Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread
Jul 12, 2017 at 1:48 AM Post #5,627 of 22,475
I've downloaded the windows 10 creators update driver, installed hugo 2 via USB its on, but I cant get any sound out of it. what am I doing wrong here? my mojo just worked no issues, this I cant get sound at all

edit fixed it, stupid computer defaulted to speakers not dac, all sorted

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2017 at 2:19 AM Post #5,630 of 22,475
The new man purse thread. :smirk:

Why should we discriminate, ladies multi purpose bags are also welcome :ksc75smile:

giphy.gif

Jul 12, 2017 at 2:27 AM Post #5,631 of 22,475
Just ordered ifi IEMmatch.
Using my new Kaiser Encore too much RF noise with quiet music (classical) - JH 13Pro similar RF noise level (a bit less), Shure 846 worse
No such problem with full size cans

Jul 12, 2017 at 5:00 AM Post #5,635 of 22,475
On the virge of ordering one. I guess my hp purchase will have to wait until more impressios are shared, re: synergy. Anyway, I have a concern. You guys are probably going to flame me bad...

I currently use a Pono player... Yeah, that thing. I actually find it to be very nice sounding, very open, airy, life-like. Now, I'm quite a newb, I only have a few sources I've been able to compare it to. I use it with K10 via balanced silver cables. I know the Hugo line doesn't require balanced to get the best result, but it's a good boost for the Pono. Anyway, to keep it short, the most notable comparison is the NW-ZX2 my friend has. I found that to be muddy in comparison, not life-like at all.

I see reviews of the best of AK and the new NW-WM1Z as being warm, giving me thoughts of that ZX2 being not life-like. I'm sorry, I can't explain it better. It just sounds as if listening through a wall. The Pono never gave me that impression, though I'm sure there could be better. But, after sampling that ZX2, I stayed away from the urge to upgrade for a while. Scared it could be something of a dissapointment in sound. Especially anything described as warm sounding.

I have kept an eye on Chord though, always described as revealing, never warm. With H2 out now, so far it seems even better. I still do enjoy my Pono, but I really want to take that next step. Really want to know what I'd be getting into, as I don't have opportunity to audition much here in Phx. I only have 1 audiophile friend, with that mud-brick ZX2 (don't tell him I said that, lol).

Anybody that could give me a quick comparison? Currawong? Since you started that Pono thread anyway...

I hope I gave enough info so you know my sonic preference...

Hugo 2 has a wonderful natural quality and openess. I, like you, dislike warmth, to me its not 'musical' as is often portrayed. If the Hugo 2 is too big or heavy for your pockets, I think the Questyle QP1R would suit you very well. Dynamic and lively and to me beats any other solo DAPs I've heard.

Jul 12, 2017 at 5:13 AM Post #5,636 of 22,475
How frustrating. I went to listen to my new H2 last night and completely forgot about iPhone's current cutting out problem with DACs. Argh! I don't have another source at the moment.

From the fragments I did listen to, however, I am so pleased to be back in the land of Hugo goodness. I'd mistakenly replaced my H1 with a Mojo, which I now find too soft, dark and closed-in.

More thoughts in a few days.

Jul 12, 2017 at 6:30 AM Post #5,637 of 22,475
So just so I understand the Hugo 2 has bluetooth, so if I activate this, comnect it to my phone and set up a pair of non bluetooth speakers I can feed the audio via blutooth from say my Apple music app > to Chord Hugo 2 > would play out of non bluetooth speakers?

Is that correct?

Edit: this would also give me remote controlled speakers using the hugo 2 remote for volume as well?

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2017 at 6:53 AM Post #5,638 of 22,475
So just so I understand the Hugo 2 has bluetooth, so if I activate this, comnect it to my phone and set up a pair of non bluetooth speakers I can feed the audio via blutooth from say my Apple music app > to Chord Hugo 2 > would play out of non bluetooth speakers?

Is that correct?

Edit: this would also give me remote controlled speakers using the hugo 2 remote for volume as well?

Only incoming Bluetooth, cant send to speakers wirelessly. Or did you mean wired to speakers?

Jul 12, 2017 at 6:58 AM Post #5,639 of 22,475
Only incoming Bluetooth, cant send to speakers wirelessly. Or did you mean wired to speakers?

Like connect my speakers via pre amp on the hugo 2, connect phone to hugo 2 via bluetooth, play music from phone that's bluetooth connected to Hugo 2 music comes out speakers.

Does that make sense would that work?

Phone bluetooth > chord hugo 2 conects to phone > speakers wired in via hugo 2 pre amp > music comes out of speakers that I play from phone

Jul 12, 2017 at 7:10 AM Post #5,640 of 22,475
Like connect my speakers via pre amp on the hugo 2, connect phone to hugo 2 via bluetooth, play music from phone that's bluetooth connected to Hugo 2 music comes out speakers.

Does that make sense would that work?

Phone bluetooth > chord hugo 2 conects to phone > speakers wired in via hugo 2 pre amp > music comes out of speakers that I play from phone

That's feasible via Phono Line Outs. Whether volume is sufficient without Active (amplified) speakers is another thing (I haven't been reading Dave thread :) )

Users who are viewing this thread

Back