Chord Electronics - CES Launch Extravaganza
Jan 9, 2017 at 3:01 AM Post #601 of 635
Has Chord confirmed yet if Hugo 2 has galvanic isolation on the USB or not?

Personally I don't see the point of Poly on a home system, it's a neat solution if you are always on the move and need a portable solution but it costs more than Mojo itself which is a little absurd.

I wonder what Poly for Hugo 2 will bring? Same as Mojo or more?

Jan 9, 2017 at 10:50 AM Post #602 of 635
Has Chord confirmed yet if Hugo 2 has galvanic isolation on the USB or not?

Personally I don't see the point of Poly on a home system, it's a neat solution if you are always on the move and need a portable solution but it costs more than Mojo itself which is a little absurd.

I wonder what Poly for Hugo 2 will bring? Same as Mojo or more?
Please read the threads as to all I've posted on the technologies within Poly before you make a comment that the price of Poly is absurd if you take the time to understand I'm sure you might not make such incorrect sweeping statements.

Jan 9, 2017 at 11:41 AM Post #603 of 635
Hi John, I did read your posts previously and understand what you have done with Poly. It looks a terrific product that I would buy myself if I was always on the move. I was simply expressing an opinion that it's unusual for an accessory to be priced higher than the product itself. You have explained why that is. Absurd was the wrong word to use.

Jan 10, 2017 at 5:21 PM Post #604 of 635

John, you gave this answer when asked how people with Android phones will be able to stream Spotify and Tidal from their phones to the Poly.

But afaik neither Spotify nor Tidal have DLNA support under Android. (Nor does Qobuz, another popular streaming service.)

Could you give us more detail therefore of how you are getting Spotify under Android to stream to a DLNA renderer?

Jan 13, 2017 at 5:52 PM Post #605 of 635
John, you gave this answer when asked how people with Android phones will be able to stream Spotify and Tidal from their phones to the Poly.

But afaik neither Spotify nor Tidal have DLNA support under Android. (Nor does Qobuz, another popular streaming service.)

Could you give us more detail therefore of how you are getting Spotify under Android to stream to a DLNA renderer?

Hi, I don't know about Spotify or Tidal but Qobuz seems to work with upnp: http://blogsv2.qobuz.com/qobuz-blog-en/2015/07/09/179/

I haven't tried it myself as I am a mac user so used Airplay when I tried Qobuz streaming service.

Cheers,

Pierre

Jan 14, 2017 at 4:15 AM Post #606 of 635
Mojo ideas,

The only thing I'm worring about Poly is the RFI interference.

I have sometimes noticed a low volume of hiss, when putting Mojo near my other equipment --- either it's a cellphone, a laptop, or simply a tube amp, etc.

Especially when I'm using Mojo as a pure dac, I can hear the hiss being more noticable from my amp. And if I'm using Mojo as a dac/amp combo, the hiss is less noticable.

However, when I put Mojo far away from those equipments, all the hiss went away. It's so clean, the background is so dark, and the sound is smooth and nice.

Since I have repeatedly found Mojo quite vulnerable to external RFI interference and intermodulation noises, I'm really worring about Poly. What really worries me the most, is whether or not Poly will cause the same RFI problem to the Mojo.

So I hope Chord can find a solution to eliminate those unwanted hiss sound, so that I can safely purchase a Poly and get the clean result of sound that I want.

TL;DR: Will Poly cause RFI hiss noise to Mojo?

Jan 14, 2017 at 5:13 AM Post #607 of 635
That is what I'm hoping from Poly that it will eliminate all the interference issues the Mojo has when using it stacked.

Jan 14, 2017 at 9:45 PM Post #608 of 635
Mojo ideas,

The only thing I'm worring about Poly is the RFI interference.

I have sometimes noticed a low volume of hiss, when putting Mojo near my other equipment --- either it's a cellphone, a laptop, or simply a tube amp, etc.

Especially when I'm using Mojo as a pure dac, I can hear the hiss being more noticable from my amp. And if I'm using Mojo as a dac/amp combo, the hiss is less noticable.

