Chord Electronics Lounge and Chat area.
May 30, 2019 at 6:26 PM Post #136 of 249
There are quite a few mentions on the Chord threads about using systems built around NUCs + an audioplile OS.
There are also threads about NUC based systems on other forums, including this thread started by @romaz .
I am half tempted myself, but would prefer a solution that allowed optical output.
I use a NUC6CAYH, which is 6th generation with Celeron processor and optical output. As it uses a low power Celeron it is fanless and completely silent. Current gen is 8, which can come with more powerful i5 and i7 processors, but fans required.

May 31, 2019 at 8:07 AM Post #138 of 249
May 31, 2019 at 11:31 AM Post #139 of 249
Does anybody know of the existence of Chord branded hats or other paraphernalia?

May 31, 2019 at 1:37 PM Post #141 of 249
QB
That’s all I have done so far. No internal fuses, just the power cords to each component plus the power cord to the Isotek Sigmas power conditioner. It worked a treat as I mentioned earlier
I’ve just started to experiment with plug fuses. Haven’t yet forked out for an SR fuse but I have tried AMR Gold and HiFi Tuning Supreme, and they do mostly improve on the standard fuses. In fact Shunyata have just updated their UK Alpha and Sigma cables to include AMR Gold fuses. Was you experiment with supplied power cables or with upmarket third-party cables?

May 31, 2019 at 2:09 PM Post #142 of 249
Hi STR-1
I used upmarket cables rather than simple low end cables. If it were the latter I could perhaps have understood the level of improvement but with upmarket cables it really surprised me that a fuse could make such a difference. The improvement was not small.

As I said before, the fact that all the power in our system must flow through this tiny bit of (often cheap) metal then perhaps I should not be surprised at all. Anyway kudos to Synergistic Research

May 31, 2019 at 2:16 PM Post #143 of 249
Just found this thread. I’ve owned a Mojo, Hugo, and now a Qutest, so needless to say, I like Chord DACs.

I figure it’s about time for a Mojo 2. Has anybody heard anything about this?

London CanJam would be a good time for an announcement ...

May 31, 2019 at 2:20 PM Post #144 of 249
Is there an adapter to allow iPhone to optical in Mojo -Hugo?

I wouldn’t think so. The iPhone doesn’t have an optical out which means some kind of converter, if even possible, would need to take the Lightning digital out and convert the signal to optical.

May 31, 2019 at 2:34 PM Post #145 of 249
Just found this thread. I’ve owned a Mojo, Hugo, and now a Qutest, so needless to say, I like Chord DACs.

Chord are a sponsor of London Canjam, so some product announcements could be imminent.
Read this recent Chord interview. There are references to upcoming studio products, streamers, plus a comment that adding streamers extends the lifespan of the original product. This could be a hint that no Mojo 2 or Hugo 3 in the pipeline yet.

ert_interview_1.jpg ert_interview_2.jpg

May 31, 2019 at 2:51 PM Post #146 of 249
I wouldn’t expect a Hugo 3 for a couple years, but a Mojo 2 would be great. Thanks for the links ...

May 31, 2019 at 4:14 PM Post #147 of 249

You are more likely to hear about the 2Go module at CanJam London.

May 31, 2019 at 5:27 PM Post #148 of 249
You are more likely to hear about the 2Go module at CanJam London.

I presume this is the Poly for the Hugo 2.

Jun 2, 2019 at 5:35 PM Post #150 of 249
Is there an adapter to allow iPhone to optical in Mojo -Hugo?

There's an official Apple HDMI adapter, so you need to extract optical from then convert via a non-official HDMI => optical converter. It's not an elegant solution.

opt.jpeg

Use case is mainly used in car audio to feed optical into a DSP:

https://www.diymobileaudio.com/foru...prius-v-illusion-focal-alpine-gz-tru-jbl.html

If your use case is for home. A raspberry pi setup will work. Cheap and relatively easy to setup. No wires, CCK or HDMI adapter. Can control via Apple Watch, iPhone or iPad. Mainly any frontend since everything runs off the backend. I plan on using this for portable use.

https://www.hifiberry.com/products/digiplus/

Here's some Apple Watch photos (Should look nicer IRL with the OLED screen):

1.jpg
2.jpg

Edit: Pi Source is good so even the optical cable that is bundled with the Hugo2 can handle 192.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back