CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE
Dec 27, 2023 at 12:02 PM Post #25,279 of 25,869
Strange question for DAVE experts.

Are inputs BNC 3/4 equivalent to BNC 1/2 in all ways except label?
I have one of the very first Dave and I can’t get BNC1/2 to sync with M-Scaler or Blu2 so I always use BNC3/4 but my understanding is that newer Dave models don’t have this issue? That’s my understanding from reading the posts here.

Dec 27, 2023 at 12:05 PM Post #25,280 of 25,869
I have one of the very first Dave and I can’t get BNC1/2 to sync with M-Scaler or Blu2 so I always use BNC3/4 but my understanding is that newer Dave models don’t have this issue? That’s my understanding from reading the posts here.
Yeah, from a "BNC3" search, I see there were dropout issues on BNC 1/2. But I never have dropouts on any of the inputs (my DAVE is from this year).

Dec 27, 2023 at 12:17 PM Post #25,281 of 25,869
Newer Dave's are alot more tolerant to phase differences on the dual data inputs than older ones..i found that out when having different aged Daves here.

Dec 27, 2023 at 12:30 PM Post #25,282 of 25,869
Basically yes.
But input 3/4 seems to be 'better" sounding. At least that was the consensus over the years.

That was my finding, I've always felt input3/4 sounded best, if memory serves me correctly, one theory put forward was proximity of the BNC inputs to the PSU.

Dec 27, 2023 at 7:17 PM Post #25,285 of 25,869
Hi, I just got a Dave in, running without m-scaler for now. It was immediately apparent that the detail and resolution of the Dave was not translating on my DNA Stratus. I’m not shocked — other Stratus owned have said this before.

But I do wonder… could my interconnects be holding things back? I’m using Moon Silver Dragons with WBT Nextgen connections. Appreciate any thoughts or suggestions from others. Thank you.

Dec 27, 2023 at 8:06 PM Post #25,286 of 25,869
Hi, I just got a Dave in, running without m-scaler for now. It was immediately apparent that the detail and resolution of the Dave was not translating on my DNA Stratus. I’m not shocked — other Stratus owned have said this before.

But I do wonder… could my interconnects be holding things back? I’m using Moon Silver Dragons with WBT Nextgen connections. Appreciate any thoughts or suggestions from others. Thank you.
Are you using a preamp? And an amp?

Dec 28, 2023 at 7:37 AM Post #25,288 of 25,869
Has anyone here from the UK purchased omega speakers from the US and knows whether or not the listed price includes all taxes. Im looking at the super alnico high output monitors listed at around £2850 GBP. These are the top of the range monitors from omega and are easily powered by dave or tt2 direct. Or are they stocked by a UK supplier im slightly confused. Its the holiday season and i want to order these from their website and doubt anyone will be there now in the US if i phone omegas main number. Uber excited...

I might go ahead later today and pull the trigger on these to go with my mscaler//tt2 and JL d110 powered sub. 97dB efficiency speakers direct from tt2. Any last minute guidance from omega speaker owners appreciated. I know many dave owners have had excellent results with dave direct into omegas.

https://omegaloudspeakers.com/colle...lnico-high-output-monitor?variant=32172424908

1703775082338.png

Last edited:
Dec 28, 2023 at 10:47 AM Post #25,289 of 25,869
Has anyone here from the UK purchased omega speakers from the US and knows whether or not the listed price includes all taxes. Im looking at the super alnico high output monitors listed at around £2850 GBP. These are the top of the range monitors from omega and are easily powered by dave or tt2 direct. Or are they stocked by a UK supplier im slightly confused. Its the holiday season and i want to order these from their website and doubt anyone will be there now in the US if i phone omegas main number. Uber excited...

I might go ahead later today and pull the trigger on these to go with my mscaler//tt2 and JL d110 powered sub. 97dB efficiency speakers direct from tt2. Any last minute guidance from omega speaker owners appreciated. I know many dave owners have had excellent results with dave direct into omegas.

https://omegaloudspeakers.com/colle...lnico-high-output-monitor?variant=32172424908

1703775082338.png

In the US, posted prices do not include taxes.

Dec 28, 2023 at 10:54 AM Post #25,290 of 25,869

1703775082338.png
No expert on import duties - but you could review the product category here and see if duties apply, you will pay VAT, but then some goods are exempt from any further import fees:

https://www.gov.uk/trade-tariff

Users who are viewing this thread

Back