However, when I put Mojo far away from those equipments, all the hiss went away. It's so clean, the background is so dark, and the sound is smooth and nice.

Since I have repeatedly found Mojo quite vulnerable to external RFI interference and intermodulation noises, I'm really worring about Poly. What really worries me the most, is whether or not Poly will cause the same RFI problem to the Mojo.

So I hope Chord can find a solution to eliminate those unwanted hiss sound, so that I can safely purchase a Poly and get the clean result of sound that I want.

TL;DR: Will Poly cause RFI hiss noise to Mojo?

Ask this in the Poly thread, just definetly a lot of people's concern, but I think mojoideas and others are more active in that thread

Who knows... Maybe if enough ask,it will be answer2

Jan 14, 2017 at 11:47 PM Post #609 of 635
Do you honestly think there's the slightest possibility that they'd release a $600 add-on to the Mojo that actually interferes with it?

Jan 15, 2017 at 12:09 AM Post #610 of 635
Do you honestly think there's the slightest possibility that they'd release a $600 add-on to the Mojo that actually interferes with it?

Yes, because I never thought they would release an add on that costs more than the engine.... Here it is... So anything is probable now

Jan 15, 2017 at 10:35 PM Post #612 of 635
  you know hes got a point lol it could cause RFI problems as funny as it sounds to say it.

This isn't some fly-by-night company in China making rip-offs of other people's stuff. You don't think maybe they'd notice if plugging in the Poly cause RFI problems?  Or are you saying they would notice but they'd release it anyways because they don't care about their reputation as a company?

Not trying to sound smarmy, but I'm honestly trying to understand the mindset.  There's nothing in this company's history that would suggest that they'd be so lax when it comes to quality (sound, build or otherwise).  I think Rob's head would explode if Chord made a device that made his DAC's sound worse.

Jan 16, 2017 at 1:41 AM Post #613 of 635

This isn't some fly-by-night company in China making rip-offs of other people's stuff. You don't think maybe they'd notice if plugging in the Poly cause RFI problems?  Or are you saying they would notice but they'd release it anyways because they don't care about their reputation as a company?

Not trying to sound smarmy, but I'm honestly trying to understand the mindset.  There's nothing in this company's history that would suggest that they'd be so lax when it comes to quality (sound, build or otherwise).  I think Rob's head would explode if Chord made a device that made his DAC's sound worse.

It'll take like 2 minutes for Chord to answer this question. The mindset here is, 'I would like to buy, but before I fork out good money (because all money is good money), I have had this one issue with the Mojo in the past- albeit not with your streamer. Could I confirm this has been taken care of, so I can buy with confidence?'

I think people are asking because they're interested to buy, and not because they're trying to diss. That's a good thing.

Jan 19, 2017 at 9:48 PM Post #614 of 635
It'll take like 2 minutes for Chord to answer this question. The mindset here is, 'I would like to buy, but before I fork out good money (because all money is good money), I have had this one issue with the Mojo in the past- albeit not with your streamer. Could I confirm this has been taken care of, so I can buy with confidence?'

I think people are asking because they're interested to buy, and not because they're trying to diss. That's a good thing.

I agree... We also were told that Jude was gonna post a video on Poly.... Weeks ago

Jan 19, 2017 at 10:18 PM Post #615 of 635
It's a legitimate question and concern. A few things. Mojo is a portable device and one of its primary functions is to be used when on the go with a phone. That being said, some people expected it to be quiet when used with a phone, however, that was not always the case. The reply from chord, was something along the lines of there being nothing they could do, put your phone in airplane mode, keep it away, etc.

Now, Poly has come along, and perhaps the previous poster didn't phrase the question correctly, but maybe he was asking if the Poly will suffer from the same problems as the Mojo. Does it do anything to mitigate the rf interference? Opposed to directly causing said interference.

If I'm wrong about what he's asking, well, I'd like to know the answer to that question regardless, hopefully without offending the loyal Chord fan base.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back