CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE
Apr 6, 2021 at 9:13 AM Post #17,029 of 25,863
I use these Acoustic Revive "Floating Crystal" boards under some of my gear to good effect. Yesterday I put some EMF/RFI sheets between the crystals and the bottom stand underneath teh streamer and Mscaler. The Mscaler one in particular gave me an SQ boost. Was super cheap. MAybe it will help somebody....

Apr 6, 2021 at 11:38 AM Post #17,030 of 25,863
I use these Acoustic Revive "Floating Crystal" boards under some of my gear to good effect. Yesterday I put some EMF/RFI sheets between the crystals and the bottom stand underneath teh streamer and Mscaler. The Mscaler one in particular gave me an SQ boost. Was super cheap. MAybe it will help somebody....
That is interesting. What did the SQ boost sound like and which RFI sheets did you use (I have used 3M ones before)?

Apr 6, 2021 at 9:03 PM Post #17,032 of 25,863
I see this https://tmraudio.com/components/d-a...ac-preamplifier-d-a-converter-black-remote-1/
they offer 14 day return should I go with it or should I get new one ? I ask because I don't know if chord improve anything with new build.

Get a new one, from a local dealer. You should be able to get a new Dave, with warranty, at around or not too far from the same price. (I believe, it's been a while since I bought mine and I did hear about some recent price hikes)

Apr 6, 2021 at 9:26 PM Post #17,033 of 25,863
Get a new one, from a local dealer. You should be able to get a new Dave, with warranty, at around or not too far from the same price. (I believe, it's been a while since I bought mine and I did hear about some recent price hikes)
Agreed.

Apr 6, 2021 at 10:18 PM Post #17,034 of 25,863
Apr 9, 2021 at 11:51 AM Post #17,035 of 25,863
excuse me for asking this here, I am a dave owner, and looking to sell one soon but in the for sale/for trade forums suddenly I am not able to post replies on any of the for sale for trade threads? Anyone experience something similar? Is it because they are soon to take away that section and ask all memebers to use classifieds only?

thank you!

Apr 9, 2021 at 7:34 PM Post #17,036 of 25,863
Does anyone here own both the DAVE and holo may?

Apr 9, 2021 at 7:47 PM Post #17,037 of 25,863
I’ve been trying to find comparisons between the two recently as well. I couldn’t find much. Logically, a $5000 dac shouldn’t be able to compete with a $10,000 one, but the Holo May is getting great reviews nonetheless. I read in a thread somewhere where the poster compared the Mola Mola Tambaqui with the Holo May KTE and that person claimed they are of similar quality. I’ve never heard either, but the Tambaqui has been reviewing very, very well too

Apr 9, 2021 at 7:55 PM Post #17,038 of 25,863
excuse me for asking this here, I am a dave owner, and looking to sell one soon but in the for sale/for trade forums suddenly I am not able to post replies on any of the for sale for trade threads? Anyone experience something similar? Is it because they are soon to take away that section and ask all memebers to use classifieds only?

thank you!

Yup, they're slowly migrating from those forums (and functionality) to the classifieds only. Found out the hard way through trial and error lol. There's an informative post on the migration right above the link to the new classifieds section.

Apr 9, 2021 at 7:56 PM Post #17,039 of 25,863
I’ve been trying to find comparisons between the two recently as well. I couldn’t find much. Logically, a $5000 dac shouldn’t be able to compete with a $10,000 one, but the Holo May is getting great reviews nonetheless. I read in a thread somewhere where the poster compared the Mola Mola Tambaqui with the Holo May KTE and that person claimed they are of similar quality. I’ve never heard either, but the Tambaqui has been reviewing very, very well too
I'm looking for comparisons too.

Apr 10, 2021 at 1:28 AM Post #17,040 of 25,863
While I don’t have experience with the Holo May, I did listening tests with the Holo Spring and my Schiit Yggdrasil A2 fueling my Eddie Current Black Widow 2. The Holo May would have a significant bridge to gap between the Spring and DAVE. At the risk of opening up another debate about R2R designs, I will just say I found the Chord DAVE to be a benchmark setting DAC both on paper and in practice.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back