CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE
Nov 18, 2022 at 4:35 PM Post #23,176 of 25,867
I don't need to test that DAC, to know that the maths of the engineering implementation will yield an answer which will be the opposite of what you claim.
I don't need to appeal to authority - maths, science and engineering will suffice for me.
Like I said. Asr would probably be more up your alley than HF. May be worth a look

Nov 18, 2022 at 8:37 PM Post #23,178 of 25,867
Surely we are, or should be, wise enough on this forum to be not poking a lion with a stick whilst we tell it to stop eating meat and eat the vegetables we've purchased because we think they taste better than meat.
We ain’t scared :imp:

It’s more of an annoyance scrolling through their plethora of posts. They did flood this thread for a bit, which was unfortunate

Nov 18, 2022 at 10:26 PM Post #23,179 of 25,867
Surely we are, or should be, wise enough on this forum to be not poking a lion with a stick whilst we tell it to stop eating meat and eat the vegetables we've purchased because we think they taste better than meat

Should have checked the thread the comment was in before I posted tbh. Not much Totaldac content so I kinda responded to what I could tbh

Nov 18, 2022 at 11:13 PM Post #23,180 of 25,867
I don't need to test that DAC, to know that the maths of the engineering implementation will yield an answer which will be the opposite of what you claim.
I don't need to appeal to authority - maths, science and engineering will suffice for me.
Please stop saying maths.

Thank you

Nov 19, 2022 at 2:33 AM Post #23,183 of 25,867
Take it easy, big fella. He said, "please". Choose your battles; this one isn't worth it. The Dave rocks, regardless of your math.
You guys are aware that "maths" is standard usage in Britain and Europe, right? Does saying "please" give someone license to make a silly, unreasonable request?

Nov 19, 2022 at 2:39 AM Post #23,184 of 25,867
Let everyone just enjoy their favorite.. whats wrong with that.. I like my MDave combo and he does the Totaldac.. thats fine ..no need convincing

Last edited:
Nov 19, 2022 at 3:23 AM Post #23,185 of 25,867
Perhaps adding fuel to the fire, but there is Einstein’s famous dictum that not everything that can be measured is important and not everything that’s important can be measured.

One of the frustrating things about these debates is that there is no consensus on what measurements matter, how they should be taken, and their likely impact on sound quality. Without some common ground they tend to go nowhere, just a series of assertions and counter assertions.

Nov 19, 2022 at 4:23 AM Post #23,186 of 25,867
Perhaps adding fuel to the fire, but there is Einstein’s famous dictum that not everything that can be measured is important and not everything that’s important can be measured.

One of the frustrating things about these debates is that there is no consensus on what measurements matter, how they should be taken, and their likely impact on sound quality. Without some common ground they tend to go nowhere, just a series of assertions and counter assertions.
Many are simply measurement morons. Not all, but many.

Nov 19, 2022 at 4:54 AM Post #23,187 of 25,867
(Posting in full knowledge this is off topic and should get deleted, don't want to spark adebat, just having a little facetious (and pedantic) fun on a Saturday morning...)

It's "maths" because there's more than one of 'em. No one studies "mathematic" do they?

Nov 19, 2022 at 6:12 AM Post #23,189 of 25,867
Perhaps DAVE envy is an undiagnosed syndrome that is yet to be officially recognised
Dont worry i predict a future new Ultima DAC envy.. out of most financial reach

Nov 19, 2022 at 6:36 AM Post #23,190 of 25,867
I think it’s several things. 1) the DAVE is pricey and too expensive for many, so trashing it makes one feel better for not buying it. 2) the DAVE has been getting amazing reviews since it came out and is always on reviewers best of lists. That makes the DAVE a target, as people like to see the mighty fall. 3) Rob is omnipresent at conferences, so he is seen as some sort of authority figure. He’s also a bit arrogant, if we’re being honest. That makes his products an easy target for people to want to take down. 4) The DAvE measures poorly in ways that ASR deems important. The cult drinks that Kool-Aid and trashes the DAVE.

I personally love my DAVE and appreciate Rob interacting with our community. I just can see why others want to attack it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back