Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread
Oct 22, 2019 at 4:23 AM Post #17,251 of 22,516
Hugo2 plus mscaler first. then after 6 months or a year add TT2. Step by step. That's my best advice. The mscaler comes first with 1 million taps because of its musicality.

Oct 22, 2019 at 7:30 AM Post #17,253 of 22,516
Hey there!

I am considering purchasing a Hugo2, but my use case is limited to IEMs only

Would there be any hiss with some of the more sensitive options such as the Katana? There's a fair bit on the Mojo in my experience

Thanks for the info!

Oct 22, 2019 at 7:34 AM Post #17,255 of 22,516
Hugo2 plus mscaler first. then after 6 months or a year add TT2. Step by step. That's my best advice. The mscaler comes first with 1 million taps because of its musicality.

OK this is nice path to take now. I've ordered the Hugo2 and in few months will add the M Scaler. I see now that i will not be able to use my Tellurium Q Black Diamond USB cable with Hugo2 since its a different connection input, any suggestion on improved cabling there ? (since i will probably put my TQ cable on sell).

Oct 22, 2019 at 7:41 AM Post #17,257 of 22,516
Hey there!

I am considering purchasing a Hugo2, but my use case is limited to IEMs only

Would there be any hiss with some of the more sensitive options such as the Katana? There's a fair bit on the Mojo in my experience

Thanks for the info!
I recently got few days ago Hugo2 for my AKG K3003i. No hiss at all.
I used them with MojoPoly, in this case if wifi was on i heard signal noise. But that was becouse of poly.

DIfference is really noticible from Mojo. Beleive me. And i also enjoy filter setting it is very usefull as these AKG are very detailed and sometimes i like warmer sound aproach.

Oct 22, 2019 at 7:43 AM Post #17,258 of 22,516
I recently got few days ago Hugo2 for my AKG K3003i. No hiss at all.
I used them with MojoPoly, in this case if wifi was on i heard signal noise. But that was becouse of poly.

DIfference is really noticible from Mojo. Beleive me. And i also enjoy filter setting it is very usefull as these AKG are very detailed and sometimes i like warmer sound aproach.
To be honest I've barely used my Mojo ever since I got it... Mostly been using either the AK SP1000M and my RME ADI 2. The mojo has too much power for iEMs I think so the more sensitive ones react quite poorly to that

The Hugo2 has a lower output impedance though so I'm guessing that shouldn't be an issue... I'll try and find a dealer to try it

Oct 22, 2019 at 8:10 AM Post #17,260 of 22,516
I find I had a bit of hiss with my Fourtes on my Hugo2. Aside from that it was also hard to adjust volume in small enough increments. I ended up getting the iFi IEMatch to help and that worked great for both.
Oh well hey there :D

Did you receive the U18t yet? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back