Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread
Sep 14, 2017 at 1:06 PM Post #7,966 of 22,537
This is correct; but it's more than linear interpolation - it's actually a 3 stage filter running at 2048 FS. The first stage is linear interpolation, the second two stages are IIR low pass filters, all three filters work at 2048 FS.
Sorry, I saw your post after posting mine. Thank you very much for your clarification!!

Sep 14, 2017 at 2:21 PM Post #7,968 of 22,537
Hi all,

Anybody knows if is there any worldwide problems with Hugo2 production and stock?

Thanks!
None at all really but our production is running way more than our original planning and orders for Hugo2's are running more than we are producing so we are ratcheting up production to match demand and we will continue to do so if needed.

Sep 14, 2017 at 3:35 PM Post #7,970 of 22,537
None at all really but our production is running way more than our original planning and orders for Hugo2's are running more than we are producing so we are ratcheting up production to match demand and we will continue to do so if needed.
I thought that the original number of pre-orders was impressive, but it looks like you are already riding a wave of new orders. :relaxed:

Sep 14, 2017 at 3:38 PM Post #7,971 of 22,537
Nice to hear of a headphones shop I did not already know.
Well I won't be in Singapore until the second week of October. But if you have HUGO 2s both in stock and for audition, I'll definitely come by with my HUGO and my laptop and my HEKV2 for my first audition of Hugo2 .If it sounds clearly better to me than both my HUGO and my Benchmark DAC2 and your pricing is one I can digest,maybe I'll even buy one.
Are you actually located in the main Sim Lim Square Mall opposite Little India? If so,on which floor?
Or are you in the other Mall across the road on the Little India side?
PS. Do you by any chance have any trade-in deal on HUGO to HUGO2?
While I am asking one more question, do you also stock earpads for Sennheiser HD800?
Cheers Christer
Maybe Rob would autograph one for you in advance :grin:

Sep 14, 2017 at 4:11 PM Post #7,972 of 22,537
This is correct; but it's more than linear interpolation - it's actually a 3 stage filter running at 2048 FS. The first stage is linear interpolation, the second two stages are IIR low pass filters, all three filters work at 2048 FS.

Thanks Rob and @Arpiben

And wow these are high sample rates

So everything is up-sampled to ~91MHz or ~99MHz

Wowza. I thought my Directstream went high up to ~50MHz

Last edited:
Sep 14, 2017 at 11:06 PM Post #7,973 of 22,537
Looking for an amp to pair this with, preferably something portable for the office. Is the general consensus that the vorzuge pure II+ good with this?

Sep 15, 2017 at 3:02 AM Post #7,975 of 22,537
Is there consensus over which input sounds best? I've seen various comments with most favouring the coax. I've tried searching but would welcome further thoughts...

Enjoying my new Hugo 2!

Hugo2-Noble-Encore_DSF8339.jpg

Sep 15, 2017 at 1:43 PM Post #7,977 of 22,537
Is there consensus over which input sounds best? I've seen various comments with most favouring the coax. I've tried searching but would welcome further thoughts...

Enjoying my new Hugo 2!

What DAP is that? Looks cool with the black Hugo 2...

On input I have heard USB is just as good as optical so I would guess either of those 2, whatever suits you and your gear best... I use optical where I can as normally to me that is somewhat warmer which for my system balance is the best...

Last edited:
Sep 15, 2017 at 2:01 PM Post #7,978 of 22,537
What DAP is that? Looks cool with the black Hugo 2...

On input I have heard USB is just as good as optical so I would guess either of those 2, whatever suits you and your gear best... I use optical where I can as normally to me that is somewhat warmer which for my system balance is the best...

Its a Shanling M1, mine pairs very well with every USB DAC I've tried it with, DFR, Mojo and Hugo 2.

Sep 15, 2017 at 4:30 PM Post #7,979 of 22,537
May I ask for some authoritative explanation why coax input (or whatever else) sounds better than the other inputs? Preferably someone from Chord. They are all digital inputs. It must be due to internal implementation, right?

Enjoying my new Hugo 2!

Sep 15, 2017 at 5:23 PM Post #7,980 of 22,537
May I ask for some authoritative explanation why coax input (or whatever else) sounds better than the other inputs? Preferably someone from Chord. They are all digital inputs. It must be due to internal implementation, right?

No. It's due to external interference. Optical has no such issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back