fi cable from Vertere and the sound is amazing,even those mp3s sound like 24 bit files to my ears:)
But the problem is the connection to Hugo is too loose and even the smallest movement in my bag cuts the connection,its a bugger really:frowning2:
I think its Hugo's usb ports itself rather than the cable but if anyone has an experience with this pls share:thumbsup_tone1:

May 28, 2015 at 8:45 AM Post #1,379 of 1,858
Thanks for your comments and we understand your issue. The audio grade USB cables are great for fixed home listening but they are not always as practical when you want to travel with Hugo.
In general these cables are not very flexible and quite heavy so they tend to get knocked or moved about when carrying Hugo. This means you can get a bad connection. I suggest using a smaller more flexible cable for portable use then revert to the larger cable when you are at home. :relieved:

May 28, 2015 at 9:09 AM Post #1,380 of 1,858
Hi guys,I absolutely love my Hugo,but have one big grudge to share and that is the usb connections.
I use a D-Fi cable from Vertere and the sound is amazing,even those mp3s sound like 24 bit files to my ears:)
But the problem is the connection to Hugo is too loose and even the smallest movement in my bag cuts the connection,its a bugger really:frowning2:
I think its Hugo's usb ports itself rather than the cable but if anyone has an experience with this pls share:thumbsup_tone1:

Have you tried a normal USB cable?  And are you really claiming that your USB cable improves the sound quality of mp3 files?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back