Chord Hugo or Mojo for desktop use?
Dec 24, 2015 at 7:03 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

almoskosz

100+ Head-Fier
Hi there, thank you for looking in! 
smily_headphones1.gif

I am considering buying my first amp/dac to drive my beloved Hifiman HE400i and I was just wondering whether it's worth to save up for the Hugo, and go with that or spend the money now on the Mojo.

Again, I would be using it mostly in desktop situations, not a lot of carrying around. I would also buy more expensive, better headphones in the future, but I wouldn't want to buy a new amplifier. 

Any thoughts? Perhaps someone who tried both of them and can verify the differences?

Take care and Happy Holidays to all! 
biggrin.gif

Dec 30, 2015 at 11:02 PM Post #2 of 2
  Hi there, thank you for looking in! 
smily_headphones1.gif

I am considering buying my first amp/dac to drive my beloved Hifiman HE400i and I was just wondering whether it's worth to save up for the Hugo, and go with that or spend the money now on the Mojo.

Again, I would be using it mostly in desktop situations, not a lot of carrying around. I would also buy more expensive, better headphones in the future, but I wouldn't want to buy a new amplifier. 

Any thoughts? Perhaps someone who tried both of them and can verify the differences?

Take care and Happy Holidays to all! 
biggrin.gif

The difference is mainly conveninence. The Hugo sits on a desk more easily. If there are any differences in SQ (there are slight differences in the tuning) then they aren't as different as the price is. IMO I'd get the Mojo and spend the difference on better headphones. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back