Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread
May 3, 2018 at 7:45 PM Post #12,527 of 22,475
i can use the roon app on my phone to the same effect as glider correct? to the other point it would just be adding more to my chain not less. i just have the computer, dac, roon, amp and headphones. i am not interested in removing any of those from the chain so it would just be adding another piece. i dunno if anyone can offer a tangible benefit of sound i would be interested.
If I'm right, you could put your music files directly onto the 2go with DS or microDS cards, eliminating the computer if you want. If I understand Darko's Poly functionality update, you can use it for multiple endpoint formats such as your Roon, NPD, uP&P etc. Of course, it's hard to tell until we see some sort of release announcement from Chord when they're ready.

May 3, 2018 at 8:50 PM Post #12,528 of 22,475
i can use the roon app on my phone to the same effect as glider correct? to the other point it would just be adding more to my chain not less. i just have the computer, dac, roon, amp and headphones. i am not interested in removing any of those from the chain so it would just be adding another piece. i dunno if anyone can offer a tangible benefit of sound i would be interested.

You are connecting the computer to the dac with a cable, right? If it’s optical, and you have no need for portability, you would probably not gain anything. If USB (or you want USB because you are playing hi-res), or you want portability, then 2Go would allow you to not use a cable and stream Roon from your computer to the 2Go/Hugo2 (too akward, maybe “2H2”?). Don’t underestimate th benefit of. Omcable on noise reduction, plus the electrically quiet 2Go. Poly let’s Mojo simply sound incredible with Roon streaming.

May 3, 2018 at 9:27 PM Post #12,529 of 22,475
If all the features are identical to the Poly at minimum, then there are quite a few features:
- SD Card slot to load music
- DLNA server built in to access that music (any DLNA client will work to access the music)
- GoFigure App for iOS and Android to configure the 2Go
- WiFi client (which can access your home WiFi network and receive from streaming apps)
-> Airplay from iOS
-> Client for receiving streaming (from Spotify, Tidal, presumably Deezer, etc.)
- WiFi hotspot capability so you can your smart phone or computer as a WiFi client to connect to it
- Assuming bluetooth capability (Though the H2 already has it) for configuring the 2Go and Quickplay

Because of the extra space the 2Go will have compared to the Poly, I'm guessing that better hardware will be used and everything will function faster and more smoothly.

One possible feature that does not currently exist in the Poly: simultaneous WiFi client and AP functionality, which would allow pass-through to internet. That way, if using your iPhone to connect to the 2Go, WiFi-based internet access would continue to function.

I'm not basing the above off of any article I read, so there could be more. I'm just basing my above feature list off of what the Poly can do. Other folks may have a better idea.
I think I also spotted an Ethernet port on the side of the 2Go? I thought it was strange at first, but I like the idea. I currently pair my H2 with a Sonore µRendu fed by Ethernet. A 2Go with Ethernet would be a similar setup suitable for some desk-based listening.

May 3, 2018 at 10:23 PM Post #12,530 of 22,475
I think I also spotted an Ethernet port on the side of the 2Go? I thought it was strange at first, but I like the idea. I currently pair my H2 with a Sonore µRendu fed by Ethernet. A 2Go with Ethernet would be a similar setup suitable for some desk-based listening.

Ohhhhhhhh ethernet would be huge. With dlna server capability, could possibly also have fast smb or cifs nas over ethernet. Wow, that would be crazy awesome.

No pressure.

Last edited:
May 3, 2018 at 10:52 PM Post #12,532 of 22,475
You are connecting the computer to the dac with a cable, right? If it’s optical, and you have no need for portability, you would probably not gain anything. If USB (or you want USB because you are playing hi-res), or you want portability, then 2Go would allow you to not use a cable and stream Roon from your computer to the 2Go/Hugo2 (too akward, maybe “2H2”?). Don’t underestimate th benefit of. Omcable on noise reduction, plus the electrically quiet 2Go. Poly let’s Mojo simply sound incredible with Roon streaming.
didn't rob watts make a big thing about how the hugo 2 has no noise/jitter from usb? if so
i am curious as to how much of a difference streaming from roon on my mac to the 2 go would make? i have heard that the micro rendu does make a difference as well.

May 4, 2018 at 8:31 AM Post #12,533 of 22,475
If for home use only and if h2 is usb or optical wired in from a computer i don't believe 2go will improve the sound quality. For mobile in/out of home it's a different story and 2go will perform to a very high standard. If you only listen sat in front of your pc or Mac then IMHO 2go is not needed. As i listen to my mojo optical at home i held back for this reason from a poly purchase. I'm sure some will disagree with my reasoning here.

Last edited:
May 4, 2018 at 8:37 AM Post #12,534 of 22,475
For home use only and if h2 is usb or optical wired in from a computer i don't believe 2go will improve the sound quality. For mobile in/out of home it's a different story and 2go will perform to a very high standard. If you only listen sat in front of your pc or Mac then IMHO go2 is not needed.

Chord doesn’t claim sound improvement for 2Go or Poly.

In terms of sitting in front of a computer, 2Go is designed for portability.

May 4, 2018 at 8:51 AM Post #12,535 of 22,475
I did clearly state for mobile use its a different story. Also with the amount of increased feedback on the poly thread concerning the great sound quality of mojopoly it is an important point worth considering. I almost spent 500 pounds on a poly in the hope that streaming roon at home would sound better than mojo optical to my iMac which with hindsight I now don't believe. For portable use mojopoly is unmatched. Continuing from the discussion above this is my opinion.

May 4, 2018 at 9:40 AM Post #12,536 of 22,475
Anyone found out if 2go has a remote ?

Last edited by a moderator:
May 4, 2018 at 12:05 PM Post #12,539 of 22,475
I did clearly state for mobile use its a different story. Also with the amount of increased feedback on the poly thread concerning the great sound quality of mojopoly it is an important point worth considering. I almost spent 500 pounds on a poly in the hope that streaming roon at home would sound better than mojo optical to my iMac which with hindsight I now don't believe. For portable use mojopoly is unmatched. Continuing from the discussion above this is my opinion.

I read that by quite a few people too. I'm not really sure I agree that the MojoPoly playing from the Poly's SD Card is better than sending files through the USB connection from my iMac. It sounds the same to me.

Meh, my ears are weak, so, probably there is a difference and I just can't hear it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back