Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread
Apr 4, 2019 at 9:20 AM Post #15,931 of 22,475
With Mojo, I found the Audioquest Jitterbug calmed the USB perfectly. I have left the Jitterbug on the cable, and that cable now feeds the Hugo 2. However the Hugo 2 is said to not need the Jitterbug because Rob Watts put some filtering in the USB input. I left the Jitterbug there by default though as it can not do any harm. The Jitterbug will filter noise from the PC. The Hugo 2 filtering can work on RFI noise caught by the USB cable.
Same for my setup. The Hugo2 may or may not need them, but I left the Jitterbug/Regen in the circuit from my Hugo1 days. I believe they improved the original hugo for me. So hopefully, they'll at least do no harm and maybe some good.

Apr 4, 2019 at 4:33 PM Post #15,933 of 22,475
Quick question regarding Hugo 2’s line level out. When it is in line level out, does the volume ball appear more light purple than dark purple?

I thought I did it right but the volume appear to be light purple and can be adjusted to white to go up or blue to go down.

If I did it wrong, I wonder if I held down the XFade button during turn on rather than just pressing it.

Apr 4, 2019 at 4:39 PM Post #15,934 of 22,475
Quick question regarding Hugo 2’s line level out. When it is in line level out, does the volume ball appear more light purple than dark purple?

I thought I did it right but the volume appear to be light purple and can be adjusted to white to go up or blue to go down.

If I did it wrong, I wonder if I held down the XFade button during turn on rather than just pressing it.

Yes, it's a light purple.

Apr 4, 2019 at 5:03 PM Post #15,935 of 22,475
Yes, it's a light purple.

Thanks! The instructions made it seem like it would be this dark purple color. However, I thought I did it right and it worked but the color was light purple. Just didn’t want to miss out on maximum audio feels.

Apr 5, 2019 at 1:05 AM Post #15,939 of 22,475
This sounds so fantastic with the H2>WA5>ZMF Vérité, omg, should be going to sleep, but this is so fine!

Apr 5, 2019 at 11:37 PM Post #15,941 of 22,475
Has anyone been able to successfully pair their Hugo 2 with an Apple TV 4K over Bluetooth? The Apple TV 4K can see the Hugo, but when I try to connect, the Apple TV is generating a 4-digit pairing code which is not 0000. So then I get a “pairing code” incorrect error.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
Muski

Apr 6, 2019 at 12:30 AM Post #15,942 of 22,475
Has anyone been able to successfully pair their Hugo 2 with an Apple TV 4K over Bluetooth? The Apple TV 4K can see the Hugo, but when I try to connect, the Apple TV is generating a 4-digit pairing code which is not 0000. So then I get a “pairing code” incorrect error.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
Muski
If you have an iPhone or some other Apple device with the Apple TV app it should show up there I would think

Apr 6, 2019 at 3:31 AM Post #15,943 of 22,475
With Mojo, I found the Audioquest Jitterbug calmed the USB perfectly. I have left the Jitterbug on the cable, and that cable now feeds the Hugo 2. However the Hugo 2 is said to not need the Jitterbug because Rob Watts put some filtering in the USB input. I left the Jitterbug there by default though as it can not do any harm. The Jitterbug will filter noise from the PC. The Hugo 2 filtering can work on RFI noise caught by the USB cable.

Have you tried without the Jitterbug? I ask because I've seen a number of reviews, and indeed a post on this page, which suggest the Jitterbug made a difference but for the negative. Could be worth a try. I've avoided the Jitterbug for this very reason.

Apr 6, 2019 at 11:09 AM Post #15,944 of 22,475
The jitterbug is good for mains connected sources and pointless with battery powered sources IMHO. Personally i would not use it at all. Internal power filtering/regulating in hugo 2 is so so fine.

Last edited:
Apr 6, 2019 at 11:14 AM Post #15,945 of 22,475
Have you tried without the Jitterbug? I ask because I've seen a number of reviews, and indeed a post on this page, which suggest the Jitterbug made a difference but for the negative. Could be worth a try. I've avoided the Jitterbug for this very reason.
Could you point me to a review? I'd like to find out more, so I can decide. And I'd rather not reach around the back of my tower over and over if I can help it. Fat, you know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back