Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread
Jul 21, 2018 at 1:25 PM Post #13,501 of 22,475
Hoping a clarification from Chord asap regarding the compatibility with the Hugo2...
But in any case great news for Chord fans.

What is more than clear is that Chord is not going to release the 2Go until closing the Poly development...

Jul 21, 2018 at 1:28 PM Post #13,502 of 22,475
Hoping a clarification from Chord asap regarding the compatibility with the Hugo2...
But in any case great news for Chord fans.

What is more than clear is that Chord is not going to release the 2Go until closing the Poly development...
That's a reasonable assumption. Hoping some software engineers are working on whatever bugs infest the Poly before 2go is ready.

Jul 21, 2018 at 1:32 PM Post #13,503 of 22,475
‘Punish”, you say “punish”?

“Punishment” is children driven from their countries and living in refugee camps. “Punishment” is seeing loved ones dying from incurablele disease.

I am talking about delaying the release of an expensive toy for a couple of months so that a company can show some respect to existing customers by applying additional resources where it’s really needed

You really need to have a good look at yourself.

Really? You need to source a good dictionary!
If you live your life consumed with bitterness over Poly, the end result of that bitterness will be an increased inflammatory response within your body, and a reduced life expectancy - your choice.
Or as described more simply by Voltaire 'I have decided to be happy, because it’s good for my health.'

Jul 21, 2018 at 1:45 PM Post #13,504 of 22,475
Note that I wrote «flawlessly»! Instead of pretending your thing, ask Kakki if he's got the full 1 million taps, indicated by dual data mode and 705.6 or 768 kHz!

You're basing things on an assumption since the Blu2 CD player works? We're not talking about that product and Chord themselves (so far at least) has in fact stated the Hugo M Scaler does not work to full potential with the Hugo 2. They may be wrong, but we should not assume so until we get the official word, or they update their specs for it.

Last edited:
Jul 21, 2018 at 1:57 PM Post #13,505 of 22,475
Potentially confirmation:

Just back from canjam. I asked if the M scaler would work with Hugo2, answer was yes. It would not work with original Hugo.
The sound from tt2 with the upscaler was phenomenal even in the very far from favourable listening conditions. That probably doesn’t say much to any of you as I didn’t hear tt2 by itself to compare and you don’t know my listening preferences but it was still an immersive experience. Time to rob a bank

Jul 21, 2018 at 2:01 PM Post #13,507 of 22,475
You're basing things on an assumption since the Blu2 CD player works? We're not talking about that product and Chord themselves (so far at least) has in fact stated the Hugo M Scaler does not work to full potential with the Hugo 2. They may be wrong, but we should not assume so until we get the official word, or they update their specs for it.
They did NOT say the above. Through oversight, they didn't mention the H2 at all!
Y'know this is supposed to be an ocasion for celebration for those who wished for this product. It is beyond my means at present, but I'm glad to hear they did-or may have-listened to their customers's wishes. And when the 2go comes along, I'll be equally pleased, hoping I can buy it. It's a great day, guys/girls.
Same co-axes, same FPGA programming: I'm going to assume it CAN work with Hugo2, until I hear different. PS: I guess we were right all along.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jul 21, 2018 at 2:02 PM Post #13,508 of 22,475
Could it be that the previous peeps who had hugo2 and blu2 working together experienced an increase in sq, but not the full potential?
And if that were the case, then chords marketing material would be correct.
But I really want it to work with hugo 2 to its full potential.

Jul 21, 2018 at 2:03 PM Post #13,509 of 22,475
Jul 21, 2018 at 2:04 PM Post #13,510 of 22,475
Could it be that the previous peeps who had hugo2 and blu2 working together experienced an increase in sq, but not the full potential?
And if that were the case, then chords marketing material would be correct.
But I really want it to work with hugo 2 to its full potential.

Native BNC jacks are always going to be more impedance true, and performant, than going through some sorta of BNC to Coaxial adapter. So maybe this has something to do with it.

Jul 21, 2018 at 2:13 PM Post #13,511 of 22,475
Potentially confirmation:

Yeah, confirmation was known months ago by user experience and Rob. Not sure why you read an omission in marketing material and come to definitive conclusions.

Given the size and portability of the Hugo2 it doesn’t have BNC but has dual coaxial for the M scaler (Blu2 and now the stand alone). Likely the omission in the marketing material is because it’s a 3.5mm dual coaxial input and not a BNC connection. To say the Qutest is fine but the Hugo2 is not is, quite frankly, tiring and misleading.

The reason I wanted dual coaxial inputs was for two reasons; convenience in having extra inputs for desktop mode; and having the ability to work in dual data mode for use with M scalers (768kHz 24 bit).

Given that two inputs are needed, there is no way I can put two BNC inputs onto Hugo 2 and for the unit to still be a transportable device. The benefit of the headphone jack is it is small and yet still allows 768 kHz operation.

Rob

Definitive confirmation below... please let it rest...

Hi Rob!
So if i understand this correct, you are going to take full benefit of the M-Scalers 1 M Tap with the dual coax inputs on Hugo2 then?

Can you please confirm if this is correct?

Best Regards

Fredrik

Yes absolutely, dual data mode works... Putting in a source switch colour (cyan) to indicate the dual data mode as I type.

Last edited:
Jul 21, 2018 at 2:17 PM Post #13,512 of 22,475
Mediahound...

Rob has confirmed in the past that you get the full 1 million taps with the Hugo₂ and a BNC/dual-coax adapter, so there's no question about it. Again, ask Kakki if he's got 705.6 and 768 kHz via dual-data mode! Technically, there's virtually no difference between Hugo₂ and Qutest, apart from the dual-data-mode input type. And if we know that the adapter is no problem, it's safe to say that both Qutest and Hugo₂ benefit from the full 1 million taps from both M Scalers both with the same output data. A 768 kHz data stream doesn't remember from which kind of M Scaler it has been sent. :relaxed:

Last edited:
Jul 21, 2018 at 2:19 PM Post #13,513 of 22,475
Yeah, confirmation was known months ago by user experience and Rob. Not sure why you read an omission in marketing material and come to definitive conclusions.

Given the size and portability of the Hugo2 it doesn’t have BNC but has dual coaxial for the M scaler (Blu2 and now the stand alone). Likely the omission in the marketing material is because it’s a 3.5mm dual coaxial input and not a BNC connection. To say the Qutest is fine but the Hugo2 is not is, quite frankly, tiring and misleading.

Definitive confirmation below... please let it rest...

Great news!!!

Jul 21, 2018 at 2:23 PM Post #13,514 of 22,475
Thanks, Relic! You're an excellent finder!

Jul 21, 2018 at 2:38 PM Post #13,515 of 22,475
To say the Qutest is fine but the Hugo2 is not is, quite frankly, tiring and misleading.

Chord should change (or fire) their marketing then :)

They specifically list which DACs on their webpage and the Hugo 2 is not listed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back