Chord Electronics - CES Launch Extravaganza
Dec 31, 2016 at 6:41 PM Post #106 of 635
20 minutes till UK joins you, Happy New Year all.

Jan 1, 2017 at 3:36 PM Post #111 of 635

Welcome as the first 2017 member of the Chord enthusiasts - French branch. It has a small and select membership. 

Haha, it's an honor 
etysmile.gif

Jan 1, 2017 at 3:47 PM Post #112 of 635
  dave jr.

Haha - it's so funny the way people always want something different than what exists
wink_face.gif

Chord made Hugo, and people said - "I wish there was a bigger version", and TT appeared.

Then people said "I wish there was a smaller version", and Mojo appeared.

Then DAVE appeared, as a tour de force of Rob's ever-evolving state of the art, and lo, the masses saw that it was good.

But then they wanted a smaller version of DAVE, even though TT is, pretty-much, that.

Jan 1, 2017 at 9:53 PM Post #115 of 635
The only critique I've read about the Hugo and Mojo is that the amplifier sections are weak compared to competitors like the CDM and WA8. There's no question that the DACs are magical. I'm sure that will be addressed.

Its odd that there are still people out there (not you specifically) that still think that the Mojo and Hugo have a separate amp section.
Also, in what way are they weak? If compared to CDM and WA8 which are both tube amps, then of course the Chord devices would sound different BUT weak they are not. At line level, you'll already blow your ears out and kill most of your headgear

Jan 1, 2017 at 10:59 PM Post #116 of 635
Its odd that there are still people out there (not you specifically) that still think that the Mojo and Hugo have a separate amp section.
Also, in what way are they weak? If compared to CDM and WA8 which are both tube amps, then of course the Chord devices would sound different BUT weak they are not. At line level, you'll already blow your ears out and kill most of your headgear

I use it with Empire Ears Zeus which is an iem, but I have used it with he400i a D hd800/hd800 and it does just fine

Jan 1, 2017 at 11:12 PM Post #117 of 635
The only critique I've read about the Hugo and Mojo is that the amplifier sections are weak compared to competitors like the CDM and WA8. There's no question that the DACs are magical. I'm sure that will be addressed.

There is nothing to be addressed lol no amp sections in Hugo or mojo. What people like when they add an amp to it is distorted fat bass not "being driven better" tons of audiophiles on here are addicted to chunky bass, nothing wrong with that.

Jan 2, 2017 at 12:23 AM Post #118 of 635

Funny, the Mojo and Hugo output power (600mW@32 Ohm for both) are more powerful than the CDM (125mW@32 Ohm in balanced mode) and the WA8 (350 Ohm max - unspecified load) according to the specs. I suspect many are used to inflated / pleasing distortion (especially a consideration from tubes), which in turn has them to conclude that the drive ability is weak, when in fact it's simply not the case. The weak amp section argument is not only patently false because of the topology in Chord DACs that doesn't include a traditional seperate amp, but false based on the specs compared to many mentioned portable gear. The entire reason Rob designs the gear this way is for greater transparency to the source with less components in the audio path. I guarantee they won't address an issue that doesn't exist.

Back on topic, I wonder if the 'collaboration' mentioned in the new announcements will be a very large factor of the new products.

Jan 2, 2017 at 1:45 AM Post #120 of 635
I am exited about the big reveal... But boy... How do I watch it on the web? Any live feeds? Or more importantly when do we find out about release date.

Not that I can afford anything for like 2 more years

the SD will be a very interesting product for Mojo owners.

As for the other two products to be announced, for those of us who aren't gonna spend for a while let's wait for those product threads to hit 10,000 posts and more lol :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back