CHORD HUGO preview report
Feb 7, 2014 at 8:02 PM Post #466 of 519
Its controversial but a lot of people would just pay a little more for the assurance of a strong end-to-end chain.
Another approach is to buy at least 2-3 cheap adapters each and find the best sounding one. :)
I hope Chord will release some cables specifically for Hugo in the future.

Feb 8, 2014 at 4:52 AM Post #467 of 519
gentlemen, 

I have 2 questions for the (happy) owners of the HUGO:

what is your feeling about the built in "Crossfeed filter" or DSP.... whatever they call it ?  Does it bring any positive SQ upgrade or is it a gadget...

- Has someone compared the 2 digital in: Toshlink & COAX ?  Does one sound better than the other ? 

Thanks in advance

Feb 9, 2014 at 2:01 AM Post #468 of 519
To add to bmichels questions, and bear in mind I am new to all of this newfangled technology so humor me:

1. Would it be useful/possible to add an amp such as ALO RX3 to a portable system with the Chord Hugo? (want to drive planar headphones)

2. Given it needs a player, would adding the aforementioned setup to an A&K120 or other similar player be overkill?

Cheers,

S.

Feb 9, 2014 at 4:17 AM Post #469 of 519
U can use rca out of Hugo to connect to 3.5mm stereo input of your portable amp. You can consider to first try the built in amp of Hugo to drive your planar phones,some are easier to drive than other. Some require desktop amp to unleash their potential.

Feb 10, 2014 at 1:17 PM Post #471 of 519
Did any one compared the HUGO against the AK240 ?   I need to buy one of those 2.  ( I have TH-900 &  Roxane )

So my Choice are :

- My AK100 > Hugo  (crapy AK100 UI, but..."may be" better SQ than the AK240 alone ??)
or    
- AK240 alone (With the AK240 I will use it's balanced Out since my TH-900 is wired Balanced)

( I can't wait April for Calyx M...that will more likely be available in Europe in June/july)

thanks

Feb 10, 2014 at 2:21 PM Post #472 of 519
No prizes for guessing which way the vote will swing, in this particular thread!
wink.gif

Feb 11, 2014 at 3:02 AM Post #475 of 519

Although it's a more produced album, you might also like Eddi Reader's 'Mirmama'

that name brings back memories 'Fairground Attraction', used to really like that band but the constant playing of Perfect on radio-stations put me right off them (talking back in the day here)

listened to the first couple of tracks of Mirmama on Spotify and bought the album, Mython thanks for reminding me what a great voice Eddi has.

this track is sublime 'Sandy Denny - Who Knows Where The Time Goes'... one of my all time favourite songs, the older I get, the more poignant the lyrics become. 

Feb 11, 2014 at 4:27 PM Post #476 of 519
  Did any one compared the HUGO against the AK240 ?   I need to buy one of those 2.  ( I have TH-900 &  Roxane )

thanks

I believe someone who have both indicated that Hugo has better SQ wise. I am also looking for more impression on Hugo.

Feb 17, 2014 at 3:54 AM Post #477 of 519

Announcement from Noble Audio:-

Chord Hugo – European Release Bristol Hi-Fi Show (UK) – 21st-23rd February

Noble Audio is proud to announce that the 8C and K10 CIEMs, as well as select products from Audeze and KEF, will be demonstrated with the sensational new Chord Hugo portable DAC/AMP at the ‘official’ European launch. Chord will unveil the Hugo at The Bristol Show, UK’s premier & largest hi-fi event.

The Bristol Show link: http://www.bristolshow.co.uk/

The launch of the Hugo marks Chord’s first foray into portable high fidelity audio. As industry leaders of DAC & Amplifier technology, the Hugo makes true reference quality audio portable for the first time.

Noble would like to wish Chord Electronics great success with the official Hugo launch at Bristol and are looking forward to collaborating further in the future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back