Chord Electronics - CES Launch Extravaganza
Jan 5, 2017 at 10:45 PM Post #481 of 635
Further to my previous post, I think the Hugo 2 looks fantastic and I love the innovation of the Poly. I will probably pass on the Poly solely because I do not stream my music so to me it represents a solution to a problem I do not have but my hat's off to Chord for design.

Same here, I appreciate the effort that went in to it but I don't stream and only wanted the SD slot and well I've said enough...

Jan 5, 2017 at 10:45 PM Post #482 of 635

I'm not willing to pay $700 for it. That doesn't mean I don't want it, Its a brilliant accessory to the mojo. The SD Card was much needed and chord had always said they'd make a bluetooth/wireless streaming add-on in the future thats the reason I bought the mojo over many other options. My Only Gripe is the Price. its ridiculous, It feels like chord is very disconnected from the kind of customers who bought a mojo compared to the customers who would buy a dave or hugo, Frankly its disrespectful. 

Exactly.

I'll be buying the Hugo 2 anyway, but I think it's the consumer's right to whine and complain :D

Jan 5, 2017 at 10:51 PM Post #484 of 635
Jan 5, 2017 at 11:05 PM Post #485 of 635
I hope they will have an MQA firmware update for their devices.  Tidal has started streaming MQA.  Just started reading up on MQA it's supposed to sound better with less bandwidth. 

Jan 5, 2017 at 11:18 PM Post #486 of 635
I personally feel the price is justified. Innovation cost money. I am more than happy to support the companies that innovate. Lots of companies make a dap. But does it sound as good as the mojo/poly? The question has to always be asked "what does it sound like?" Do we not remember the Tera Player?!? Everyone thought that screen less device was ridiculously priced until they heard it and then they thought different.

Jan 5, 2017 at 11:30 PM Post #487 of 635
Doesn't sound like $2000 for sure.

Nothing innovative about the Poly, its basically a DAP cut in half with the audio by Mojo and the functionality by Poly and the functionality is very poor with no screen and a dependency on an external device to control it.

Jan 5, 2017 at 11:39 PM Post #489 of 635

Nothing innovative about the Poly, its basically a DAP cut in half with the audio by Mojo and the functionality by Poly and the functionality is very poor with no screen and a dependency on an external device to control it.

This is what the original Geek Wave was supposed to be - transport controlled by a smartphone via app. I've yet to hear the Mojo, but from the looks of it, a smallish fraction of Mojo owners will go for this. Pricing does seem to be the biggest hurdle.

Jan 5, 2017 at 11:48 PM Post #491 of 635
Yawn. Seriously, this is what everyone was getting super hyped about? A Mojo clip on accessory, an overpriced DAC that gets the crap kicked out of it by Schiit multibit DACs half the price and a CD player? Where is Chord's Mimby/Bimby competitor? Where is MQA support? Big missed opportunity here. The whole countdown thing gets people hyped for nothing. Yup, this has pretty much turned me off from buying anything Chord ever. 

Jan 5, 2017 at 11:53 PM Post #492 of 635

Well said.
A phone (2nd hand with SD support and otg) feeds mojo if you just velcro it... The hype train got derailed

Jan 6, 2017 at 12:05 AM Post #493 of 635
Yup, and the Geek idea was a total non-sequiter. The later Geek Wave made more sense and I put down money on the top of the line Wave.

I went with the XD128 and I'm already having doubts that it will be delivered this year. I'm still using my beat-to-hell Cowon J3 with the hope they'll actually finish building the darned thing. Based on feedback, it's probably best that I haven't heard the Mojo - it seems like an easy decision once you give it a test run.

Jan 6, 2017 at 12:18 AM Post #495 of 635
I went with the XD128 and I'm already having doubts that it will be delivered this year. I'm still using my beat-to-hell Cowon J3 with the hope they'll actually finish building the darned thing. Based on feedback, it's probably best that I haven't heard the Mojo - it seems like an easy decision once you give it a test run.

If it sounds anything like my V2+Infinity, I'll be very happy.

The DAC functionality will be handy too at a pinch to connect to my phone for streaming.

Like most Crowdfunding, I simply puts me money down and forgets about it.

On second thoughts, that's what the Poly should have been with the Mojo doing AMP/DAC duties.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back