Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread
Jan 25, 2017 at 10:42 AM Post #452 of 22,546
Don't underrate the delight of anticipation! Still two months of it (or so)!
tongue_smile.gif

Jan 25, 2017 at 12:05 PM Post #454 of 22,546
Another request for galvanic isolation please. Turning H2 into TTLite

Jan 25, 2017 at 2:21 PM Post #458 of 22,546
  I can't wait to try the Hugo2

Man, you guys have some really whacky suggestions for what the hugo2poly should do.  They sure opened the flood gates by suggesting we should make suggestions.  
popcorn.gif

o2smile.gif

beerchug.gif

LOL!
I´m quite curious how Chord will handle all those "disappointments" in the end.
They should have already some experiences with the expectations of Poly. 
Now, i have to admit that i want this galvanic stuff too despite i have no clue for what. 
Life is too short for bad tones!

Jan 25, 2017 at 2:36 PM Post #459 of 22,546
Maybe we should talk to Chord Electronics and make a poll,and vote what features to be added with the module.
The highest vote wins,added the features and that how it should be build for us the audiophile community :thumbsup:

Cloud Cuckoo Land i am afraid.

If you make it binding that the feature with the highest vote has to be added, then you leave Chord wide open to 500 hackers organising themselves, and at the last minute voting for the case must be manufactured from chocolate.

A poll can only provide suggestions - once you make the poll results mandatory, you present the manufacturer with a business risk.

Jan 25, 2017 at 2:41 PM Post #460 of 22,546
Maybe we should talk to Chord Electronics and make a poll,and vote what features to be added with the module.

The highest vote wins,added the features and that how it should be build for us the audiophile community :thumbsup:

If you make it binding that the feature with the highest vote has to be added, then you leave Chord wide open to 500 hackers organising themselves, and at the last minute voting for the case must be manufactured from chocolate.

A poll can only provide suggestions - once you make the poll results mandatory, you present the manufacturer with a business risk.

From what i gathered the module or any module for Hugo2 is far away, design and features wise.
So to play safe I think is still plenty of time to add the features me and others request, as long as they are not exaggerated!

Jan 25, 2017 at 2:48 PM Post #461 of 22,546
From what i gathered the module or any module for Hugo2 is far away, design and features wise.
So to play safe I think is still plenty of time to add the features me and others request, as long as they are not exaggerated!

Something that is an ordinary feature to one person, is an exagerated feature to another person.
Once you allow/require some individual to judge which features are exagerated, and thus not mandatory, then the poll will only generate a selection of recommendations, which can never satisfy everyone.

Jan 25, 2017 at 3:20 PM Post #462 of 22,546

Only the finest darkest and most delicious though

Jan 25, 2017 at 3:25 PM Post #463 of 22,546
Jan 25, 2017 at 3:39 PM Post #464 of 22,546
Only the finest darkest and most delicious though

Most if not all of my colleagues will agree with you that there is nothing to beat fine dark chocolate.
It is almost mandatory with the morning team coffee at 9am.

I however have spent too many years being trained with Cadbury's Dairy Milk, so I find it difficult to migrate totally to the dark side - but practice is ongoing.
regular_smile .gif

Jan 25, 2017 at 6:36 PM Post #465 of 22,546
Hi, i noticed that the hugo2 will come with 3 crossfeed levels but not the ability to disable crossfeed
As the remote suggests the hugo2 is intended for use in home setups where crossfeed may not be desired for a pair of full sized speakers in addition to its use as a portable unit.

Is an option to disable crossfeed an option we could see in the production unit?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back