CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE
Feb 23, 2022 at 11:21 AM Post #19,261 of 25,973
The TT2 is the only chord dac where you can use the rear XLR's to power headphones. You need to use the front headphone jack of the DAVE. It won't be able to drive the 1266tc to its full potential though.
Certainly yes to the first and second sentence. The third has been a topic of debate. Read the last 50 pages for the rehash and plug them in yourself to answer for yourself.

Feb 23, 2022 at 11:33 AM Post #19,262 of 25,973
Thanks for your answers. I will be get moon audio adapter to try this out. I have to wait a few weeks for the riviera aic 10 due to covid. One more question. Do you have experience with high end closed back HP that sound good directly via Dave? I mostly listen to jazz and classic (piano, quartets etc)

Feb 23, 2022 at 11:47 AM Post #19,263 of 25,973
Thanks for your answers. I will be get moon audio adapter to try this out. I have to wait a few weeks for the riviera aic 10 due to covid. One more question. Do you have experience with high end closed back HP that sound good directly via Dave? I mostly listen to jazz and classic (piano, quartets etc)

I like the LCD XC and Ether C Flow 1.1

Feb 24, 2022 at 7:52 AM Post #19,264 of 25,973
Thanks for your replays. One further Question. Which streamer do you use for dave. I am hasitating between lumin u1, aurender n20 or fidata (it has some good press). I do have a many music files (hires too) on HDD and do not use roon or tidal. Does anyone of you have an experience with a good cd drive?

Feb 24, 2022 at 8:01 AM Post #19,265 of 25,973
Thanks for your replays. One further Question. Which streamer do you use for dave. I am hasitating between lumin u1, aurender n20 or fidata (it has some good press). I do have a many music files (hires too) on HDD and do not use roon or tidal. Does anyone of you have an experience with a good cd drive?
How about a Melco N100EX with D100 Optical Drive.

Feb 24, 2022 at 8:07 AM Post #19,266 of 25,973
I got the n10 but n20 is more awsome… get an audition.

Feb 24, 2022 at 8:34 AM Post #19,267 of 25,973
Another idea. Since you have more or less decided on using long XLR's, have you considered
using a long optical cable from the TV back to the Dave?

I don't know about Dave but I use the M Scaler and TT2 and while there is too much delay
with the M Scaler, even in video mode, connecting my TV to the TT2 works really well.
That's something you could try first. I.e. connecting the TV to Dave and if it works out
you can buy 'just' a good power amplifier and have a simple but very good setup.

I tried a long optical and the lip sync issue was really bad. Moved my equipment around and tried a short optical but the problem was still there.

Drewligarchy, I am using a P12, Enleum 23R and the Sean Jacobs DC3 makes a big improvement to the sound.

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2022 at 8:48 AM Post #19,268 of 25,973
i love my Z1R , i may be an outlier though.

Feb 24, 2022 at 10:38 AM Post #19,269 of 25,973
How about Innuos?

Feb 24, 2022 at 11:13 AM Post #19,270 of 25,973
How about Innuos?
Yes. InnuOs Zenith MK3 is good. Pair it up with a Phoenix and it’s a very capable combination.

Attachments

• 20201004_131807(1).jpg
    20201004_131807(1).jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
Feb 24, 2022 at 12:45 PM Post #19,271 of 25,973

I think the Lumin U1 is excellent. Previously I had an Auralic Aries Femto - running optical to the Dave. I was unsure whether I would hear a difference with servers/streamers, especially when a non-electrical connection like toslink was used. With the U1 the background was blacker, details popped more, and the sound was smoother - even using USB direct from the U1 to the MScaler. The thing that stuck with me most was the increased smoothness, and effortlessness of sound. From a functionality standpoint, it's just such a pleasure to use. It's been on since I got it about 4 months ago, and never so much as a hiccup when streaming any imaginable file or sample rate. This is how it should be. With my Auralic Aries - I had to reboot it once a week. It hung sometimes and needed to be powercycled. You may not think this is a big deal, but your streamer/server is the primary transport for most of us - so if operating it is a pleasure, your listening experience will be that much more enjoyable. I didn't know this until I had the opportunity to experience a high-end server. I exclusively use roon, and have roon on an Intel Nuc in a seperate room. So it's ideal for my situation. If you don't use Roon, aurender is a great option. For Roon server and streamer, Innuos and Melco are brands others have mentioned are also good options.

Last edited:
Feb 25, 2022 at 12:38 AM Post #19,272 of 25,973
I‘m a big fan of the Sonore opticalRendu, esp. if you’re not a Roon user. Mine is paired with an Innuos Phoenix USB reclocker.

Feb 25, 2022 at 12:55 AM Post #19,273 of 25,973
Tested the latest Roon and still much prefer it serving squeeze-lite mode rather than RAAT.
I also tested the latest Roon (903) and still prefer LMS and Squeezelite.

Feb 25, 2022 at 2:04 AM Post #19,274 of 25,973
Certainly yes to the first and second sentence. The third has been a topic of debate. Read the last 50 pages for the rehash and plug them in yourself to answer for yourself.

It's generally only a debate for people that haven't actually owned and tried the Dave alone and Dave + TOTL amp. But I couldn't agree more, I'd test (both paths) and decide for yourself.

Feb 25, 2022 at 2:12 AM Post #19,275 of 25,973
Stealth is solid on the Dave. Very close to susvara sound but with more mid bass and fuller bass quantity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back