Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread
Oct 20, 2022 at 7:33 AM Post #21,346 of 22,475
Oct 20, 2022 at 8:05 AM Post #21,347 of 22,475
Last edited:
Oct 20, 2022 at 9:27 AM Post #21,348 of 22,475
How do these IE900s with only a single driver compare with other flagships that use multiple drivers like the Vision Ears Phoenix or the empire Ears Odin?

Both Phonix and Odin are a few leagues above 900 in resolution. Odin is a great earphone but doesn't quite have the Je ne sais quoi as Phonix, its a little easier to immerse yourself in Phonix, whereas Odin is more "in your face"

Oct 20, 2022 at 10:35 AM Post #21,349 of 22,475
Hello just want to know any hugo2ers can answer my problem of battery charging.

Is my Hugo 2 still charging when I turn it on n plug the charger in at the same time?

I m experience some problems in battery charging, no white light when I charge it n always in blue light, and it will have a little flash in blue light n then can’t charge again 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

Oct 20, 2022 at 11:42 AM Post #21,350 of 22,475
Sounds like your charger isn't producing enough juice for it. Have you tried a different charger? Generally, you're much better off to avoid charging and playing at the same time.

Oct 20, 2022 at 3:24 PM Post #21,351 of 22,475
Hello just want to know any hugo2ers can answer my problem of battery charging.

Is my Hugo 2 still charging when I turn it on n plug the charger in at the same time?

I m experience some problems in battery charging, no white light when I charge it n always in blue light, and it will have a little flash in blue light n then can’t charge again 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭
Try running it down until charge status light is red, then disconnect it from Hugo 2 and charge it separately to see what it does.

Oct 20, 2022 at 3:25 PM Post #21,352 of 22,475
Hi,
I’ve bought a used 2Go/Hugo 2 and I’m wondering if the Hugo 2 battery might be nearing end of life?
The 2Go is connected to the Hugo 2
I don’t have the original charger but I’m using a 2.8 amp charger and seeing the white charging light so I’m getting 2A.
I charged for the first time with the unit off and after several hours the Hugo 2 charging light started flashing white/off.
Is this expected behaviour?
After letting it charge overnight 10ish hours when I powered it on the Hugo 2 power light is glowing green indicating 50-75% charge.
I would have expected to see the blue light 75-100%.
The 2Go charge status light is blue indicating it’s fully charged.
Any thoughts/advice?
Thank you.

Last edited:
Oct 20, 2022 at 3:29 PM Post #21,353 of 22,475
Hi,
I’ve bought a used 2Go/Hugo 2 and I’m wondering if the Hugo 2 battery might be nearing end of life?
I don’t have the original charger but I’m using a 2.4 amp charger and seeing the white charging light so I’m getting 2A.
I charged for the first time with the unit off and after several hours the charging light started flashing white/off.
After letting it charge overnight 10ish hours when I powered it on the power light is glowing green indicating 50-75% charge.
Any thoughts/advice?
Thank you.
What charger are you using? You need a decent one for it to work properly.

Flashing lights are an error. If the charger is good then it might be an issue with the batteries. How old is the unit?

Oct 20, 2022 at 4:25 PM Post #21,355 of 22,475
Hi,
I don’t have the original charger but I’m using a 2.8 amp charger and seeing the white charging light so I’m getting 2A.
I charged for the first time with the unit off and after several hours the Hugo 2 charging light started flashing white/off.
After letting it charge overnight 10ish hours when I powered it on the Hugo 2 power light is glowing green indicating 50-75% charge.
Any thoughts/advice?
Thank you.
See this Link for some guidance that helped me out. I normally turn the 2Go off (manually via the side button) when I'm charging.

Oct 20, 2022 at 4:45 PM Post #21,356 of 22,475
See this Link for some guidance that helped me out. I normally turn the 2Go off (manually via the side button) when I'm charging.
Thanks for that.
I did have it off when charging.

Edit: Just noticed you turn the 2Go off rather than the Hugo. I’ll try that. /edit
The charger supplied by the seller is marked 2 amp but the cable isn’t marked. This would sometimes indicate 2 amp charging and sometimes indicate 1 amp.
I tried another 2.4 amp charger but I’m not certain the cables I have support 2 amp.
So I charged it with my Allo Nirvana power supply (5V/2.8 Amp).
Perhaps because it is a SMPS rather than a charger the Hugo didn’t like it 🤷‍♀️

But I just heard back from the seller (who has great feedback on Canuck Audio Mart) and he’s ordering me a new charger and cable from Amazon to be shipped direct to me.
Hopefully it will resolve this.

Last edited:
Oct 20, 2022 at 7:36 PM Post #21,357 of 22,475
Allo Nirvana can charge Hugo2+2Go without issue. I had it for a few weeks. Other than the Nirvana ran much warmer than I expected, it did not cause issue with my Hugo2+2Go. For your problem, my guess is either the batteries are old or the Hugo2's charging circuit has issue.

Last edited:
Oct 23, 2022 at 5:13 AM Post #21,358 of 22,475
Thanks for that.
I did have it off when charging.

Edit: Just noticed you turn the 2Go off rather than the Hugo. I’ll try that. /edit
The charger supplied by the seller is marked 2 amp but the cable isn’t marked. This would sometimes indicate 2 amp charging and sometimes indicate 1 amp.
I tried another 2.4 amp charger but I’m not certain the cables I have support 2 amp.
So I charged it with my Allo Nirvana power supply (5V/2.8 Amp).
Perhaps because it is a SMPS rather than a charger the Hugo didn’t like it 🤷‍♀️

But I just heard back from the seller (who has great feedback on Canuck Audio Mart) and he’s ordering me a new charger and cable from Amazon to be shipped direct to me.
Hopefully it will resolve this.
Whenever this type of charging issue has cropped up in the past its been the cable causing the issue. It appears you have a good 5v 2A+ USB PSU so I doubt the issue is with that.

Hugo 2 can certainly be very picky regards the USB cable, I have several here that don't work properly and some that do when used with the same USB PSU.

Oct 23, 2022 at 5:23 AM Post #21,359 of 22,475
Whenever this type of charging issue has cropped up in the past its been the cable causing the issue. It appears you have a good 5v 2A+ USB PSU so I doubt the issue is with that.

Hugo 2 can certainly be very picky regards the USB cable, I have several here that don't work properly and some that do when used with the same USB PSU.
This is a generic issue that can crop up with usb cables.
@Rob Watts has posted in the past that some usb cables on the market, do not meet the official usb standard. The plugs can be usb compliant, but sometimes the wiring is too high resistance causing too great a voltage/current drop along the cable - the result being that charging can be reduced or prevented altogether.

Oct 23, 2022 at 11:03 AM Post #21,360 of 22,475
here are some updates, After changing to the panasonic NCR18650B battery, my Hugo 2 is working fine but I can't charge in full speed (white light) with the official charger, & after switching to another charging USB cable, it can be charged in low speed (blue light), all is well~~

Users who are viewing this thread

Back