Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread
Jun 22, 2018 at 6:32 PM Post #13,276 of 22,546
Check it out, it also comes in black, excellent.

So how much is the table cloth ?

Jun 23, 2018 at 4:47 AM Post #13,277 of 22,546
My Hugo 2 is flashing its power light again.

Using the supplied power adapter and supplied usb cable.

Hugo 2 plugged in at wall and fully charged and just finished about 3-4 hours of listening to some tunes.

Turn off Hugo via the remote, the power light turns white, then 2 minutes later it starts flashing once every 3 - 5 seconds.

On both ocassions that it has flashed white, turning on Hugo via the remote and then off again seems to cure the problem.

This is the second time this has happened, is this indicative of a fault in Hugo 2 or solely related to the supplied charger ?

A sudden dip in the mains triggers the light to flash, once the dip in power is corrected, would the light stop flashing ?

Hugo has only been used with the supplied charger and usb wire that came with it for powering/charging.

So, does it just look like a glitch ? Or is my H2 on its way to the knackery ?

Forgot to add, Hugo 2 was in desktop mode and has been like that for a few months.

It still sounds like a champ though.

thought I'd ask Chord about the problems you were having with your Hugo-2 the reply is below, if the advice given doesn't fix things, go to your Dealer and they'll advise accordingly... I'm here if you need any further help.

"It sounds like a charger issue but can you ask the customer to try one thing first. Unplug the charger and make sure Hugo2 is switched off. Plug the charger back in and check you get the white charge light staying on. Leave it like this until the charge light goes out and Hugo2 is fully charged. Then switch on and use as normal. This will just make sure that the batteries have a full charge cycle".

Jun 23, 2018 at 6:49 AM Post #13,279 of 22,546
you really are a nosey Phuca... the table-cloth is expensive, real expensive, it's actually Premier-League expensive so do you really want to know?
Does it reduce jitter?

Jun 23, 2018 at 7:42 AM Post #13,281 of 22,546
thought I'd ask Chord about the problems you were having with your Hugo-2 the reply is below, if the advice given doesn't fix things, go to your Dealer and they'll advise accordingly... I'm here if you need any further help.

"It sounds like a charger issue but can you ask the customer to try one thing first. Unplug the charger and make sure Hugo2 is switched off. Plug the charger back in and check you get the white charge light staying on. Leave it like this until the charge light goes out and Hugo2 is fully charged. Then switch on and use as normal. This will just make sure that the batteries have a full charge cycle".

Yea, I am thinking its either a charger issue or possibly a dip of the mains.

I say that as Hugo is 24/7 kept in desktop mode and it performs flawlessy and the light never flashes while it is being used, and either turning on hugo and turning it off again via the remote and unplugging and replugging the charger both ways stops the light from flashing.

I didnt want to do this but I will try my own anker charger instead of the one that came with hugo, am sure it wont hurt and its rated at 4.8 amps so it has ample power.

After that there is one other thing that I can try, instead of plugging Hugo into a 6 way gang extension, I will plug it straight into the lamp post that I am stealing free power from.

I am sure 9682 jigganiggawiggawatts wont hurt the 5v usb port.

Thanks for the help :wink:

Now I just have to track down a Chord leather case that says Mojo and Poly, my one just says Mojo and a blank space where poly should be. < not the Van Nuys Case.

Jun 23, 2018 at 8:33 AM Post #13,283 of 22,546
you really are a nosey Phuca... the table-cloth is expensive, real expensive, it's actually Premier-League expensive so do you really want to know?

How much and can it play Crysis ?

Sorry, wrong forum.

I meant to ask, can it do native dsd 2048 ?

If not, I will pass.

The duchy on the left hand side.

Jun 23, 2018 at 10:37 AM Post #13,285 of 22,546
43946E3F-24CC-4CCB-BA25-B7DCFD79538D.jpeg
I had a lot of fun w the 50th Anniversary Sgt. Pepper with Hugo 2 and continue to enjoy it.

For Christmas I’m hoping to surprise myself w 2Go under the tree and put 50th Anniversary edition of The White Album on its SD card.

Recognizing dopamine influence from music on an adolescent with increased hormonal response, it’s especially exciting for me to have H2 open me to new music.

I continue to pace H2 giving new insight into old music while simultaneously inspiring me to new music.

With classical, I’m no longer listening to compilations or “greatest” series, but the artists.

In folk, rock, etc, I’ve found new appreciation for artists’ lesser known tracks.

Sometimes on the move, I use H2 with blue tooth out of convenience but the thought of taking a 400gb card and not losing audio quality? Wow-we!

On the first day of summer I asked my wife Heather, “So, just how many shopping days till Christmas?”

She loves her Poly and takes her with her wherever she goes.

Here’s hoping 2Go launches in time for the holidays!

Last edited:
Jun 23, 2018 at 11:04 AM Post #13,286 of 22,546
I had a lot of fun w the 50th Anniversary Sgt. Pepper with Hugo 2 and continue to enjoy it... For Christmas I’m hoping to surprise myself w 2Go under the tree and put 50th Anniversary edition of The White Album on its SD card.

looks like you have a budding Ringo playing alongside you there Peter... here's the latest news from Sir Paul on youtube regarding his recent trip back to Liverpool, 7.5 mill views in two days not bad for a old-timer (almost as popular as one of my Chord post on Head-Fi :wink:), the good bit starts 16mins in, enjoy.

Last edited:
Jun 23, 2018 at 2:01 PM Post #13,288 of 22,546
I don't do technical, that's Rob... footie yes, technical no.

ps... those Flems are choking Tunisia... :wink:

Gutted if you get our Wilshere on a free!

Last edited:
Jun 23, 2018 at 3:55 PM Post #13,290 of 22,546
looks like you have a budding Ringo playing alongside you there Peter... here's the latest news from Sir Paul on youtube regarding his recent trip back to Liverpool, 7.5 mill views in two days not bad for a old-timer (almost as popular as one of my Chord post on Head-Fi :wink:), the good bit starts 16mins in, enjoy.

Like him or not, for someone with his level of success, his language indicates a remarkable humility.

I think the show is clever. The faces of the older patrons? Priceless.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back