CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE
Jul 5, 2021 at 7:03 AM Post #17,446 of 25,868
Dacs are sensitive to power. I used to be a bit skeptical of power cables til I swapped a few on the Dave. The difference was not small. The power cable made a huge difference.
I'm not sure about other DACs but the DAVE is definitely very sensitive to power and I was also surprised at how much difference changing the power cable (and adding a distributor) made to the DAVE. One of these days I suspect I'll try the DC4.

Jul 5, 2021 at 7:33 AM Post #17,448 of 25,868
After you moved to the DC4, did you try different power cables and if so, did they still make a huge difference?
i did. just switched ones I had. I hv a shunyata loom. I switched alpha and sigma on the DC4 and difference was much much slighter than before DC4, borderline golden ear territory. What did result in a significant upgrade was the Everest 8000 with XC cable and using grounding cables from my 2 DC4 to the Everest….

Jul 5, 2021 at 7:50 AM Post #17,452 of 25,868
@Sampajanna are you using Omega directly into Dave? I cannot recall if you are using PGGB upsampling and/or by-passing Amanero workflow.

BTW: I do not have Everest (I use PI Audio product) but agree on the other three bullet points...
I use mscaler. The pggb is no good for me. I’m exploratory too much and stream a lot… i like riding the streaming service waves to new and old places. It’s why I moved away from vinyl as well—too much joy in the drifting ride….

Jul 5, 2021 at 7:54 AM Post #17,453 of 25,868
BUt I cannot recommend Everest enough. It did magic for my amps as well. Epic. give it a spin if u can. Like the DC4 I am confident anyone who tries Everest will keep it…. But XC cable is a must unfortunately. They should really sell them together imho. Not the same without it.

Last edited:
Jul 5, 2021 at 10:24 AM Post #17,456 of 25,868
All of these are very expensive things. Am I right that only Wave Storm (cheapest in this list 🤣) is sold on "full refund if you don't like it" basis?
Not sure. Some cable companies allow trials, so you could try the Omega at least. I agree that one needs to visit shows or dealers and listen to stuff. One of the benefits of having a friendly local dealer is service. You pay more for stuff than buying online, but they help you set it up (if you need that/I don't) offer easier service or repairs, but most of all they will let you try and play in their showrooms, which is super helpful. I first heard the Everest this way, swapping it in and out....

Budget is always a factor in every system of course. One has to work within a budget, no doubt. I believe shunyata has other power conditioners and have heard good things about the Audioquest ones as well. I have heard one but it was a part of a whole system and no A/Bing allowed....

Jul 5, 2021 at 11:21 AM Post #17,458 of 25,868
All of these are very expensive things. Am I right that only Wave Storm (cheapest in this list 🤣) is sold on "full refund if you don't like it" basis?
It would be nice to try a DC4 in this way but I believe they are built to order and I guess the assembly part of it makes this less of an option than products that are simply plug and play. People do seem to be very happy with them.

Jul 5, 2021 at 1:46 PM Post #17,460 of 25,868

Users who are viewing this thread

Back