Chord Electronics - CES Launch Extravaganza
Jan 5, 2017 at 9:28 PM Post #466 of 635
Yeah pass on the Poly at that price point for sure. Think I'll go with a $35 Chromecast instead. Strap it to a battery pack for portability if needed. And I'm already feeling better about using an OTG cable. Want SD card functionality? Get a phone that takes SD cards.

Was very excited until I heard that price.

Jan 5, 2017 at 10:19 PM Post #472 of 635
Mojo + Poly! This new module is awesome. What a lovely pair, if only I have the $$$! :see_no_evil:

Jan 5, 2017 at 10:21 PM Post #473 of 635
I think it's best for Chord to know they've enraged their Mojo and Hugo customers with refreshing new products within two years and with that retail price for an accessory.

Love you guys, but c'mon. I think it's best for Chord to know that we are different from their old high-end customers who can dash out cash with ease.

Jan 5, 2017 at 10:28 PM Post #474 of 635
I think it's best for Chord to know they've enraged their Mojo and Hugo customers with refreshing new products within two years and with that retail price for an accessory.

Love you guys, but c'mon. I think it's best for Chord to know that we are different from their old high-end customers who can dash out cash with ease.

Chord refreshed a 3+ year old product with the Hugo 2 but in no way is the Poly refreshing the Mojo. Have you seen either the pictures or video? It is an add on to the Mojo not a replacement.

Jan 5, 2017 at 10:33 PM Post #476 of 635
Chord refreshed a 3+ year old product with the Hugo 2 but in no way is the Poly refreshing the Mojo. Have you seen either the pictures or video? It is an add on to the Mojo not a replacement.

From an existing mojo customer, What enrages me is not that they've upgraded the mojo, Which they haven't. Rather its the fact that they've released a long promised bluetooth add-on accessory (which was one of the reasons I bought the mojo in the first place) At a price HIGHER than the mojo itself. It's ridiculous. 

Jan 5, 2017 at 10:35 PM Post #477 of 635
Further to my previous post, I think the Hugo 2 looks fantastic and I love the innovation of the Poly. I will probably pass on the Poly solely because I do not stream my music so to me it represents a solution to a problem I do not have but my hat's off to Chord for design.

Jan 5, 2017 at 10:35 PM Post #478 of 635
If you dont want it then dont buy it. But many have been asking for a SD slot (you got it).

Jan 5, 2017 at 10:38 PM Post #479 of 635
From an existing mojo customer, What enrages me is not that they've upgraded the mojo, Which they haven't. Rather its the fact that they've released a long promised bluetooth add-on accessory (which was one of the reasons I bought the mojo in the first place) At a price HIGHER than the mojo itself. It's ridiculous. 

Then do not buy it. I believe in the semi strong efficient capital market hypothesis and if enough people do not buy it the price will come down. The research and development of the Mojo was far lower as the Mojo is the little brother to the Hugo. The Poly represents a first for Chord in the mobile market.

Jan 5, 2017 at 10:43 PM Post #480 of 635
Then do not buy it. I believe in the semi strong efficient capital market hypothesis and if enough people do not buy it the price will come down. The research and development of the Mojo was far lower as the Mojo is the little brother to the Hugo. The Poly represents a first for Chord in the mobile market.

I'm not willing to pay $700 for it. That doesn't mean I don't want it, Its a brilliant accessory to the mojo. The SD Card was much needed and chord had always said they'd make a bluetooth/wireless streaming add-on in the future thats the reason I bought the mojo over many other options. My Only Gripe is the Price. its ridiculous, It feels like chord is very disconnected from the kind of customers who bought a mojo compared to the customers who would buy a dave or hugo, Frankly its disrespectful. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back