Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Oct 15, 2022 at 9:25 AM Post #17,359 of 19,125
I use Rigelian as an MPD player for Mojo/Poly. Excellent interface and any playlists created in it are also seen in GoFigure (although I never use that to play them). Also, it's still in active development (Glider hasn't been updated in over 3yrs according to the App Store). I think it's only iOS/MacOS so no good if you're on Android, though.

Oct 15, 2022 at 10:46 AM Post #17,360 of 19,125
I use Rigelian as an MPD player for Mojo/Poly. Excellent interface and any playlists created in it are also seen in GoFigure (although I never use that to play them). Also, it's still in active development (Glider hasn't been updated in over 3yrs according to the App Store). I think it's only iOS/MacOS so no good if you're on Android, though.
I was curious about that app until I saw that it was on a subscription plan. I absolutely loathe apps on subscription plans and barley ever have any apps on subscription plans (maybe 2-3) lol

Update: my bad seems like it was asking for like 3.50usd a year. I don’t mind paying that much for continuous improvements for sure

Last edited:
Oct 15, 2022 at 4:00 PM Post #17,364 of 19,125
No one figured out how to stream from iPhone to Poly with max resolution?
Works up to 24 Bit 192 kHz with MConnect Lite and Qobuz. You can define the quality for mobile Network connection in the settings of Qobuz.
Tried it and it works for me, but I changed back to 16/44 myself

Oct 16, 2022 at 2:49 AM Post #17,365 of 19,125
Works up to 24 Bit 192 kHz with MConnect Lite and Qobuz. You can define the quality for mobile Network connection in the settings of Qobuz.
Tried it and it works for me, but I changed back to 16/44 myself
Hi, did you get a similar sound quality as with music from SD? AirPlay that I use with glider and MPDPlayer sounds definitely worse. Does MConnect stream with its own protocol?

Oct 16, 2022 at 3:37 PM Post #17,366 of 19,125
Hi, did you get a similar sound quality as with music from SD? AirPlay that I use with glider and MPDPlayer sounds definitely worse. Does MConnect stream with its own protocol?
If you use AirPlay, it uses compression. Here's a screenshot in Glider. The checked item should be "Chord Poly:xxxxx" where xxxx is your Poly's name. Don't select iPhone or More Devices unless you really AirPlay

Attachments

• IMG_B18E56CF8E33-1.jpg
    IMG_B18E56CF8E33-1.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 0
Oct 16, 2022 at 5:08 PM Post #17,367 of 19,125
The developer of Glider used to post on this thread.
Once he stopped updating Glider, a quick google search revealed that a developer with the same name, had just started working at Apple.
If they are both the same guy, then Apple are notoriously strict about Apple IPR, and this could have prevented him working on Glider again.

My instinct is that Glider will receive no further updates.

Oct 16, 2022 at 5:28 PM Post #17,368 of 19,125
If you use AirPlay, it uses compression. Here's a screenshot in Glider. The checked item should be "Chord Poly:xxxxx" where xxxx is your Poly's name. Don't select iPhone or More Devices unless you really AirPlay
AirPlay does not use compression. It is limited to 16/44.1 - so not hi-res - but that’s not what we usually refer to as ‘compression’.
Glider is no longer supported and hasn’t been updated for years as others have said. I use Rigelian which allows for hi-res to Poly.

Oct 25, 2022 at 9:33 AM Post #17,369 of 19,125
I use Poly+Mojo2, when I play FLAC files from a SD card the background is not completely silent, there is light but audible noise like buzz, especially on start/next track When I stream via Roon or via AirPlay on WiFi the background is much darker with the same music. I tried turning on the Airplane mode for the Poly leaving just bluetooth on in the GoFigure app, resetting the Poly to the factory settings, switching SD cards, that didn't help. That's weird as many people in this discussion told that SQ is the best when playing from a SD card. Anyone with the same issue? Looks like a faulty unit?

Oct 25, 2022 at 11:14 AM Post #17,370 of 19,125
I don't have any issue with my MojoPoly except there is noise when indexing SD card, but I don't have Mojo2. On the other hand, I have similar issue like static noise with my Hugo2+2Go when using my AKG N5005. The noise is gone if I turn on Airplane mode or if I use my full size cans. Are you charging your Mojo2Poly when playing? if yes, stop that. Another than that, I cannot think of what else you can do. May be you are correct about faulty unit. Idk.

Speaking of best SQ, Airplane mode with non-compressed files gives the best SQ.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back