CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE
Jun 22, 2022 at 5:01 PM Post #20,776 of 25,868
Hmm I just bought this cable does not work at 192. Compared to my other Monoprice cable this actually plays the music but it is very distorted. Sucks :wink:
I’m sorry to read that. Weird I have 2, 50cm & 1m and they worked flawless up to 192. Think it’s a well known cable here so maybe someone else can provide some more insights. Btw I also used to have the Lifatech and that worked up to 192 as well. My DAVE left the factory 3y ago but I assume that Chord didn’t make any changes to the optical in part (right?).

Last edited:
Jun 22, 2022 at 5:02 PM Post #20,777 of 25,868
Only cable that worked for me was the one that came with it, tried lifatech, wireworld, aq all failed at 192 mostly due to bad aligning at the connector. Maybe maybe if the lifatec was shorter dan 3ft someone said but did not want to try it twice with all the hassle from usa and back. So i stayed with the stock one always works
Hmmm thanks for the heads up. Will try stock later today.

Jun 22, 2022 at 5:08 PM Post #20,778 of 25,868
Hmmm thanks for the heads up. Will try stock later today.
Did you do a hard switch off/on when you swapped the cable? I recall that I had a few times some distortions when swapping optical/usb cables while DAVE was in standby.

Last edited:
Jun 22, 2022 at 5:20 PM Post #20,779 of 25,868
1300-strands 24/192 Toslink Premium. To be sure this is the sys concept one I have (2x).

Jun 22, 2022 at 5:58 PM Post #20,780 of 25,868
The Uptone UltraCap LPS-1.2 was mentioned on the Audiowise website as not been ideal for the Opto DX as some customers had experience problems with switching noise when the 1.2 switched from one bank of capacitors to the other. I don't see any reference to it now though. I use Farad Super3 supplies for both the transmitter and receiver.
Interesting. I can't hear it and still prefer the LPS-1.2 driving the Opto-DX than just PowerAdd.

I do hear a difference between PowerAdd batteries. To my ears, the smaller one sounds better than the larger one. I noticed in a post from Rob that he can hear a difference between different battery output voltages. I have yet to go there!

Jun 22, 2022 at 9:38 PM Post #20,782 of 25,868
Anyone else checking in from time to time to see if that capacitor has blown? :upside_down:

Jun 22, 2022 at 9:54 PM Post #20,783 of 25,868
Jun 22, 2022 at 10:02 PM Post #20,784 of 25,868
On one of my past TT2s, one toslink socket was just slightly slanted and the other was straight, flush with the frame. I could get perfect 192k playback with almost any cable on the good input and max 96k regardless of the cable on the slanted input. If your toslink input is the issue, I'm afraid the cable probably won't make a difference.

Jun 23, 2022 at 9:43 AM Post #20,786 of 25,868
I use the Farad3 in conjunction with my custom battery setup.

I still don't want random noise on the mains getting to my system.

I'm going to settle in with the m scaler for now. I'm avoiding configuration overload 🙂
How’s it going with the Farad3? Planning to order one soon for the Dave? Did you pay for the upgraded inlets and fuses? Thanks

Jun 23, 2022 at 9:50 AM Post #20,787 of 25,868
How’s it going with the Farad3? Planning to order one soon for the Dave? Did you pay for the upgraded inlets and fuses? Thanks
Haven't managed any focused listening since the day I installed the Farad3 for the DAVE.

I'll try again this evening.

Yes I paid for the upgraded inlets and the fuses.

I'm going to hold off on a Farad for the m scaler until I see where Chord are going with that if anywhere.

Last edited:
Jun 23, 2022 at 10:05 AM Post #20,788 of 25,868
Cool got the Mscaler today. I think it adds more of the same differences between TT2 and Dave. Sounds more realistic, more 3d like, more emotive, reverb and sounds of the recording space is increased. It’s not night and day but to me it seems worth it. I can see it priced lower but anything that increases my connection to the music is a needed addition.

I notice slight brightness hear and there. I’m sure it’s from the RF noise. Going to buy a DC power bank and then some Wave cables soon.

Overall I’m happy with the addition.

*oh I did notice a wierd bug that I was able to replicate. While using Amazon Unlimited if using “exclusive mode” and I switch tracks it play a half a second reversed snipit of a related audio track before going to new track. I’m running off optical and dual BNC. I pinged chord support about it already.
What is this stand you're using for the Dave? Looks nice and tidy.

Jun 23, 2022 at 11:08 AM Post #20,789 of 25,868
I would love to hear the Farad v a DC4. Anyone fancy a trip to Sunny Porthcawl with their DAVE and Farad? Compare to my DAVE and DC4. (The Farads looks an easier option to transport, the DC4 is big!) Free unlimited drinks of choice will be supplied!! Or has anyone already done this? Be great to hear any thoughts.

Jun 23, 2022 at 11:10 AM Post #20,790 of 25,868
Didn’t you know bigger/heavier is better?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back