Chord Hugo / Schiit Yggdrasil. Anyone heard both?
Jul 4, 2015 at 3:23 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

bclark8923

500+ Head-Fier
Being that their around the same price point and their both very popular here on Head-fi. Who all has heard both and what are your impressions?

I plan on buying one in the future and pairing with a Cavalli Liquid Carbon.

Jul 8, 2015 at 1:43 PM Post #2 of 10
Bump anyone have impressions on either?

Jul 16, 2015 at 2:22 PM Post #6 of 10
I've heard both of them, both in a show environment.  I think the Yggy sounds better overall but it's also massive and needs to be on all the time.  The Chord Hugo sounds fantastic (the DAC section, the amp is weak), it's portable, and has lots of connectivity options including BlueTooth.  They're both very good but have different purposes.

For pure sound, the Yggy.  If you want to take advantage of the transportability of the LC, the Hugo.  

FWIW, the LC was being demoed with the Hugo at Canjam so many of the impressions from Canjam are with that combo.  I heard it myself and it was a very good combo!

Jul 28, 2015 at 8:22 AM Post #7 of 10
  I've heard both of them, both in a show environment.  I think the Yggy sounds better overall but it's also massive and needs to be on all the time.  The Chord Hugo sounds fantastic (the DAC section, the amp is weak), it's portable, and has lots of connectivity options including BlueTooth.  They're both very good but have different purposes.

For pure sound, the Yggy.  If you want to take advantage of the transportability of the LC, the Hugo.  

FWIW, the LC was being demoed with the Hugo at Canjam so many of the impressions from Canjam are with that combo.  I heard it myself and it was a very good combo!

Have you heard the 2Qute,essentially a Hugo but with galvanic USB isolation? I'm hearing that it is better than the Hugo and cheaper too
at 1,795 US dollars.

Jul 28, 2015 at 9:12 PM Post #8 of 10
  Have you heard the 2Qute,essentially a Hugo but with galvanic USB isolation? I'm hearing that it is better than the Hugo and cheaper too
at 1,795 US dollars.

I've never had the opportunity, no.  But from what I understand, it's basically the same as the Hugo, just a DAC only.  It's a good deal if you REALLY like the sound of the Hugo and don't use the amp.  But that's a big chunk of change for a DAC only.  The Audio-GD Master-11 has an outstanding R2R DAC and an insane class-A amp all in one for about the same price.

Dec 25, 2015 at 7:37 PM Post #9 of 10

How did you like the Hugo compared to your DAC-19?

Dec 25, 2015 at 7:40 PM Post #10 of 10

How did you like the Hugo compared to your DAC-19?

I haven't had a chance to listen to the Hugo against the DAC-19 yet.  But you know... the Hugo is 3x the cost and diminishing returns...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back