CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE
Jan 27, 2017 at 3:26 PM Post #7,291 of 25,856
Well my dear chap Rob and I have had a few chats about this issue since The Ces Launch and together with Matt back at Chord we think we have a good solution we are scrapping the current boards still in manufacture and Rob has been designing a new main circuit board that will be going for express manufacture in the U.K. So we won't loose any time. The new board has the additional High Speed USB input circuitry you are all wanting. Yes we admit we got it wrong to omit the USB on the design as was. However we are pleased that we can announce that all production units will now come with USB input too.

Truly amazing, Wow!!!

Jan 27, 2017 at 3:27 PM Post #7,292 of 25,856
Well my dear chap Rob and I have had a few chats about this issue since The Ces Launch and together with Matt back at Chord we think we have a good solution we are scrapping the current boards still in manufacture and Rob has been designing a new main circuit board that will be going for express manufacture in the U.K. So we won't loose any time. The new board has the additional High Speed USB input circuitry you are all wanting. Yes we admit we got it wrong to omit the USB on the design as was. However we are pleased that we can announce that all production units will now come with USB input too.

o2smile.gif

Jan 27, 2017 at 3:59 PM Post #7,293 of 25,856

That is an amazing response. 
normal_smile .gif

The only downside is that everyone who made rude, anger filled posts after CES, will now claim that 'the end fully justified the means'. 
frown.gif

Jan 27, 2017 at 4:04 PM Post #7,294 of 25,856
Well done Chord,you've just made alot of people very happy,10 out of 10☺

Jan 27, 2017 at 4:45 PM Post #7,296 of 25,856

Splendid!. The penny is dropping! Any chance of dropping the CD mechanism and associated electronics, simplifying the casework and giving us DAVE owners the benefits of the M Scaler without the redundancy and expense of CD replay that many of us don't use? You know it makes sense! The Blu2 is a great solution for people with CDs and a DAVE. People with a DAVE whose music is on a hard drive or streamed want a great solution too. 

ps also a stand alone M Scaler would give CD users who are perfectly happy with their existing mechanism a way of upgrading too.

Jan 27, 2017 at 4:51 PM Post #7,297 of 25,856

Splendid!. The penny is dropping! Any chance of dropping the CD mechanism and associated electronics, simplifying the casework and giving us DAVE owners the benefits of the M Scaler without the redundancy and expense of CD replay that many of us don't use? You know it makes sense! The Blu2 is a great solution for people with CDs and a DAVE. People with a DAVE whose music is on a hard drive or streamed want a great solution too.

Absolutely Agree.

Jan 27, 2017 at 5:09 PM Post #7,298 of 25,856

Wowza!  Life all of a sudden got a lot happier, thank you!  I'm definitely moving forward with my order!

Jan 27, 2017 at 5:10 PM Post #7,299 of 25,856
Does CHORD supply (or can recommend) some specific cables set between the Blu2 and the DAVE ?

Jan 27, 2017 at 5:43 PM Post #7,301 of 25,856

This is not good for my wallet. But I guess I probably won't have to wait for the DAVINA and can just order/pre-order Blu 2. Hmmm... Very tempting. It's going to be a weekend of deep contemplation. Maybe listening to DAVE would inspire me to the right decision.

Jan 27, 2017 at 5:51 PM Post #7,302 of 25,856
Clive
I use Chord Sarum Super Aray BNC but I have used their Indigo BNC for a while and I was very impressed with its performance for half the price.

Jan 27, 2017 at 6:26 PM Post #7,303 of 25,856
hello, I'm new in this forum. great place to speak for audio.
I have AKG k702 headphones and since now I hear music from a Technics amp , not good I know, and I have some money to spent. Do you believe is a good fit my headphones with Chord Dave or it is better to buy better headphones and a cheaper headphone amp? HugoTT for example.

Jan 27, 2017 at 6:40 PM Post #7,304 of 25,856
Well now the Blu2 customers gonna have to share the cost for scraping all those old pcb :grin:. Like the old saying, be careful for what you're asking for.

Joking aside, I'm glad that Chord does listen to our requests & needs. :thumbsup:

Jan 27, 2017 at 6:59 PM Post #7,305 of 25,856
hello, I'm new in this forum. great place to speak for audio.
I have AKG k702 headphones and since now I hear music from a Technics amp , not good I know, and I have some money to spent. Do you believe is a good fit my headphones with Chord Dave or it is better to buy better headphones and a cheaper headphone amp? HugoTT for example.

I'm actually surprised this and other forums aren't excited about Hugo 2. To me, Hugo 2 is less an upgrade of Hugo but more a miniaturization of DAVE as it incorporates a lot of the new developments from DAVE. I'd strongly suspect with a limited budget, Hugo 2 plus more expensive headphones will give you more bang for the buck than DAVE and AKG702.
Heck, I was tempted to get a Hugo 2 for fun until I realize I need to save up for the Blu 2...

Users who are viewing this thread

• Ards
Back