CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE
Jun 27, 2022 at 9:47 AM Post #20,881 of 25,882
First Scaler2 and perhaps after that Dave2 who nows….

Jun 27, 2022 at 11:10 AM Post #20,882 of 25,882
Any idea when the DAVE2 will be out guys?
Years away, if there is ever a Dave 2. The master (RW) last said it is not even his ‘to do’ list.

Jun 27, 2022 at 11:27 AM Post #20,883 of 25,882
just looping back on the optical cable discussion . . . using the sys concept cable (1m), i've been listening to 192k and dsd64 files all morning (and many days before) using my qutest. experience the same with my dave.

Jun 27, 2022 at 11:35 AM Post #20,884 of 25,882
Jun 27, 2022 at 12:06 PM Post #20,885 of 25,882
Use the silver small button on the DAVE at 6 O’clock position under teh main volume knob. Press it repeatedly until the Display options is highlighted. Then use the 3 O’clock small button to scroll through until you get Display 4 showing. Thats it. Leave it alone and it will set to that after a few seconds.
Thank you! I had my headphones plugged in and never saw the display.
Now if I could only get Display 2 to do they same trick. Not a fan of the color scheme for Display 4.

Jun 27, 2022 at 12:08 PM Post #20,886 of 25,882
I shipped a pair of tubes to the States earlier this month with DHL…utter catastrophe.
I've had a few Bicycle parts/clothes shipped DHL the past few months w/same bad issue. For some reason the DHL would sit in customs for 10-14 days at Chicago O'Hare airport. Literally 20 minutes from where I live. FedEx from Europe woud be here in a few days. No clue. It used to be the opposite.

Jun 27, 2022 at 3:50 PM Post #20,887 of 25,882
I ship stuff to the States every week with DHL. They are very reliable and normally it gets there in 2 or 3 days.

What was the problem with your shipment?
I gave DHL a teeny weeny little task that should of been a breeze for them. The following morning after a late afternoon parcel pickup I realised I had made an error. I phoned DHL and a very nice lady tells me, no worries we can stop and return the package as it hasn’t reached our shipping partners, nor can it leave the uk anyway without the custom’s or itemised invoice paperwork attached.
SEVERAL days of many many emails from several individuals within DHL, from the uk and the states, telling me the package hasn’t left the uk, that it has and is in the states, and now can’t go to it’s destination as it doesn’t have the correct paperwork, that I will have to pay a fee to get it back from the states, then an email that I won’t have to pay. I am told again don’t worry it cannot be in the states, no paperwork. Then where the heck is it!!

The chap I sent the tubes to sent me a very nice message to say he found a package in his drive…yup they were the tubes! And he’s very pleased with them!

I am sure DHL are ok, but this shouldn’t have caused such a circus!

Jun 27, 2022 at 4:17 PM Post #20,888 of 25,882
Yup... FedEx are just the same. Paid my Import Fees immediately... now they don't know where the package is. 🤯

Jun 27, 2022 at 4:53 PM Post #20,890 of 25,882
I gave DHL a teeny weeny little task that should of been a breeze for them. The following morning after a late afternoon parcel pickup I realised I had made an error. I phoned DHL and a very nice lady tells me, no worries we can stop and return the package as it hasn’t reached our shipping partners, nor can it leave the uk anyway without the custom’s or itemised invoice paperwork attached.
SEVERAL days of many many emails from several individuals within DHL, from the uk and the states, telling me the package hasn’t left the uk, that it has and is in the states, and now can’t go to it’s destination as it doesn’t have the correct paperwork, that I will have to pay a fee to get it back from the states, then an email that I won’t have to pay. I am told again don’t worry it cannot be in the states, no paperwork. Then where the heck is it!!

The chap I sent the tubes to sent me a very nice message to say he found a package in his drive…yup they were the tubes! And he’s very pleased with them!

To be fair to DHL they operate the PLT system now, (PaperLess Transfer), so there is no paperwork that is attached to the package. There is a skill to providing the correct expert codes but if one gets it right then it generally takes 2 to 3 days to arrive at the address in the USA from the UK. This is not DHL’s fault or Brexit or anyones. It is just the way things are done now. Attach the correct commodity code, correct export code and correct declaration of value and then the machines will pass it through the system.

By the way, exporting to the EU is far worse than the usa or indeed anywhere else in the world due to their beyond comprehension amounts of red tape.

I’ve never had trouble with Royal Mail. I have a larger and heavier package to send soon am going to try Royal Mail ParcelForce.
ParcelForce are not generally better then DHL. You still need to do your research and use the correct commodity code and correct export code. Personally i would prefer to use DHL.

Jun 27, 2022 at 5:45 PM Post #20,891 of 25,882
Crossfeed on Dave seems much better than TT2. I use 1 on my SolPs and 2 on the LCD5s. It makes the sound stage a bit less wide but at the same time gives the music a more out of head experience. Listening to the HD600 with crossfeed 1 and HF Fil On ... sounds glorious. :)

Jun 27, 2022 at 6:41 PM Post #20,893 of 25,882
No rush, the Dave in its current state still outperforms a great many of DAC's :smile_phones:
The question is is Dave better than many current gen $15-30k dacs from the top brands that focus on digital audio? I know what my answer is.

Jun 27, 2022 at 7:16 PM Post #20,894 of 25,882
The question is is Dave better than many current gen $15-30k dacs from the top brands that focus on digital audio? I know what my answer is.
That may be answered soon when the Choral MScaler (2) is introduced. My prediction is that many ex-DAVE owners may return once this is released with it possibly gaining glowing reviews.

Jun 27, 2022 at 7:17 PM Post #20,895 of 25,882
By the way, exporting to the EU is far worse than the usa or indeed anywhere else in the world due to their beyond comprehension amounts of red tape.
That's to protect the single market. Makes sense from an EU perspective. Problems only occur when you leave. Countries, generally want to join due to all the advantages!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back