Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread
Oct 31, 2018 at 9:43 AM Post #14,658 of 22,475
These should be toys but they're not because of our sensitivities to the music. To someone looking in they may just think expensive gadgets and even when i explain to friends they don't get it. I actually need a Gucci H2/HMS 2018 Autumn carry bag. It would certainly get the girls looking setting up a H2/HMS on battery power in Starbucks lol.

Oct 31, 2018 at 9:49 AM Post #14,659 of 22,475
I’m too cool for skewl

Seriously though, the cheaper Chord products are aimed at the 30/40s crowd with expendable income to buy toys like these, and to be honest, in my age group, every single person I know would never wear it over the shoulder. Seriously.

I think the shoulder bag is mostly for people who wear sandals. Please, nobody tell me that they wear sandals, as it will spoil the impression I have of how some regular headfi users look like.

Disclaimer. Hospital Medical staff are excluded from my impressions, thus they are allowed to wear sandals, but only at work.

Looking at Hugo and Hugo 2 cases, Hugo 2’s case is the clear winner. To see it on the net, it maybe does not look great, but in your hands it’s excellent quality, so much so I would of paid double for it.

As for the folk who were asking about links for the cases that are selling for £80, google is your friend. Both cases were selling for roughly 80, mojo n poly and hugo 2.

Edit

Your link Mike, I can understand where you are going with that, travelling to work, or sitting on a train, and I can see how they would be used.

Maybe I’m from a different era, but although I like the look of the bag in the link, leather etc, it’s not something thats for me, or any of the people I know. Different strokes for different folks.
Im on the go, meaning walking, buses, trains, and taxis, 3 hrs a day. I use the Hugo in my pants pocket.

Oct 31, 2018 at 12:24 PM Post #14,660 of 22,475
Im on the go, meaning walking, buses, trains, and taxis, 3 hrs a day. I use the Hugo in my pants pocket.

That is how I roll.

Either in the pocket of my jacket or in my jeans pocket, mainly mojo and poly in the jeans pocket, but hugo fits in the knee side pocket of my combats, fits like a glove.

Last edited:
Oct 31, 2018 at 2:36 PM Post #14,661 of 22,475
What source do you feed hugo OTG?

Oct 31, 2018 at 8:13 PM Post #14,662 of 22,475
EDIT.

I posted in the wrong thread, my mistake.

Last edited:
Nov 1, 2018 at 1:17 AM Post #14,664 of 22,475
does anyone else feel like the filter settings of the Hugo 2 and qutest are very subtle? I can only hear a very slight difference in between the 4 settings.

Depends on how resolving your system/headphones are, as well as your hearing. I definitely notice differences, especially in the treble detail.

Nov 1, 2018 at 5:14 AM Post #14,665 of 22,475
With the new Apple iPad Pros coming out next week, how do I connect them to my Mojos and Hugo2 given that they are USB 3.1 over USB-C. The new camera connector kit is USB-C to SD card reader and there is not a USB-C to USB-A connector listed. Perhaps they do not have the Lightning type authentication but I somehow doubt that.

Nov 1, 2018 at 5:46 AM Post #14,666 of 22,475
With the new Apple iPad Pros coming out next week, how do I connect them to my Mojos and Hugo2 given that they are USB 3.1 over USB-C. The new camera connector kit is USB-C to SD card reader and there is not a USB-C to USB-A connector listed. Perhaps they do not have the Lightning type authentication but I somehow doubt that.
I'm thinking this should help: https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/prod...damsI1vn0DOyhOx2nDG4J2K0SN8rQxZBoC64YQAvD_BwE. Can be found cheaper on ebay.

Last edited:
Nov 1, 2018 at 7:04 AM Post #14,667 of 22,475
Thanks so much for that. I do own one as I use it with my Hugo2 and my MacBook Pro, but I wonder if it will work as the MacBook is Thunderbolt and the iPad is USB 3.1, albeit both on the same USB C form factor. I guess I will find out next week. I had hoped that it might just work with a USB C to micro USB cable. Thanks again for taking the time to respond and dig out the link.

Nov 1, 2018 at 8:49 AM Post #14,668 of 22,475
does anyone else feel like the filter settings of the Hugo 2 and qutest are very subtle? I can only hear a very slight difference in between the 4 settings.
Cool user name. I don't notice much (if any) diference between the straight and rolled-off filters. But, I notice a transient dulling with the orange/red filters. When listening to bass notes, I find the imaging spreads out a bit and becomes less defined in staging position; as well as just a wee bit bloated. I just stick with the white. I'm still trying, once in a while, to see if I can hear the slightly cleaner sound from hi-res files with the green filter, that Rob says is the purpose. It's meant to filter out that supersonic noise that comes with hi-res tracks. I haven't heard the benefits yet. Bare in mind I'm 56 and have played in bands as an adult.

Nov 1, 2018 at 9:08 AM Post #14,669 of 22,475
@wasupdog , @UELong is correct that two of the filters are intended to benefit hi-res music files the most.
For those of us using RBCD files, the effects are subtle, and can sometimes be difficult to hear.
I tend to leave my H2 on white filter, because like some other posters, I think it helps me to detect the start/stop of piano notes better.

Nov 1, 2018 at 10:51 AM Post #14,670 of 22,475
Short video showing my Hugo 2 used in my desktop set up:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back