Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread
Oct 10, 2019 at 8:41 AM Post #17,177 of 22,513
Just ordered a Hugo 2. Now looking for a case. I'm aware of the original, the Miter and Dignis case, but they're all not quite my thing. Any other options I'm missing?

Oct 11, 2019 at 4:27 PM Post #17,178 of 22,513
Anyone with extensive testing of all(most) high end headphones who can say which one is the best pairing and synergy with the CH2, myself using HD800 and interested to upgrade and need a short list...love the HD800 for it 3D sound and detail and fantastic instrument plqcement. Don ot have any complaint as many has on the treble nor the bottom end being light, like its separation and clarity,though I would like some more "Body" if this makes any sense...so Empyrean? Utopia? or what else is perfect with CH2 and a step up from HD800?

Oct 12, 2019 at 12:28 AM Post #17,180 of 22,513
Given Poly, I think you are looking at more like $1499.

Hahahahaha. Good joke.

1. Apple 4K TV costs only $200 and it does everything the Chord Poly does and a whole lot more (also streaming full 4K movies from devices, games and many applications). And it is not restricted to just the Chord Mojo only.
2. There are even $350 speakers with Airplay 2 capabilities. So really, streaming technology is cheap to make.

And yes, i can use the Apple 4K TV to stream music from any device to my Chord Dave (and also to my Hugo 2 if I want to, but I prefer the Chord Dave in my home setup).

If the 2GO costs more than $500 (not even $1500), I will be seriously laughing how “audiophile” companies are able to rip people off. No wonder even chinese companies are capable of selling headphones made in China for $6000.

Last edited:
Oct 12, 2019 at 1:37 AM Post #17,181 of 22,513
Anyone with extensive testing of all(most) high end headphones who can say which one is the best pairing and synergy with the CH2, myself using HD800 and interested to upgrade and need a short list...love the HD800 for it 3D sound and detail and fantastic instrument plqcement. Don ot have any complaint as many has on the treble nor the bottom end being light, like its separation and clarity,though I would like some more "Body" if this makes any sense...so Empyrean? Utopia? or what else is perfect with CH2 and a step up from HD800?
I too would like an opinion from the experienced ones here. I use an Audioquest Nighthawk, which I feel is a bottleneck to the Hugo 2's performance. I want to upgrade with a budget of $2000. Please drop in some suggestions.

Oct 12, 2019 at 1:50 AM Post #17,182 of 22,513
1. Apple 4K TV costs only $200 and it does everything the Chord Poly does and a whole lot more (also streaming full 4K movies from devices, games and many applications). And it is not restricted to just the Chord Mojo only.

I understand your point but Apple TV cannot be used on the train, in a plane etc... Maybe it can but will be a very complicated portable setup.

And yes, i can use the Apple 4K TV to stream music from any device to my Chord Dave

How? A HDMI-to-optical converter? Did you know Apple TV 4K resamples all audio to 48kHz for the HDMI output, so audio isn't bit perfect, except for perhaps native 48kHz content.

Oct 12, 2019 at 2:19 AM Post #17,183 of 22,513
Hello everyone,
I'm a proud owner of a Black Hugo 2. Just got it 2 days ago. Love it so far. The sound is so natural and just flows n flows. Some pics to showcase my acquisition.
siik4j.jpg
BLLLd1.jpg

Oct 12, 2019 at 2:29 AM Post #17,184 of 22,513
I understand your point but Apple TV cannot be used on the train, in a plane etc... Maybe it can but will be a very complicated portable setup.

How? A HDMI-to-optical converter? Did you know Apple TV 4K resamples all audio to 48kHz for the HDMI output, so audio isn't bit perfect, except for perhaps native 48kHz content.

I stream in 2 ways.
1. From Apple 4K TV —> QLED Samsung 4K TV —> Chord Dave (optical)
Or
2. QLED Samsung 4K TV —> Chord Dave (optical)

Sounds good enough for me while having the ability to stream from any iPad, iPhone, Macbook, NAS drive or even the Chord Poly (the SD card can be accessed over Airplay from the Apple 4K TV or the Samsung TV).

All I am saying, this technology is very cheap and expecting $1500 for the 2Go is crazy. I am not sure if I am willing to pay $500 for it to be honest.

Oct 12, 2019 at 5:25 AM Post #17,186 of 22,513
Hahahahaha. Good joke.

2. There are even $350 speakers with Airplay 2 capabilities. So really, streaming technology is cheap to make.

And yes, i can use the Apple 4K TV to stream music from any device to my Chord Dave (and also to my Hugo 2 if I want to, but I prefer the Chord Dave in my home setup).

If the 2GO costs more than $500 (not even $1500), I will be seriously laughing how “audiophile” companies are able to rip people off. No wonder even chinese companies are capable of selling headphones made in China for $6000.

I imagine Apple benefits from selling 1,000x + the number of units that 2Go ever will.

Oct 12, 2019 at 5:27 AM Post #17,187 of 22,513

I'd have to say that if you're a fan of the HD800 FR/tonality but want a little more meat on the bones then Utopia is a great choice. It loses a bit on staging size, but what it lacks there it makes up for in every other aspect (IMO).

Oct 12, 2019 at 6:18 AM Post #17,188 of 22,513
Hahahahaha. Good joke.

2Go will not cost less than the Poly, so don’t get your hopes up

Oct 12, 2019 at 7:47 AM Post #17,190 of 22,513
The same price as Poly or up to $50 more or frankly the whole thing is some kind of sick joke.

Honestly? I hope not. That would mean it’s exactly like the Poly but fits the Hugo 2. Poly is a massive headache to deal with :frowning2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back