Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread
Sep 26, 2022 at 2:44 PM Post #21,271 of 22,475
Thank you very much. I did this disconnecting of the batteries and using transparent Scotch tape instead of the medical plaster. But the device still turns on only with the blue power button. I sent a similar request to Chord. They didn't respond yet.
OK let's try and help. :relaxed:

Occasionally there are posts on the Chord threads from owners who have also experienced the metal contact plate slipping out of position, but once the plate is relocated the 'click' returns and the switch works correctly again.
Maybe I can find one of those posts, and post the link.

The unusual element in your case, is that having got the ball/switch to work again, that none of the other balls seem to work now.
I think that like @Kentajalli I am fearing that in the worst case scenario, you may have accidently shorted one of the contacts, and damaged the Hugo2.

However that is a worst case fear, and may not correspond to reality.
You mention that you contacted Chord, but have not received a reply.
That is unusual because normally their support responds quickly:
  • How long ago did you contact Chord?
  • Did you email to support@chordelectronics.co.uk ? Occasionally owners post to Chord cables by mistake, and wonder why they receive no reply.
@Mojo ideas and @Rob Watts you have a previously happy Chord owner, currently stuck in Azerbaijan and feeling a bit isolated. Do you have any suggestions about why his Hugo2 is now unresponsive, or what the best way forward would be?
:relaxed:

Sep 30, 2022 at 8:31 AM Post #21,273 of 22,475
hello,
do the replacement batteries for the hugo2 have longer duration after a full charge than the old ones?
mine lasts around 6-7hours. my hugo2 batteries die out earlier than my 2go, at which it still has around 50-70% charge left when the music stops playing. thanks.
Same as mine. Seems a bit of an odd balance.

Sep 30, 2022 at 12:46 PM Post #21,275 of 22,475
Me too. Don't quite understand it. What am I supposed to do with the 2Go module when the Hugo 2 battery runs short?

I've had a couple of Hugo 2's, and can't recall ever having better battery life than 7 hours.
Chord should have put a crappy battery into 2Go! 💩
They couldn't put a bigger battery into Hugo2, so a crappy battery into 2Go would have balanced it out.

Oct 1, 2022 at 4:19 AM Post #21,277 of 22,475
Is opening up the Hugo 2 as easy as just unscrewing all the screws and taking the case apart along the seam? I tried this yesterday but it felt like there is something more holding it together than just the external screws (maybe some double sided tape or something similar?) so I didn´t want to use too much force.
I often have to press the power ball at an angle to make it turn on/off so wanted to check if the switch underneath is a bit out of its position (it has been like this from new).

Oct 2, 2022 at 4:43 AM Post #21,278 of 22,475
Chord sent me new black windows to replace my cracked ones, FOC/with complements. Thank you Chord my Hugo 2 has been restored to nearly new look again.

Attachments

• IMG20221002083347_2.jpg
    IMG20221002083347_2.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 0
Oct 2, 2022 at 8:19 AM Post #21,280 of 22,475
Mine has the same issue! How did you go about arranging a replacement?
I sent an email to support@chordelectronics.co.uk and the awesome Ed sent the two window parts to me, top and bottom.

To replace the bottom window the screws securing the PCB must be removed so that the board can be lifted a little, disconnect the batteries before doing this to prevent the risk of short circuits.

Oct 9, 2022 at 4:44 AM Post #21,283 of 22,475
Apparently the headphone connectors may have a bit of crosstalk (it's not unusual that certain types of connector can have this problem) so some people have found that the RCA outputs to a different headphone socket results in better sound. It was quite a while ago (a year or two) that it was discussed.

Oct 9, 2022 at 4:51 PM Post #21,285 of 22,475
I have a quick question (having searched the thread and on Google not having found a clear answer). What happens if I feed my Hugo 2 from a DAP? Am I "double DAC-ing"? Is that even possible? Or does the H2 DAC take over 100% from the DAP DAC?

I understand that said A&K DAP has a line-out function, but it is meant to feed an external amp. I suppose that's how all DAPs work with line-out. Does adding the H2 disable the DAP's DAC?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back