Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread
Sep 3, 2018 at 12:19 AM Post #14,131 of 22,522
How does one enable the desktop mode? I'm assuming the H2 needs to be left on for longer than 24 hours because I've had it plugged in without unplugging the mains for several days and it still charges the battery while/after using it. But I've been turning it off when not using it (while leaving it plugged in).

Last edited:
Sep 3, 2018 at 3:19 AM Post #14,132 of 22,522
Did anyone tried different DAP transport for Hugo2 and found any difference. In other terms data are data or have you found some DAPs are better sources for Hugo2?

Sep 3, 2018 at 3:23 AM Post #14,133 of 22,522
How does one enable the desktop mode? I'm assuming the H2 needs to be left on for longer than 24 hours because I've had it plugged in without unplugging the mains for several days and it still charges the battery while/after using it. But I've been turning it off when not using it (while leaving it plugged in).
Don't turn it off. Leave it on for 24 hours and it will go into desktop mode.

Sep 3, 2018 at 11:20 AM Post #14,136 of 22,522
Not in my experience - and optical either sounds the same as USB or is warmer. The challenge is to make USB sound as good as optical!

Rob... I get connecting optical via a Laptop/DAP to a DAC but say you're using a CD-Player to connect to a DAC, what would be best 'optical' or RCA?.. out of personal/selfish interest like.

Sep 3, 2018 at 12:19 PM Post #14,138 of 22,522
Optical... Don't be seduced to the dark side of RF noise...

Naughty. RF doesn’t have a dark side aka darkness. It is brightness all the way!

Don’t confuse the poor chap.

Sep 3, 2018 at 12:45 PM Post #14,140 of 22,522
Naughty. RF doesn’t have a dark side aka darkness. It is brightness all the way!

Don’t confuse the poor chap.

firstly, I hate a bright system reminds me of certain brand which I shan't naim, love a bit of warmth me.

I really don't do 'tech', tech to me is like owning a car so if something goes wrong or I need advice I'll ask the engineer, saves me from any confusion... I think that's right.

Sep 3, 2018 at 11:44 PM Post #14,142 of 22,522
You have to also have music playing thru the chord for 24 hrs otherwise the chord auto switches off. After 24 hrs, once the charging light goes violet ish it will stay on even if music is not playing.

Sep 3, 2018 at 11:50 PM Post #14,143 of 22,522
You have to also have music playing thru the chord for 24 hrs otherwise the chord auto switches off. After 24 hrs, once the charging light goes violet ish it will stay on even if music is not playing.

Really? That seems a bit overkill just to get the feature active.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back