Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread
Jun 27, 2018 at 2:36 PM Post #13,321 of 22,511
Just think, if Germany played like that 79 years ago, the boys really would of, been home in time for xmas.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jun 28, 2018 at 12:35 PM Post #13,324 of 22,511
Hi John / Rob @Rob Watts @Mojo ideas

Are there plans for Stereophile to review Hugo2? Or no current plans?

Cheers!

Not sure, but is it not a little late to review H2 ? It’s been out for a year, doesn’t review sites focus on up and coming or newly released products ?

I have no idea when it comes to audio websites, but most other review sites I see, they usually only deal with new stuff.

I am not saying a H2 review now would be useless, as it’s always good to hear someone elses take on it. I just think it’s a little late for a H2 only review.

However, a H2 + 2go review would be a great idea.

A 2go review needs more cowbell !

Jun 28, 2018 at 12:45 PM Post #13,325 of 22,511
Not sure, but is it not a little late to review H2 ? It’s been out for a year, doesn’t review sites focus on up and coming or newely released products ?

I have no idea when it comes to audio websites, but most other review sites I see, they usually only deal with new stuff.

I am not saying a H2 review now would be useless, as it’s always good to hear someone elses take on it. I just think it’s a little late for a H2 only review.

However, a H2 + 2go review would be a great idea.

A 2go review needs more cowbell !
Maybe Audiostream would be a good place to review H2. I believe Rafe Barnett is open to suggestions, as he's trying to shake-down both InnerFidelity and AudioStream. And, they're associated with SF.

Jun 28, 2018 at 1:06 PM Post #13,326 of 22,511
Maybe Audiostream would be a good place to review H2. I believe Rafe Barnett is open to suggestions, as he's trying to shake-down both InnerFidelity and AudioStream. And, they're associated with SF.

A Hugo 2 + 2go review would be a scoop.

But

Can you Imagine a Hugo 2 + 2go + MScaler all in one review ?

Not only would it be a scoop for whatever website that gets it, but, it will also stop Global Warming and heal the Ozone Layer at the same time.

Who’da thunk it ?

Jun 28, 2018 at 1:18 PM Post #13,327 of 22,511

I am not impressed with Rafe Barnett’s “reviews” so far. He talks more about himself than the product. It feels to me like he’s turning innerfidelity into a kind of vague lifestyle site. Time will tell.

Jun 29, 2018 at 6:17 AM Post #13,332 of 22,511
A Hugo 2 + 2go review would be a scoop.

But

Can you Imagine a Hugo 2 + 2go + MScaler all in one review ?

Not only would it be a scoop for whatever website that gets it, but, it will also stop Global Warming and heal the Ozone Layer at the same time.

Who’da thunk it ?

Just the m-scaler will be enough to stop time for most people on Head-fi.

and I'm not talking about a review...

Jun 29, 2018 at 7:12 AM Post #13,333 of 22,511
Sitting in the sun, beer in hand, 12 noon on a friday and chilling to some H2, yup, drinking on a work day.

Tidal started to play some song and I was digging it.

I dont particulary like the lyrics, but I do like the tune and cant believe 1, I have never heard it before and 2, never heard of the person/group.

I like the bit in the middle with the geetar.

This is the tune.

This forum needs more bandwidth, or a better host or an upgraded server or web optomisation, as at times it’s really slow and sluggish.

Other forums I crash into that also updated to the same software at roughly the same time, they run ultra smooth and have a high visitor / traffic count also.

Jun 29, 2018 at 8:11 AM Post #13,334 of 22,511
Sitting in the sun, beer in hand, 12 noon on a friday and chilling to some H2, yup, drinking on a work day.

Tidal started to play some song and I was digging it.

I dont particulary like the lyrics, but I do like the tune and cant believe 1, I have never heard it before and 2, never heard of the person/group.

I like the bit in the middle with the geetar.

This is the tune.

This forum needs more bandwidth, or a better host or an upgraded server or web optomisation, as at times it’s really slow and sluggish.

Other forums I crash into that also updated to the same software at roughly the same time, they run ultra smooth and have a high visitor / traffic count also.

One of my 'desert Island' tunes, or albums for that matter.

Jun 29, 2018 at 10:27 AM Post #13,335 of 22,511
One of my 'desert Island' tunes, or albums for that matter.

I dont think I have ever heard of him/them ?

But I can hear him saying/singing, that he misses you at nights and is attracted to your eyes UELong, I did wonder why there was two names on the album cover.

Seriously though, it is a good tune and I will check out the album and see what it’s like.

To be honest, I am partial to slow depressing music, especially when I have just finished a bottle of paracetamol and half a litre of vodka, but my wrists keep telling me to cut it out and to focus on the letter that I am in the middle of writing.

I think I can feel “one of my turns” coming on as one of my legs feels un”comfortably numb”, probably caused when I was kicking “the wall” of my neighbours house the other day, as I was needing the bricks to build a barbeque.

My neighbour “Vera”, shouted “is there anybody out there” ? I wanted to “run like hell” but she shouted “hey you” “stop” you’re “on thin ice” and I am going to tell your “mother”.

I said, haha “nobodys home” but I will put “another brick in the wall” to make up for the hole I left, but it will cost you some “money”.

She asked if I had “brain damage”, I said no, but I do have “paranoid eyes” and that one day you will end up in “the fletcher memorial home” for OAP’s

She said, you really are “one of the few” geniuses that inhabit earth, I said, “not now John” as I see “two sunsets in the sun”.

So, I left for “southampton dock” so that I could start “learning to fly”.

On the “heroes return”. I decided enoughs enough and that I wanted to end it all, so I made the “final cut” and said “goodbye cruel world”.

If you can figure it out, give yourself a pat on the back, however there is no prize.

This is what INTJ’s do on a boring and lazy friday afternoon whilst listening to tunes via hugo.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back